• 112 results
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By PowerHerc

IMO Wonder Woman is the better character, it's not even close.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By EpitomeofCool

Storm........

Avatar image for hurricanepanther
HurricanePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By HurricanePanther
@norusdog: Well im not even going to bother having an argument with you i can already see where this is going (this person is definitely pathetic) end of discussion   
HurricanePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By HurricanePanther
@FadeToBlackBolt: ROFL a cracked out supertroll? im only backing up my fave marvel character and now im a super monster? rofl just rofl
Paireon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Paireon
@HurricanePanther:

It's not your opinion, it's the way you promote it that gets on people's nerves. Your liking a character does not make said character more powerful. I like Conan more than I like Batman, but that doesn't mean that I get blinded to the fact that Batman is the superior combatant, nor do I defend him by belittling others, which seems to be your case. Besides, this isn't a popularity contest, it's about which character would beat the other in a fight. And please stop your constant use of lol and rofl, it's annoying.

@Aqua11500:

See my remark about the popularity contest part above; iconicity is a non-factor here (which some WW advocates should also remember...). Also, you don't seem to know Wonder Woman very well, as she can not only take Supes' punches, but she can also respond in kind. She more than once beat Superman/god-level foes by punching them in the face. Storm has the physical abilities of a normal (albeit very athletic) human, while Wonder Woman has physical prowess equivalent to a top-tier Olympian god across the board. And being capable of tanking a t-nuke means you can tank any amount of lightning that can be created on Earth unless you're specifically vulnerable to electricity, which Diana ain't - she survived Zeus' divine lightning bolts, any natural lightning would merely tickle her by comparison.

Honestly, as much as I like Storm, she simply has nothing in her arsenal that can hurt or even slow down Wonder Woman, and doesn't have the speed or fighting ability to keep up or hold her at bay. Besides, if WW got cut before, it was due to her enemy possessing either inhuman strength or a powerful magical/ultratech weapon (or the writer nerfing her).

HurricanePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HurricanePanther
@Paireon: Oh? well now that i look at it that way what your saying is true but i can come of a tad offensive when someone thinks they know something about a character when they dont oh and sorry i wont stop my sue of rofl and lol because i dont see how its annoying....lol!
Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Norusdog
@Ryonslaught: Where are you getting that the majority saying WW would win hate storm or are downplaying her? sure a comment here and there has been made..but otherwise Storm has hardly been down played or insulted....so get more of a basis before you fly off next time mmkay.

I certainly don't think Storm sucks but WW would beat her...doesn't mean one is a "better woman" then the other..just in a battle...WW would win...

Sure if she get's hit by a bolt of lightning I'm sure it'd hurt..but she's almost superman tough...superman shrugs off hits like that all the time (Shazam being the exception not the rule)..but overall WW can "weather" storm's attacks (yes, dumb pun intended)..while one supersonic speed fueled punch and Storm's body needs to go looking for it's head.
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Wyldsong:
@Backflip:
@HurricanePanther: Thanks for the pictures. Thats Storm with a Dagger. Below are pics of WW with weapons

according to Storms page she has traveled by lightning before but doesnt often, they also dont state how accurate her travels are which dont really matter because WW can move at faster tehn the speed of light. 

Storms page also said she has used wind and/or water to lift the x-mens jet (which is stated to weigh 300 tons) 

I dont think WW is thousands of years old but she is one of the best fighters in the DCU 

blocking bullets
blocking bullets

Killing someone with mind control powers with her bare hands because mind control doesnt affect her
Killing someone with mind control powers with her bare hands because mind control doesnt affect her

simple blocking a spear, could easily block a dagger
simple blocking a spear, could easily block a dagger

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Paireon said:
"she can not only take Supes' punches, but she can also respond in kind. She more than once beat Superman/god-level foes by punching them in the face. Storm has the physical abilities of a normal (albeit very athletic) human, while Wonder Woman has physical prowess equivalent to a top-tier Olympian god across the board. And being capable of tanking a t-nuke means you can tank any amount of lightning that can be created on Earth unless you're specifically vulnerable to electricity, which Diana ain't - she survived Zeus' divine lightning bolts, any natural lightning would merely tickle her by comparison.

Honestly, as much as I like Storm, she simply has nothing in her arsenal that can hurt or even slow down Wonder Woman, and doesn't have the speed or fighting ability to keep up or hold her at bay. Besides, if WW got cut before, it was due to her enemy possessing either inhuman strength or a powerful magical/ultratech weapon (or the writer nerfing her).

"

Well said, although the weapon doesnt have to be powerful magic or ultratech weaponary, she can be hurt by normal bullets the problem is she is to fast for them to come in contact with her.

@Aqua11500:
and replying to your edit, you brought up Ms. Marvel which power wise i think would be a better fight but i agree she isnt as iconic
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Green Skin

The problem with a thread like this is that it's comparing apples and oranges.
 Wonder Woman is an icon, Storm isn't.  
Wonder Woman is powerful enough to hold her own against someone as strong as Superman, Storm isn't.  
WW is one of the most recognized female characters of all time, Storm isn't.
WW is popular enough to have her solo title reach over 600 issues, Storm isn't even close.
Other than some cursory background similiarities, the comparison is an utter mismatch.

Now that's not to say Storm sucks or anything like that.  Storm is a fantastic character, but when you compare her to someone like Wonder Woman, then yes she does suck in comparison.   It'd be like trying to compare Cyclops to Superman, just utterly wrong.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tim2081
@Green Skin said:
" The problem with a thread like this is that it's comparing apples and oranges.  Wonder Woman is an icon, Storm isn't.   Wonder Woman is powerful enough to hold her own against someone as strong as Superman, Storm isn't.   WW is one of the most recognized female characters of all time, Storm isn't. WW is popular enough to have her solo title reach over 600 issues, Storm isn't even close. Other than some cursory background similiarities, the comparison is an utter mismatch.  Now that's not to say Storm sucks or anything like that.  Storm is a fantastic character, but when you compare her to someone like Wonder Woman, then yes she does suck in comparison.   It'd be like trying to compare Cyclops to Superman, just utterly wrong. "
They are very different, and because they are different I don't think one can suck in comparison to another. Even though Wonder Woman is more popular in the media, that doesn't mean her character is better. I think it would be more accurate to say it's like comparing a superhero to an anti-hero.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Green Skin
@tim2081 said:
" @Green Skin said:
" The problem with a thread like this is that it's comparing apples and oranges.  Wonder Woman is an icon, Storm isn't.   Wonder Woman is powerful enough to hold her own against someone as strong as Superman, Storm isn't.   WW is one of the most recognized female characters of all time, Storm isn't. WW is popular enough to have her solo title reach over 600 issues, Storm isn't even close. Other than some cursory background similiarities, the comparison is an utter mismatch.  Now that's not to say Storm sucks or anything like that.  Storm is a fantastic character, but when you compare her to someone like Wonder Woman, then yes she does suck in comparison.   It'd be like trying to compare Cyclops to Superman, just utterly wrong. "
They are very different, and because they are different I don't think one can suck in comparison to another. Even though Wonder Woman is more popular in the media, that doesn't mean her character is better. I think it would be more accurate to say it's like comparing a superhero to an anti-hero. "
So you're saying Storm is an anti hero?  I don't know about that.   I'm not saying WW is a better character, I'm saying she is more powerful, successful and iconic.    Storm comes up short compared to WW, call it what you will. 
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RLAAMJR

This is not really about who is more powerful. I would like to ask these again.

1.But you see, i was just thinking that if there were also a lot of women in dc, women who are more powerful than her, fighting along with the rest of the league,

2. If Wonder Woman was really stated to be clearly weaker than Superman, just like how others say that Storm is  weaker than Thor

3 If Supergirl is stronger and more invulnerable than Wonder Woman, just like Ms marvel compared to Storm,

would Wonder Woman still be as popular as she is now?  

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tim2081
@Green Skin: I'm not saying Storm is an anti-hero, but she's not much of a classic superhero. Most of the X-Men aren't heroes, which is why they isolate themselves a lot. So I'm just talking about characterization. Wonder Woman is somewhat restricted to doing things that are morally right, and she will be criticized by Superman and Batman if she steps out of line. Storm can do whatever she wants, she started out as thief, and she hangs out with Gambit and Wolverine who are sometimes morally questionable. I think Storm has more room to grow as a character, but Wonder Woman is a necessary character that fits an archetype. I like both characters, but they're not nearly as similar as people say, so I was just agreeing with you when said its like comparing apples and oranges.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Green Skin
@tim2081 said:
" @Green Skin: I'm not saying Storm is an anti-hero, but she's not much of a classic superhero. Most of the X-Men aren't heroes, which is why they isolate themselves a lot. So I'm just talking about characterization. Wonder Woman is somewhat restricted to doing things that are morally right, and she will be criticized by Superman and Batman if she steps out of line. Storm can do whatever she wants, she started out as thief, and she hangs out with Gambit and Wolverine who are sometimes morally questionable. I think Storm has more room to grow as a character, but Wonder Woman is a necessary character that fits an archetype. I like both characters, but they're not nearly as similar as people say, so I was just agreeing with you when said its like comparing apples and oranges. "
Ah, I see now.  I completely agree. 
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DEGRAAF
@RLAAMJR:
Really seemed like only the 3rd sentence was a question and as a reply i say no. If she was weaker than Supergirl, i think Supergirl would become more iconic and well known (besides the fact that she uses the Super in her name)
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Aqua11500
@Paireon said:
" @HurricanePanther:

It's not your opinion, it's the way you promote it that gets on people's nerves. Your liking a character does not make said character more powerful. I like Conan more than I like Batman, but that doesn't mean that I get blinded to the fact that Batman is the superior combatant, nor do I defend him by belittling others, which seems to be your case. Besides, this isn't a popularity contest, it's about which character would beat the other in a fight. And please stop your constant use of lol and rofl, it's annoying.

@Aqua11500:

See my remark about the popularity contest part above; iconicity is a non-factor here (which some WW advocates should also remember...). Also, you don't seem to know Wonder Woman very well, as she can not only take Supes' punches, but she can also respond in kind. She more than once beat Superman/god-level foes by punching them in the face. Storm has the physical abilities of a normal (albeit very athletic) human, while Wonder Woman has physical prowess equivalent to a top-tier Olympian god across the board. And being capable of tanking a t-nuke means you can tank any amount of lightning that can be created on Earth unless you're specifically vulnerable to electricity, which Diana ain't - she survived Zeus' divine lightning bolts, any natural lightning would merely tickle her by comparison.

"
 Did you read my entire post? i never did post anything focusing on WW,i was focusing more on Storm.I'm very aware of WW character and what she is capable of.

I said this was not intended to be a Battle thread,i'm talking about character wise.of course WW would over power Ororo,but basically what i'm saying is that they are both the well known and iconic lead females for both of there universes.
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By RLAAMJR
@DEGRAAF said:

" @RLAAMJR: Really seemed like only the 3rd sentence was a question and as a reply i say no. If she was weaker than Supergirl, i think Supergirl would become more iconic and well known (besides the fact that she uses the Super in her name) "

Yeah. It was just one question. Thanks for answering.

No Caption Provided
Paireon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Paireon
@Aqua11500:

"and for all the people saying WW is more powerful than Storm,that's not true either."

"Just because Diana can take a punch from Supes does not necessarily mean that she is stronger"

Those are the quotes of the part of your post I responded to, which pretty much concern WW. And although you said it wasn't intended to be a battle thread, that's what it turned into anyway. And as far as iconicity goes, I don't concern myself much with it personally, but somehow DC has a consistently better track record in that department when it comes to women. Storm may arguably be the most iconic Marvel heroine, but DC has about half a dozen who are better known and more iconic than her: Supergirl, Batgirl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Lois Lane... and there's a bunch of others with comparable levels of recognition.

It may be mostly due to DC generally treating their female characters better than Marvel, though. When you think about it, Storm is one of the least screwed-over heroines in the Marvelverse, even accounting for a lengthy bout of depowering. It's probably why she managed her level of recognition, which is rivaled in the Marvel universe only by She-Hulk, Mary-Jane Watson and Sue Storm. No small feat considering the X-books where she's usually shown are freakin' horrible towards their female cast (believe me, you DON'T want a list... but you probably know what I'm talking about anyway).

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Aqua11500
@Paireon: Well i still believe that is true,WW is very powerful,sometimes too the point where it's ridiculous,but you can't really compare because of there general power set.WW is a physical powerhouse,Storm deals with more energy/elemental related powers.They both have some pretty high end feats from decades and decades.but at the same time we all know that DC tends to have characters that should be regular Superheroes' ending up with Sky father level feats.Marvel characters as far as terms of power seem to be more consistent and at a more ratable level. 

Also i agree with you,DC does give majority of the women of there universe more respect and they promote them more,Marvel they run with it,then they loose it.they've tried with She-Hulk(cancelled,Ms.Marvel(cancelled),the most they are doing with there ladies right now is putting out tittle mini series,which is a good start.  

LOL X-men books are kinda upsetting to read right about now,i know exactly what you mean.Fraction makes me sick.
Paireon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Paireon
@Aqua11500:

Pretty true that DC's power levels tend to be inconsistent, though it's not so bad now as it was pre-Crisis. Marvel does have the same problems at times IMO, especially with their higher-tier characters like Hulk, Thor or Galactus, plus the utter ridiculousness that is Reed Richards' scientific prowess -he can find a cure for pan-dimensional superplagues in less than a week, but can't take a weekend to figure out a cure for aids or cancer!? What the fook!?- although it can be easily interpreted as him being a complete jerkass of Peter Griffin caliber (IIRC, the reason he's stinking rich is because big corporations pay him a fortune so he doesn't distribute his tech, basically robbing from the rich and giving to himself), and his treatment of his own family seems to support the assumption (see this link- http://www.cracked.com/article_16512_the-6-worst-comic-book-super-husbands_p2.html -although what's talked about there is fodder for another topic, that would be no doubt fueled with nerd rage and lulz).

*Ahem* Sorry for the off-topic rant, just had to get it out of my system. Now for a slightly more on-topic rant!

And as for DC's superior treatment of women, I believe it has to do with the fact that one of their first big-name characters was a strong quasi-feminist figure popular enough to have her own title in the 40's (e.g. WW), so when superhero comics made a comeback in the 60's they already had a good example of how to do it right. Marvel on the other hand didn't have that, and didn't really try to get it right for a long time; it took them almost a decade just to have heroines with powers on par with their male counterparts, and even then those women who received a power boost tended to eventually go insane and turn evil for a while (Dark Phoenix and Malice, I'm looking at you!). And even with strong powers, they were way too often undermined by plot devices and characterizations that made them look weak, useless or disposable. By the time the bronze age ended, the portrayal of women in Marvel comics had been so ingrained both inside the company and among its readership that it more or less crippled Marvel's ability to have strong, solo leading ladies. That's my personal theory, anyway.

As for X-Men, I haven't really read them -or much superhero comics in general- since 1996-97 (I don't think I need to explain this one :P) but I keep myself reasonably up-to-date on what's going on (hurray for Wikis and Comicvine), and for the last half-decade or more it feels like a really stupid soap opera gone FUBAR- a truckload of new and potentially interesting characters are introduced only to be fridged in various cruel and/or lame ways just so we can keep watching the old cast play out the same goddamn tired shenanigans they played 20 years back, with said old cast getting flanderized and exaggerated into one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs or derailed into barely recognizable shells of their former selves. I mean, how many more overwrought twists and turns (and dead ethnic lovers) can we give to Wolverine's past, and how much more can we pump up his healing factor? It started creeping up a long time ago, but now it's almost gotten to the same level as Lobo's, who's an exaggerated satire of grimdark antiheroes like Logan in the first place!

Also, what I said previously seems to jive pretty well with your "dislike" of Fraction- based on what I know, in the Utopia crossover, he fucked mutants over 20 years backwards, or worse. Now John Q. Public hates 'em even more (based on what NORMAN FREAKIN' OSBORN TOLD 'EM!! Seriously, the Marvel universe's general populace is a bunch of retards), they're completely segregated and discriminated against to a degree not even seen when the government still had a Sentinel project going, and they have to go live on out-of-the-way islands (or asteroids) like leper colonies to be left moderately in peace, and even THAT didn't last very long... Oh, and not that X-books were all that subtle in the first place, but making SAN FRANCISCO a mutant refuge and/or prison camp!? REAL smooth, guys...

Whew! Sorry for the longass tangential reply, just had a lot on my mind that I had to express.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Paireon: 

As for X-Men, I haven't really read them -or much superhero comics in general- since 1996-97 (I don't think I need to explain this one :P) but I keep myself reasonably up-to-date on what's going on (hurray for Wikis and Comicvine), and for the last half-decade or more it feels like a really stupid soap opera gone FUBAR- a truckload of new and potentially interesting characters are introduced only to be fridged in various cruel and/or lame ways just so we can keep watching the old cast play out the same goddamn tired shenanigans they played 20 years back, with said old cast getting flanderized and exaggerated into one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs or derailed into barely recognizable shells of their former selves. I mean, how many more overwrought twists and turns (and dead ethnic lovers) can we give to Wolverine's past, and how much more can we pump up his healing factor? It started creeping up a long time ago, but now it's almost gotten to the same level as Lobo's, who's an exaggerated satire of grimdark antiheroes like Logan in the first place! 

Also, what I said previously seems to jive pretty well with your "dislike" of Fraction- based on what I know, in the Utopia crossover, he fucked mutants over 20 years backwards, or worse. Now John Q. Public hates 'em even more (based on what NORMAN FREAKIN' OSBORN TOLD 'EM!! Seriously, the Marvel universe's general populace is a bunch of retards), they're completely segregated and discriminated against to a degree not even seen when the government still had a Sentinel project going, and they have to go live on out-of-the-way islands (or asteroids) like leper colonies to be left moderately in peace, and even THAT didn't last very long... Oh, and not that X-books were all that subtle in the first place, but making SAN FRANCISCO a mutant refuge and/or prison camp!? REAL smooth, guys...    

LOL this is great. Thanks, it makes me feel better that others feel the same way i do. I grew up paying attention to the newer characters and then they all get pushed back for the old peoples versions. I hate that the majority of comics are stuck in an endless twilight zone where nothing ever really changes

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By The_Warlord

Wow, I've seen a lot of good comments on both sides. But in my opinion, they both rock

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RLAAMJR
@Love said:
" Wow, I've seen a lot of good comments on both sides. But in my opinion, they both rock "
Maybe you can say something about each one of them?
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Warlord
@RLAAMJR:  Well, evrything that can be said, has been said. This thread has  covered almost everything that can be said about both characters.
RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RLAAMJR

i added an image showing Storm and Wonder Woman on the first post.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#77  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Dude, why bump this? These threads drive the non-Storm fanboys insane.

Avatar image for valendianknight
ValendianKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ValendianKnight

Meh, Storm is okay. She can't compare to WW, like many have already pointed out. WW is just far more iconic and important of a character, not to mention a lot more powerful.

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By RLAAMJR
@ValendianKnight said:
" Meh, Storm is okay. She can't compare to WW, like many have already pointed out. WW is just far more iconic and important of a character, not to mention a lot more powerful. "
I'm not really gonna  agree with that, based on what I have seen.
maxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By maxima
@RLAAMJR:
diana is stronger thaan kara as she second only to superman as far as heroes go.
maxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By maxima
@HurricanePanther:
you know nothing about diana obviously
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#82  Edited By Mercy_
@maxima
@RLAAMJR:
diana is stronger thaan kara as she second only to superman as far as heroes go.
Don't bother.
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By rogue_mar1e

No Caption Provided
maxima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By maxima
@Paireon:
lol diana isnt stronger than storm and the other guy( pantherwind or something) claims storm has super speed and can bench 100,000 tons lol . your being optimistic if you think storm comes close to being on par or ( god forbid ) higher than diana in anything. storm much like thor  is over rated( maybe its a lightning thing). diana was doing her thing well before storm was dredged up both in the comics and outside of it. none of the woman you mentioned from dc come close to dianas status( supergirl included). wonder woman represents equality period!!! and the notion that women are just as useful as men. storm is just a female charecter.

thats magical lightning btw. in a fight wonder woman ( imo ) would crush thor , hulk, binary. storm cant even fight those guys without being killed with one blow

case closed now stop putting storm against unwinnable odds. diana is a icon and storm is a charecter from a rival company
queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By queenfrost_

Putting all powers aside, at the end of the day, Diana is a better fighter

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By jhazzroucher

I think they DC and Marvel should have a crossover between the two, helping each other out. : )

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By oraclefyre

Is no thread safe?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#88  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Didn't Wonder Woman have her one dsuper popular tv show for years. Not to mention her super friends appearences. Any WW will always be the better character and icon in my eyes. But that's just personal opinion.

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheThe

Marvel doesnt have any female character which can compete with WW in term of iconic status and pop culture. Even in their male characters, Batman and Superman are wayyyyyyy ahead of Spiderman. Marvel just doesnt have the "iconic" factor.

Apart from that, Storm stories are more interesting to me than WW's.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@FadeToBlackBolt:  

I'm almost speechless as to how wrong this entire post was. 
 DC Comics is more emotionally shallow than Marvel? Wrong.  
 On their powers, Diana kills her.  

Diana is a symbol of neo-feminism and was created to be a hero who endorsed love over violence. She has inspired countless females all over the world, and educated the ignorant on women's rights.  
Storm is a standout character as she is arguably the premier African-American character in comic books, which is great, but she's nowhere near the feminist icon that WW is.  

That vote was entirely ridiculous. The X-Men were at the height of their popularity, you honestly don't think that helps to tip the scales? Lobo lost to Wolverine ffs. The people who voted were clearly morons.  

Want to know why Storm doesn't have a solo series? Because no one cares. The fanboys do. But that's like 80 people. Wonder Woman is a shining example of heroism, not that Storm isn't, just that Diana is flat out better

I didn't know it was possible to fit so much win into one post..  
DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DocFatalis

Before I joined this board, I didn't even know there were Storm fans. There is something I don't understand there. Were there any story with Storm as lead character that I missed? I mean, the character has always been poorly written and most of the time she is only depicted as some insufferable lesson giver, so what's the all fuss about this character? I really don't get it.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#92  Edited By Blood1991

@DocFatalis: I'm sorry, but how long have you been reading comics? If you have read any X-book from the 70's-early 2000's then you would know she has been a huge influence on the X-Men franchise, and to a lesser extent Marvels history. She is one of if not the most notable female leader in comics having lead the X-Men and various X teams since the 80's, is the second most frequently used X-Man "next to Wolverine", and has had more miniseries then any other X-Man as far as I know. She hasn't been used as frequently as an X-Man since her mrriage to the Black Panther, but has slowly been getting more panel time and has been given her own version of X-Men Legacy.

While I can't make you care for the character, her fan base has as much a right as any to talk about a character they enjoy. "Though some of them should seriously tone it down"

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DocFatalis

@Blood1991 said:

@DocFatalis: I'm sorry, but how long have you been reading comics? If you have read any X-book from the 70's-early 2000's then you would know she has been a huge influence on the X-Men franchise, and to a lesser extent Marvels history. She is one of if not the most notable female leader in comics having lead the X-Men and various X teams since the 80's, is the second most frequently used X-Man "next to Wolverine", and has had more miniseries then any other X-Man as far as I know. She hasn't been used as frequently as an X-Man since her mrriage to the Black Panther, but has slowly been getting more panel time and has been given her own version of X-Men Legacy.

While I can't make you care for the character, her fan base has as much a right as any to talk about a character they enjoy. "Though some of them should seriously tone it down"

I've started reading comics in 1977 and can't remember this character being even remotely interesting since then. They changed her haircut sometimes.

I could not quote one line, one epic battle or even one humorous situation involving her even if I wanted to.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Onemoreposter

Wonder Woman is the bigger icon. She sells more merchandise.

You (the OP) aren't comparing Storm and Wonder Woman because they're so similar. You're comparing Storm to Wonder Woman because she's your favorite character and you think she deserves the same sort of status as Wonder Woman...but she doesn't.

Don't get me wrong. Ororo's cool. I dig her. She's no Wonder Woman though.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By tim2081

@TheThe said:

Marvel doesnt have any female character which can compete with WW in term of iconic status and pop culture. Even in their male characters, Batman and Superman are wayyyyyyy ahead of Spiderman. Marvel just doesnt have the "iconic" factor.

Apart from that, Storm stories are more interesting to me than WW's.

Batman and Superman are definitely not way ahead of Spider-Man. Everyone knows those 3. Hulk and Captain America are also up there. Mention those names to non-comic fans and they will identify them as superheroes and know 1 or 2 things about them. Wonder Woman falls into that same category. No other female hero (Marvel, DC, or otherwise) is that recognizable (not including clones or spinoffs).

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By golvellius

The main difference between this characters is that Wonder Woman has an Ideal and a fight wich is her own. Meanwhile Storm's fight has allways been the X-Men's fight, or the mutant's fight. Indeed a lot of people talk about Storm's depht of character...but if you really look at her objectively...she is quite shallow. Wonder Woman has circumstances and experiences wich are exclusive to her and no other character. Plus any daughter of Zeus should be imune to thunder, lightning and wind.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Blood1991

@DocFatalis said:

@Blood1991 said:

I've started reading comics in 1977 and can't remember this character being even remotely interesting since then. They changed her haircut sometimes.

I could not quote one line, one epic battle or even one humorous situation involving her even if I wanted to.

Thats fine if you feel that way, but alot of people do not think the same. Lol to say she has done nothing notable in 45 years is a little harsh though.

as for my acctual opinion on this topic. the OP of this thread made a PIS poor arguement for the two characters similarities though really beside being strong willed and leaders I can't think of all that many. I will always prefer Ororo over Diana as a character though I love both, but she is No Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman Is the most iconic Super heroine in the history of comics, has held her own solo through comics ups and downs where Storm "though argueably Marvels most prominent female character" has never held that level of popularity.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#98  Edited By Primmaster64
@rogue_mar1e said:
ffs, there is no comparison to be made . 
Wonder Woman FTW .

No Caption Provided
DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DocFatalis

@Blood1991: Hey pleaaaase, 35, come on man, I'm already old enough as it is. And for the record, I totally agree with what you wrote. Wish you a nice Sunday.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Blood1991

@DocFatalis: You too.