• 101 results
#1 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

These two ladies have been compared a lot of times. From powers to popularity and even an amalgamation for the two of them.   Let's compare.

We start it with a battle between these two super heroines just for fun.",)

Who is more powerful? We all know that most DC Comics characters are capable of destroying the whole earth individually. DC Comics is like watching Dragon Ball Z, focusing more on action while Uncanny X-Men is like Naruto, more on relationship among themselves

Who is more popular?

Storm wasn't created to be Marvel Comics  most popular superheroine in the first place. So was the Uncanny X-Men. Fact is, there are a lot of ladies to choose from the Uncanny X-Men yet Storm still outshines each one of them, even if the great story: The Phoenix Saga was focusing on Jean Grey. And despite of the existence of Thor, a powerful god being given more attention by Marvel, Storm's character still continues to reach out people's hearts.

How about Wonder Woman? DC created her to be DC Comics most popular superheroine. DC has given her her own solo comics to continue to shine. She and Hawkgirl we're the only ladies in the popular cartoon series: Justice League of America. If Supergirl was there, would it make a difference?

The two beautiful ladies have been so popular that Marvel and DC decided to give fans a one on one battle between their most popular characters. The winner of the battle was based on fan votes. Storm versus Wonder Woman: Storm won.

So who is the greater character? It's your turn now. 

#2 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

The amalgamation

Amazon

Amazon

Earth-9602 Amalgam
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost speechless as to how wrong this entire post was.
 DC Comics is more emotionally shallow than Marvel? Wrong. 
 On their powers, Diana kills her. 

Diana is a symbol of neo-feminism and was created to be a hero who endorsed love over violence. She has inspired countless females all over the world, and educated the ignorant on women's rights. 
Storm is a standout character as she is arguably the premier African-American character in comic books, which is great, but she's nowhere near the feminist icon that WW is. 

That vote was entirely ridiculous. The X-Men were at the height of their popularity, you honestly don't think that helps to tip the scales? Lobo lost to Wolverine ffs. The people who voted were clearly morons. 

Want to know why Storm doesn't have a solo series? Because no one cares. The fanboys do. But that's like 80 people. Wonder Woman is a shining example of heroism, not that Storm isn't, just that Diana is flat out better. 

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" I'm almost speechless as to how wrong this entire post was.  "
Love you. xP
#5 Posted by tensor (4085 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  well said
#6 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" I'm almost speechless as to how wrong this entire post was.  DC Comics is more emotionally shallow than Marvel? Wrong.   On their powers, Diana kills her.   Diana is a symbol of neo-feminism and was created to be a hero who endorsed love over violence. She has inspired countless females all over the world, and educated the ignorant on women's rights.  Storm is a standout character as she is arguably the premier African-American character in comic books, which is great, but she's nowhere near the feminist icon that WW is.   That vote was entirely ridiculous. The X-Men were at the height of their popularity, you honestly don't think that helps to tip the scales? Lobo lost to Wolverine ffs. The people who voted were clearly morons.   Want to know why Storm doesn't have a solo series? Because no one cares. The fanboys do. But that's like 80 people. Wonder Woman is a shining example of heroism, not that Storm isn't, just that Diana is flat out better.  "

I may have said something wrong but it is my personal opinion. I disagree when you said that everything that i have said is wrong.
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR: I'll admit, I was harsh on Storm, but that's because you clearly (no offence) had no idea what you were talking about at times. DBZ = DC, etc...
#8 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Touche. I approve. 

As Fade already said, Wonder Woman wins, and in my opinion at least, she is the better character/hero.
#9 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @RLAAMJR: I'll admit, I was harsh on Storm, but that's because you clearly (no offence) had no idea what you were talking about at times. DBZ = DC, etc... "
ok. I'll make a little edit on it.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR: I apologise for my bluntness.
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @RLAAMJR: I apologise for my bluntness. "
Don't.
#12 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @RLAAMJR: I apologise for my bluntness. "
it's ok.",) I have read your statement slowly the second time. And I'll not edit my article cos future readers would be wondering what you're talking about.
#13 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana is a better character in my opinion but she is one of my favorite characters.

#14 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Which JLA  cartoon are you talking about? If you are talking about the recent one, Hawkgirl was there too. If you are talking about Superfriends ok. I prefer WW.

#15 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" Which JLA  cartoon are you talking about? If you are talking about the recent one, Hawkgirl was there too. If you are talking about Superfriends ok. I prefer WW. "

Oopps. yeah. i forgot. Hawkgirl was there too. My mistake.",) I would like to edit something
#16 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio

OH wow i never ww had so many fans obviously the person that started this topic shouldn't have pit storm against ww yes they are both 2 very powerful females but many people obviously THINK ww is better well she isn't, wanna know why? mostly because storm has made her name throughout the history of marvel comics and the only reason she dont have her own solo series is because she's married to the fucking BP i hope you ww lovers would ever stop and think about he possibilities if she wasn't married to him? yeah yeah yeah qq may have inspired a lot of women with her so called "neo-feminism" but so has storm and on powers storm would own her seeing as how the writers dont want her to reach her "omega" potential might not happen so soon but IMO storm is better NO DOUBT.

#17 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther said:

" OH wow i never ww had so many fans obviously the person that started this topic shouldn't have pit storm against ww yes they are both 2 very powerful females but many people obviously THINK ww is better well she isn't, wanna know why? mostly because storm has made her name throughout the history of marvel comics and the only reason she dont have her own solo series is because she's married to the fucking BP i hope you ww lovers would ever stop and think about he possibilities if she wasn't married to him? yeah yeah yeah qq may have inspired a lot of women with her so called "neo-feminism" but so has storm and on powers storm would own her seeing as how the writers dont want her to reach her "omega" potential might not happen so soon but IMO storm is better NO DOUBT. "

That's the best part of your essay.

1.But you see, i was just thinking that if there were also a lot of women in dc, women who are more powerful than her, fighting along with the rest of the league,

2. If Wonder Woman was really stated to be clearly weaker than Superman, just like how others say that Storm is  weaker than Thor

3 If Supergirl is stronger and more invulnerable than Wonder Woman, just like Ms marvel compared to Storm,

would Wonder Woman still be as popular as she is now? 
#18 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both of them.

#19 Edited by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

ffs, there is no comparison to be made . 
Wonder Woman FTW .

#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

First, there is very little in common between the two. They have entirely different backstories, abilities, representations, characteristics, ideals, motivations, relationships, etc. Second, Wonder Woman is better, in my humble opinion.

#21 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is better, how she lost against Storm in the first place boggles my mind.  Storm's a good character, decent background, powerful, but Wonder Woman is just better.  She can hold her own against Superman.

#22 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@RLAAMJR: Well the question isn't really difficult because we actually aren't talking about wander woman and storm we are talking about Ororo and Diana i like Ororo because of her personality and that shes like a really powerful BLACK lady and the same goes for Diana her fans and supporters obviously adore her because of who SHE is not what but yeah she would still have the same amount of fans with or without her being strong OP'ed or w.e same as storm :D
#23 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio

:)

#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would own Storm. WW is also virtually invulnerable, being able to withstand the heat of lava and an explosion from a thermonuclear warhead unharmed. However, she has a weaknesses to piercing weapons. She has been shown to be vulnerable to bladed weapons, such as swords and spears, and projectiles such as arrows and bullets. 

Since Storm doesnt use any peircing weapons she really has nothing that can hurt WW.
#25 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy she's invulnerable but she is vulnerable to piercing weapons? i hope you know storm probably does have her array of secret weapons and sorry but storm would OWN ww shes a lot more stronger more fiercer and she doesn't need her powers to kick butt, im pretty sure ww does
#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8768 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: well said
#27 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther: .... Are you retarded, or just looking for troll bait?

Just a point. WW is stronger, and can lift hundreds of thousands of tons. Can move at FLT, and is way more durable than Storm. A single punch, and Wonder Woman kills Storm. Wonder Woman is the better fighter. Storm's best bet is lightning, but WW can control lightning with her bands, and she can move faster than lightning. All reasons why Wonder Woman slaughters Storm.
#28 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh? well this is "just" a point WW can lift hundreds of thousands of tons so can STORM, i think you was being a little bit to optimistic when you said that a single punch and storm would be out? that is one of the biggest understatements i ever heard havent you seen storms famous fight with Callisto? or when she had to fight the shadow king? TWICE? I'm so sorry to burst you bubble but NO WW isn't the better fighter storm is its the reason why storm is known for her excellent h2h skills, storms best bet IS NOT her lightning because she doesnt need her powers to fight like i mentioned before and storm controls almost all the elements of nature she can control weather on a planetary scale, create immensely powerful hydrogen bombs create pressure fields stronger than of Jupiter's summon lightning in any situation (i think) and could flash freeze your precious little WW in a second oh and btw storm can travel as fast as the speed of lightning
  (dont question i have seen her do it before) and i am not a retard and i am not looking for "troll" bait W.E that is i am just backing up my favorite comic book character.

#29 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no comparison.

#30 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther said:
"Oh? well this is "just" a point WW can lift hundreds of thousands of tons so can STORM, i think you was being a little bit to optimistic when you said that a single punch and storm would be out? that is one of the biggest understatements i ever heard havent you seen storms famous fight with Callisto? or when she had to fight the shadow king? TWICE? I'm so sorry to burst you bubble but NO WW isn't the better fighter storm is its the reason why storm is known for her excellent h2h skills, storms best bet IS NOT her lightning because she doesnt need her powers to fight like i mentioned before and storm controls almost all the elements of nature she can control weather on a planetary scale, create immensely powerful hydrogen bombs create pressure fields stronger than of Jupiter's summon lightning in any situation (i think) and could flash freeze your precious little WW in a second oh and btw storm can travel as fast as the speed of lightning   (dont question i have seen her do it before) and i am not a retard and i am not looking for "troll" bait W.E that is i am just backing up my favorite comic book character."

WOW!!! you should just be banned from this thread with as much non-sense as your throwing out there. Your telling me that Storm could and would create a hydrogen bomb out of thin air and kill WW (which by the way WW could probably withstand) And WW is known for her warrior background. Since when can Storm create a gravitional pull? and WW has with stood worse than Jupiters gravity. and as BACKFLIP stated, wonder woman flies faster then Light and/or lightening. 

@HurricanePanther said:
" @DEGRAAF: Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy she's invulnerable but she is vulnerable to piercing weapons? i hope you know storm probably does have her array of secret weapons and sorry but storm would OWN ww shes a lot more stronger more fiercer and she doesn't need her powers to kick butt, im pretty sure ww does"

obviously your a Storm fanboy. Since you know her so well, show atleast 2 pics of her using some kind of peircing weapon. She never uses weapons. Also, Storm is not "more stronger and more fiercer". Storm needs her powers more then WW does. If you took both of their powers away, WW would still have the knowledge and training of a leading warrior. Her civilization is brought up from youth to be fighters. WW is willing to kill in a fight. 

In no way can storm lift over 100,000 tons. You must be insane.
#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther:
according to her page, it states she can only fly as fast as the wind can carry her which is slower than the sound barrier and that jets can catch her.  It says she has travelled via lightening but not often.
#32 Posted by Norusdog (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: troll bait obviously...you can't even try to read his posts..it's so ran together with gibberish.  It's like english is a second language...it's hard to even make sense of some of what his gibberish is saying.
#33 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: well for the piercing part

#34 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

She has a knife... Great. Wonder Woman is a bullet dodger. Oh, and I've never seen such  BS in one post. Seriously. Storm can move as fast as the winds can carry her, which is at one of her best feats... Mach 1 or so. Storm possesses absolutely no super strength, so she can't lift even a single ton. Callisto... Are you serious? Wonder Woman has fought Darkseid, Superman, Doomsday, Ares ect, ect. All beings that could kill Callisto with a swipe of their hands. Oh, finally. Wonder Woman is thousands of years old and has been stated multiple times as the BEST fighter in the DC universe.

#35 Posted by Wyldsong (5320 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther said:
"Oh? well this is "just" a point WW can lift hundreds of thousands of tons so can STORM, i think you was being a little bit to optimistic when you said that a single punch and storm would be out? that is one of the biggest understatements i ever heard havent you seen storms famous fight with Callisto? or when she had to fight the shadow king? TWICE? I'm so sorry to burst you bubble but NO WW isn't the better fighter storm is its the reason why storm is known for her excellent h2h skills, storms best bet IS NOT her lightning because she doesnt need her powers to fight like i mentioned before and storm controls almost all the elements of nature she can control weather on a planetary scale, create immensely powerful hydrogen bombs create pressure fields stronger than of Jupiter's summon lightning in any situation (i think) and could flash freeze your precious little WW in a second oh and btw storm can travel as fast as the speed of lightning   (dont question i have seen her do it before) and i am not a retard and i am not looking for "troll" bait W.E that is i am just backing up my favorite comic book character."

Out of curiousity and not to get involved in the melee:  But since when could Storm lift hundreds of thousands of tons? Did she gain super strength, or are you talking about something she has done with her powers, and if so, how and what did she lift?
#36 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wyldsong: She never has. Hurricane Panther is an obvious fanboy/troll.
#37 Posted by Wyldsong (5320 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip said:
" @Wyldsong: She never has. Hurricane Panther is an obvious fanboy/troll. "

Okay, thanks, just looking for clarification to what I thought was a puzzling comment.
#38 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Well here's one voice of TRUE reason :)
#39 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wyldsong:  Ok i may have exaggerated a little bit but to answer your questions......
#40 Posted by Wyldsong (5320 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther said:
" @Wyldsong:  Ok i may have exaggerated a little bit but to answer your questions......

"

Again, thanks for the clarification.  Not trying to get involved, just wanted the intel=)
#41 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wyldsong: NP happy to help.
#42 Posted by HurricanePanther (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@norusdog: Oh? well then it was obviously a waste of your time to state the hilarious post you have just seen am i right?
#43 Posted by Norusdog (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@HurricanePanther said:
" @norusdog: Oh? well then it was obviously a waste of your time to state the hilarious post you have just seen am i right? "
see...this doesn't even make sense.

And WW would cream Storm.  Best Storm could do to WW is toss her about...but one super-speed flying punch to the face..and Storm is dead.

end of discussion
#44 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@norusdog said:

" @HurricanePanther said:

" @norusdog: Oh? well then it was obviously a waste of your time to state the hilarious post you have just seen am i right? "
see...this doesn't even make sense.  And WW would cream Storm.  Best Storm could do to WW is toss her about...but one super-speed flying punch to the face..and Storm is dead.  end of discussion "
Don't even try, mate. Clearly HurricanePanther is a cracked out supertroll.
#45 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Walker said:
" Wonder Woman is better, how she lost against Storm in the first place boggles my mind.  Storm's a good character, decent background, powerful, but Wonder Woman is just better.  She can hold her own against Superman. "
 So that makes her better because she can hold her own against Superman? 

I agree that was kinda off how she beat Dian so easily still, who is to say that just because she can duke it out with Supes that makes her the better woman.Supes is probably and arguably the most iconic Superhero,still there are others who treat him as any other characters.
#46 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

WW is a boss. Period. Wait does she even get periods considering she is superhuman? (joke)

#47 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe I'm going to say this :) 
.....(to fan the flames even lol)
I like WW more :P
she's more iconic

#48 Edited by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
For all of those out there who is bashing Storm,get a life and stop down playing the character.I know Storm's history here doesn't exactly play out well because of her fanboys,and i know her character has a lot of spite.I'm almost 100% percent sure that this is the intent behind people just flat out stating that WW is better  because they just don't give Sh!t about Storm..true  

but if  you actually think about it background wise they have things in common. they both come from royal blood,both have a regalness appeal, yet wise and feminine charm about there personality.both or somehow associated Goddesses,but aren't actual goddesses.Storm is probably known as marvels leading female because of her character iconicness.I feel that Ororo has risen above other MU females in character iconicness.

I mean out of all the Marvel women Storm is the easiest distinguished by her crystal blue eyes and snow white hair..lol and arm capes,she has an iconic look,and for a drawing she is like a timeless beauty..lol very unique.i Mean even in the marvel vs DC comic the creative teams from both companies, who produced the crossover decided that it was appropriate for them to be paired off not just on power but personality,popularity and iconicness.despite that crossover being fan voted,the creators had to decide who was a good match for who,and outta all the other MU girls,including; She-Hulk,IW,Ms.Marvel etc.. they chose Storm. 

and for all the people saying WW is more powerful than Storm,that's not true either.they are equally powerful,they just have different aspects on the power grid. They have two completely different power sets so it's kinda hard to compare,while WW is a tank and a brute,Storm deals with more advanced powers.she is an energy manipulator.  
Just because Diana can take a punch from Supes does not  necessarily mean that she is stronger,just more durable.Storm lacks durability,that doesn't make her any less.it just wasn't written into her power-set,but believe me  Storm is plenty powerful without it.Matter of fact durability is hardly ever a downfall or a problem for her.all the idiots above and a few pages back that are spewing out irrelevant stuff , talking about Diana stomps,but you guys fail to realize that this isn't a battle thread.so chill out..jeez

Back to the subject 

Another thing if you think about who has the most relevance in outer media exposure other than just the comic universe ,Storm has it. 

OUT of all other Marvel women she has taken part in just about; 
Every major Marvel crossover 
Video game 
Animated Series 
cameos 
movies 

then there is the fact that she is the first African-American female comic book character with a historical significance,one of the first major BLACK comic book characters.So for her specific universe Storm does it for me,i would definitely says she is Marvel's most iconic and popular too,and that's in all spectrum's of public media.

but marvel most recognizable females are a toss up amongst.

Storm

Jean

Ms.Marvel

Shulkie 

#49 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:
im not sure about everyone else but im not trying to say Storm sucks or is crap or any thing. Im just sayin in a one on one fight, Wonder woman would win
#50 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:  Oh srry for the misunderstanding..lol 

i just think a lot people on these board are biased against Storm.