Storm and Thor not so outmatched?

Psi21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Psi21

So this may sound crazy but I know Thor is hell of a god. His powers trump Storm's but my question is are the so outmatched? Someone brought up to me Storm never goes outside the natural order to prevent any unpredictable backlash or consequences to earth; Thor however has no regard for the natural order and does as he pleases. If Storm were to break from her mental constraints of her empathy to the ecosystem could she become more powerful? If that makes any sense.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Yes, they are indeed that outmatched.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz

@Psi21 said:

So this may sound crazy but I know Thor is hell of a god. His powers trump Storm's but my question is are the so outmatched? Someone brought up to me Storm never goes outside the natural order to prevent any unpredictable backlash or consequences to earth; Thor however has no regard for the natural order and does as he pleases. If Storm were to break from her mental constraints of her empathy to the ecosystem could she become more powerful? If that makes any sense.

its not that she does not rather she cannot. Her powers are still limited by nature while Thor's are magical and he can create any type of weather condition in any area.

Psi21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Psi21

She created unnatural weather in World's Apart and in a few other instances. I think she is vet capable just chooses not to like she said in World's Apart.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

Yes yes they are.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

The issue is that Thor doesn't manipulate weather he more or less creates it. Storm has a difficult time manipulating weather when it is under mystical manipulation or is created unnaturally add that to him being much much Stronger, faster and more durable and yes she is incredibly outmatched. In a fight all she could really do is try to use debris to hurl at him and that isn't going to do much.

@Psi21 said:

She created unnatural weather in World's Apart and in a few other instances. I think she is vet capable just chooses not to like she said in World's Apart.

True, but most weather phenomena are not going to hurt Thor.

I absolutely love Storm, but this isn't a fight she could ever win by natural means.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Psi21 said:

if she has access to galactic core then Storm definitely has a chance to win

Psi21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Psi21

This isn't a battle it's from what I observe. Storm has some impressive feats. Her connection to her environment is, in my opion,most formidable. She understand's how that words and she does set restrain on herself when using her powers. Thor is highly impressive but I do think storm could get to near his level. Thor's weather is mystical ad magical in nature, storm had some magical abilities she needs to tune into. Couldn't she boost her weather with that?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@Psi21 said:

This isn't a battle it's from what I observe. Storm has some impressive feats. Her connection to her environment is, in my opion,most formidable. She understand's how that words and she does set restrain on herself when using her powers. Thor is highly impressive but I do think storm could get to near his level. Thor's weather is mystical ad magical in nature, storm had some magical abilities she needs to tune into. Couldn't she boost her weather with that?

Her mysticism has never been fully explored so it is possible, at her best I think she could cause intense damage on the planet by destroying the natural balance, but in a fight with Thor that wouldn't be very helpful though it would certainly be a problem for the planet and its inhabitants, but while she has shown to be able to go beyond the limitations of natural weather she doesn't do this because of the effect it has on the planet. So it is hard to say if Marvel explored the potential of her powers over using her as Lightning Lass we could come up with a better answer for that, but as of now I can't say if she could do these things or not.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Pyrogram

Thor created a whirlwind across the earth, stomp cant do that. ever. He also created a whirlwing hundreds of miles away from earth and it was so big earth felt it.