#1 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously! A lot of people know that there's a big spoiler issue coming out tomorrow but then again there's a lot of people who tried their best to avoid the news and don't know about what happens yet. This goes for everything else as well. When an issue hasn't came out yet or just came out that day then it's pretty d!ckish to post spoiler threads when not everyone has had a chance to read the issue yet. Wait a day or two so you're not ruining things for others

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think it's a spoiler thread then simply don't read it! They will be posted by someone , this is comicvine!

#3 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

This, so much. Have a little bit of courtesy, come on.

#4 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

If you think it's a spoiler thread then simply don't read it! They will be posted by someone , this is comicvine!

It's difficult to ignore something that's staring you in the face. Even if you don't click the link, a thread title like "Who else is pissed about x" is something that I'd hate if I haven't read the story it's referring to (and planned to).

#5 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: when the title of a thread is a spoiler itself then it takes away the option to read or not read....it would be simple enough to make the thread title something like "So and So issue 57 spoilers"...then everyone knows that the thread will have spoilers to issue 57 of So and So and then they can avoid it....I'm not going around threads and dictating what people are doing and what they're not....I just think that it's rude for people to potentially spoil something for others....I don't want to know the ending to a movie before I see the beginning of it and I'm sure that there are people out there that feel the same way

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74: when the title of a thread is a spoiler itself then it takes away the option to read or not read....it would be simple enough to make the thread title something like "So and So issue 57 spoilers"...then everyone knows that the thread will have spoilers to issue 57 of So and So and then they can avoid it....I'm not going around threads and dictating what people are doing and what they're not....I just think that it's rude for people to potentially spoil something for others....I don't want to know the ending to a movie before I see the beginning of it and I'm sure that there are people out there that feel the same way

You popped up in my thread telling me something is spoilerish. Then you pop up in another persons thread,which was a spoiler thread, telling him what he should do. It's rude trying to tell people what they should or should not do. In life, when you see a problem ahead, you try to avoid if possible. If people don't wanna know about spoilers, they can simply ignore them. It optional and by choice, not something you nor I should judge. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone, this is comicvine a hub for information in comics and other things.

#7 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The cover of the damn issue itself pretty much gives it away. Not sure how you'd read it without at least catching a glimpse of it...

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6587 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree

#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If you think it's a spoiler thread then simply don't read it! They will be posted by someone , this is comicvine!

It's difficult to ignore something that's staring you in the face. Even if you don't click the link, a thread title like "Who else is pissed about x" is something that I'd hate if I haven't read the story it's referring to (and planned to).

Yeah it's difficult, and yet it's still a choice at the end of the day. Did you bother going in the presents before Christmas as a kid, do you do it now? I'm sure you don't, you stick it out and wait til Christmas to open the presents that you have been staring at for whatever period of time. Me, I went in the gifts a time or two, lol, but that only spoiled the mystique of what was wrapped up. In the end I had to wait 365 days for those moments again.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74: when the title of a thread is a spoiler itself then it takes away the option to read or not read....it would be simple enough to make the thread title something like "So and So issue 57 spoilers"...then everyone knows that the thread will have spoilers to issue 57 of So and So and then they can avoid it....I'm not going around threads and dictating what people are doing and what they're not....I just think that it's rude for people to potentially spoil something for others....I don't want to know the ending to a movie before I see the beginning of it and I'm sure that there are people out there that feel the same way

You popped up in my thread telling me something is spoilerish. Then you pop up in another persons thread,which was a spoiler thread, telling him what he should do. It's rude trying to tell people what they should or should not do. In life, when you see a problem ahead, you try to avoid if possible. If people don't wanna know about spoilers, they can simply ignore them. It optional and by choice, not something you nor I should judge. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone, this is comicvine a hub for information in comics and other things.

so you're saying that we should just embrace the spoiler? how would you feel if every tuesday someone posted a thread titled with what happened in every book that you read? would it upset you? this being comic vine and being a hub of information on comics doesn't mean that it's ok to ruin a book for other people before they get a chance to read the book

and I said it before and I'll say it again...when the name of the thread is a spoiler then there is no option for me or others to avoid it...the information is just thrown right in our faces and we have no choice over the matter

whether you like it or not your thread was a spoiler and you can deny it all you want but that doesn't make it any less true

#11 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@danhimself: The cover of the damn issue itself pretty much gives it away. Not sure how you'd read it without at least catching a glimpse of it...

does Batman die in that book?

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If you think it's a spoiler thread then simply don't read it! They will be posted by someone , this is comicvine!

It's difficult to ignore something that's staring you in the face. Even if you don't click the link, a thread title like "Who else is pissed about x" is something that I'd hate if I haven't read the story it's referring to (and planned to).

Yeah it's difficult, and yet it's still a choice at the end of the day. Did you bother going in the presents before Christmas as a kid, do you do it now? I'm sure you don't, you stick it out and wait til Christmas to open the presents that you have been staring at for whatever period of time. Me, I went in the gifts a time or two, lol, but that only spoiled the mystique of what was wrapped up. In the end I had to wait 365 days for those moments again.

It's a choice to click the link, but it's not a choice to look at the thread title if it's on your feed. The mid-credit scene for the Avengers was spoiled for me in the same way. I wasn't even looking for it, and then the thread title "THANOS IS IN THE AVENGERS!" pops up on my feed. No warning, it just happened.

#13 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Did you try to find out who Superior Spidey was? I was so upset that it wasn't gonna be Pete according to the media it almost drove me mad. I tried to hold out, everywhere I looked they discussed it. Finally I was on the web oneday and caught wind of a leak of who was gonna be SS. I tried to resist temptation, but I caved in, and saw the leaked pages on the net. That was my choice and my fault for not displaying my inner Hal Jordan. I learned from it. Is it right to spoil something for everyone , no way. Is it right to condemn threads that have spoiler warnings, no way. I6t's also not fair to criticize threads for what they do, everone is entitled to their own opinions as are you. When you see a real problem,take it up with the moderators, let them handle whatever. We are all supposed to be able and come here and have fun daily, not this nit picking crap. This is what I'm saying.

#14 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@danhimself: Did you try to find out who Superior Spidey was? I was so upset that it wasn't gonna be Pete according to the media it almost drove me mad. I tried to hold out, everywhere I looked they discussed it. Finally I was on the web oneday and caught wind of a leak of who was gonna be SS. I tried to resist temptation, but I caved in, and saw the leaked pages on the net. That was my choice and my fault for not displaying my inner Hal Jordan. I learned from it. Is it right to spoil something for everyone , no way. Is it right to condemn threads that have spoiler warnings, no way. I6t's also not fair to criticize threads for what they do, everone is entitled to their own opinions as are you. When you see a real problem,take it up with the moderators, let them handle whatever. We are all supposed to be able and come here and have fun daily, not this nit picking crap. This is what I'm saying.

honestly no....Superior Spider-man was spoiled for me because of a thread name....that's what I'm saying....I don't care what the content of your thread is...it's the name I'm talking about and so is everyone else....when a thread name has the spoiler in it then it is fair to criticize in that thread...the person who made the thread should know that they've done something wrong...I completely agree that we're all supposed to be able to come here and have fun and discuss comics...for some of us this site is the only place we have to do so....but it's not fun to have an issue of a book that you're looking forward to reading spoiled for you against your will....I'm one of those people who will flag a post and tell you why I flagged it...so yes I will take it up with moderators when something on the site happens that I feel is wrong but I'm also not going to hide behind a mod

#15 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/damian-wayne-scans-dedication/753424/#6 - Somebody tell me if this is a spoiler thread. Secondly how many dedication thread are there here for comic characters and what have you? Seriously, I have a Iceman Dedication as well as the New Hyperion dedication thread, does that mean something is going on with them? I just want someone to tell me!

you don't have a "dedication" thread for either of those characters....at least not in the right forum

#17 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@JakeN7 said:

@danhimself: The cover of the damn issue itself pretty much gives it away. Not sure how you'd read it without at least catching a glimpse of it...

does Batman die in that book?

No, but that's because they saved that for Final Crisis (which was a dumb move that no one appreciated.) Final Crisis was a company wide, universe-shattering event. There is no such event planned. Not to mention all of the clues, hints, and speculation that have been going on for the past month. You obviously already know what's gonna happen (just like everybody else), you just don't know how, why, or in what context the event takes place (again, just like everybody else.) So why are you still complaining?

#18 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/damian-wayne-scans-dedication/753424/#6 - Somebody tell me if this is a spoiler thread. Secondly how many dedication thread are there here for comic characters and what have you? Seriously, I have a Iceman Dedication as well as the New Hyperion dedication thread, does that mean something is going on with them? I just want someone to tell me!

you don't have a "dedication" thread for either of those characters....at least not in the right forum

Probably not in the right Forum but-

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/iceman-scans-and-feats-dedication-thread/750705/ http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/anyone-have-scans-of-the-new-hyperion/747842/ http://www.comicvine.com/hyperion/29-6911/did-the-new-hyperion-give-it-to-the-hulk/92-736983/ Well sort of!

#19 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@danhimself said:

@JakeN7 said:

@danhimself: The cover of the damn issue itself pretty much gives it away. Not sure how you'd read it without at least catching a glimpse of it...

does Batman die in that book?

No, but that's because they saved that for Final Crisis (which was a dumb move that no one appreciated.) Final Crisis was a company wide, universe-shattering event. There is no such event planned. Not to mention all of the clues, hints, and speculation that have been going on for the past month. You obviously already know what's gonna happen (just like everybody else), you just don't know how, why, or in what context the event takes place (again, just like everybody else.) So why are you still complaining?

so you agree that just because a cover shows something doesn't mean that it's going to happen inside the book.....I'm complaining because it's getting old...I could understand that maybe a new member would do these types of threads from time to time but when the person doing it has thousands of posts then they should have been here long enough to know that doing these things isn't cool....I'm tired of having books spoiled just because someone wants to be "first" and post a thread before anyone else can or because someone can't put enough energy out to use the search function....there's a news article dedicated to the issue where the staff member was decent enough to say in the title that there were spoilers inside and yet people are still making spoiler threads about it and they don't have the decency not to spoil in the title of the thread

#20 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

so you agree that just because a cover shows something doesn't mean that it's going to happen inside the book.....I'm complaining because it's getting old...I could understand that maybe a new member would do these types of threads from time to time but when the person doing it has thousands of posts then they should have been here long enough to know that doing these things isn't cool....I'm tired of having books spoiled just because someone wants to be "first" and post a thread before anyone else can or because someone can't put enough energy out to use the search function....there's a news article dedicated to the issue where the staff member was decent enough to say in the title that there were spoilers inside and yet people are still making spoiler threads about it and they don't have the decency not to spoil in the title of the thread

So you're just referring to the title of the thread? Oh. Well then I agree. People should be allowed to peruse the forums without having anything spoiled. But I haven't really seen any such thread in which the title spoils tomorrow's events.

Like my thread for example (which I think is acceptable, you can be the judge.) I titled it: How will Bruce remain sane? (Batman Inc. #8 Spoilers)

#21 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

@danhimself said:

so you agree that just because a cover shows something doesn't mean that it's going to happen inside the book.....I'm complaining because it's getting old...I could understand that maybe a new member would do these types of threads from time to time but when the person doing it has thousands of posts then they should have been here long enough to know that doing these things isn't cool....I'm tired of having books spoiled just because someone wants to be "first" and post a thread before anyone else can or because someone can't put enough energy out to use the search function....there's a news article dedicated to the issue where the staff member was decent enough to say in the title that there were spoilers inside and yet people are still making spoiler threads about it and they don't have the decency not to spoil in the title of the thread

So you're just referring to the title of the thread? Oh. Well then I agree. People should be allowed to peruse the forums without having anything spoiled. But I haven't really seen any such thread in which the title spoils tomorrow's events.

Like my thread for example (which I think is acceptable, you can be the judge.) I titled it: How will Bruce remain sane? (Batman Inc. #8 Spoilers)

yes exactly...you warned people that there could and probably will be spoilers to the issue so they have a choice to enter it or not and be spoiled or not