#1 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I say to all comic book fans stop hating on DC for using batman more than other characters. I am guilty of this to, but I have learned the error of my ways. DC has tried to put forth other characters some are successful(Aquaman) some aren't(Demon Knights, Legion of Superheroes). DC has tried multiple times to put other characters to use in Tv shows, movies, and comics. DC tried to give GL his own movie, but it failed. DC keeps putting out comics about lesser known characters, but we don't buy them.

You know what we do buy? yep you guessed it, Batman. That's why we see him all the time because he is popular. Batman is DC's most popular character right now, maybe with time some less popular characters will take the mantle like the Flash or Green Lantern, similar to how batman took it from superman in the 80's. But, as of now we just have to deal with it.

#2 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38878 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you! I don't see why comic fans complain about popular characters being used more than others. Characters like Superman, Batman, Wolverine, etc. are basically walking money machines. DC and Marvel will use those big characters for all they are worth. It's just simple business, and I don't see why comic fans can't grasp that.

#4 Edited by JetiiMitra (8197 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38878 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Yes! Kneel before Batman!

#6 Edited by JetiiMitra (8197 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Nooooooooooo I only kneel before Zod. And only then because I'm about to break his hand and throw him over a cliff.

#7 Posted by w0nd (2922 posts) - - Show Bio

i never see too many people complain about this....they complain more so about the fans than anything :P

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23161 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously! People need to stop

#9 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

Applause to you. Agreed

#10 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4696 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Agree. I'm afraid people will get bored.

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Its actually an endless cycle. Because they put Batman in the media more, he gets more attention, thus demand for Batman is created. If DC was like Marvel and actually marketed more of their heroes there wouldn't be complaints.

#12 Edited by Strider92 (16139 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

I say to all comic book fans stop hating on DC for using batman more than other characters. I am guilty of this to, but I have learned the error of my ways. DC has tried to put forth other characters some are successful(Aquaman) some aren't(Demon Knights, Legion of Superheroes). DC has tried multiple times to put other characters to use in Tv shows, movies, and comics. DC tried to give GL his own movie, but it failed. DC keeps putting out comics about lesser known characters, but we don't buy them.

You know what we do buy? yep you guessed it, Batman. That's why we see him all the time because he is popular. Batman is DC's most popular character right now, maybe with time some less popular characters will take the mantle like the Flash or Green Lantern, similar to how batman took it from superman in the 80's. But, as of now we just have to deal with it.

Not completely true. I, Vampire was the best New 52 book going. Won awards, was critically acclaimed and was the most bought TBP of the New 52 and yet DC preferred to never promote it and cancel it for no apparent reason.

I don't hate them for using Batman as a selling point I dislike them for only using Batman as a selling point......

#13 Posted by kcjr (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes sense to use your most popular character to sell as many comics as you can.

#14 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5183 posts) - - Show Bio

People buy what they like. I don't buy any Bat titles unless Nightwing and Talon count

and as long as they keep him out of my GL titles I'm good.

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the most profitable comic book character to date so if DC doesn't use him more then they'd be considered terrible at business and marketing.

#16 Posted by sinestro_GL (3066 posts) - - Show Bio

$$$

After all, DC is a business...so why hate them for trying to make a profit? If you were in the position of the marketing team, and it was your job to make as much money as possible, and Batman was a proven cash cow, you'd actually be an asshole not to promote Batman.

True, I have shown my disappointment at DC pushing Batman and Bat-titles...but I understand why they do so. In a way, it's not DC's fault, but the fans' fault for not taking an interest in other characters.

For example, how many people do you see walking down the street with a Batman (or even Superman logo)? Do you think they could name at least 3 Batman story arcs?

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32857 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Because it's creatively redundant

$$$

After all, DC is a business...so why hate them for trying to make a profit? If you were in the position of the marketing team, and it was your job to make as much money as possible, and Batman was a proven cash cow, you'd actually be an asshole not to promote Batman.

True, I have shown my disappointment at DC pushing Batman and Bat-titles...but I understand why they do so. In a way, it's not DC's fault, but the fans' fault for not taking an interest in other characters.

For example, how many people do you see walking down the street with a Batman (or even Superman logo)? Do you think they could name at least 3 Batman story arcs?

DC would make a profit with or without Batman, what they do they do purely out of greed and nothing more.

#19 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolno

it is disgusting behavior

#20 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1197 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you buy Batman, but I don't. (and I never will) Yes I am one of those who complains about there being too much Batman. But I understand why DC has everything (so it seems) Batman.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (38878 posts) - - Show Bio

@catsnlynne:

Why you no buy Batman? Batman is awesome! Lol.

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gone hate. Us fans, we just need to keep twerking.

#24 Posted by JuliusTakalua (267 posts) - - Show Bio

WB makes the movies. And thus the flow of money DC gets comes from the popularity of Batman. I think WB cares more about quality of their films rather thanthe marketing potential of all of DC's characters. WB wants movies, not comic books on screen.

So it's harder for DC to sell other work. People just love Batman. And it's not like Aquaman and the main DC heroes are getting cancelled. In fact, DC does not have that many "main" heroes like Marvel. Marvel has a ridiculously large amount of "main" hero lineups. DC has more "obscure" titles and many of them get dropped because fans do not want to read anything new like that.

#25 Edited by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

...no

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (38878 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Z3RO180 (6331 posts) - - Show Bio

Get the heratict for having an opinion

#28 Posted by JetiiMitra (8197 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Get the heratict for having an opinion

He can have an opinion, but it has to agree with mine

#29 Posted by JetiiMitra (8197 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Wolverine08 (38878 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

#31 Posted by JetiiMitra (8197 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: It was advertised just like all of DC's other books. DC advertised all of there books at the beginning of the new 52. advertising costs money and companies are more likely to advertise things that are going to make money. It would be a bad move to advertise something that's not going to make money.