Still want Fox to give X-Men back to Marvel?

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By albusan

Do you still want the X-Men film Franchise to be owned by Marvel studios? It's been argued since X-Men Last Stand and the success of Iron Man, that Fox has ruined the X-Men franchise and Marvel studios would do better.

When you look at the Fox X-Men films what do you get? Out of seven movies there have been five good X-Men movies (X-Men, XM2, First Class, Wolverine, DOFP) and two bad (Last Stand, Origins). So five out of seven really isn't that bad compared to any long movie franchise. For example: Star Wars (Episode 1-2), Batman films from the 90s, Spiderman( 3, AS2), a lot of James Bond films, Marvel Studios films (IM2, IM3*debatable*, Incredible Hulk, Thor:The Sark World *debatable*).

In the end Fox created one of my least favorite comicbook films (Origens) and my favorite comic book movie ever (DOFP). They created the first X-Men film which is probably the most important comicbook movie ever because it regained mainstream recognition for Comicbook films. The anti-campiness of the X-Men films set the tone for future comicbook movies. DOFP set another bar on how it combined an actual comic storyline mixed with other movie sequences.

To me Fox has earned it's right to make X-Men films as they have proved that they are capable of making great films.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Nah. I wish that Fox would reboot that franchise both as far as continuity and creators goes, but I'm actually kinda glad that Marvel doesn't have it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

Absolutely. When I see the Phase 4 stuff i just think about how amazing it would be to see an X-Men movie in there. Even more so then the X-Men I think about how much having the Fantastic Four could elevate the Marvel movies. They could have had a GOOD Fantastic Four movie that dealt with Galactus, and then maybe even have a Silver Surfer movie following it up and it would have been the perfect link from Earth to Cosmic Marvel.

The only X-Men movie that was okay was the last one and even then it fell way short then anything Marvel Studios had made.

Getting back these two franchises back would also allow for the Illuminati to assemble.

It would also just make the world feel more complete. Like if they were able to do things where the Senator giving Talbot orders in Agents of Shield was actually Senator Kelly.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fox could have handled the X-Men better I guess, but they should stay where they are, if they come back then, we would just get X-Men and Spiderman films instead of Black Panther, Dr Strange, Inhumans etc...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost choked on my smoothie and stopped reading when you counted The Wolverine as a good movie.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Competition is good for quality, if you only have Marvel, you only have one choice and one way to see the genre.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I would have more faith in Marvel.

Bad is the absence of good, though I'm not their biggest fan I objectively admit Marvel Studios have yet to make a film that's actually bad. Even my least favourite MCU film (Iron Man 2) had plenty to like. The X-Men film franchise has a couple of good characters but most mutants in them serve no purpose but to show off their powers and many don't even get names. I've never been a huge X-Men fan but I still wonder why so many people who are huge X-Men fans are so satisfied with the films which have only just recently begun respecting the source material.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: marvel should get them back for the main reason is as they are sh**ing on their comic counterparts and ruining Xmen comics

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nope, I like the X Men in their own Lil universe.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been a huge X-Men fan but I still wonder why so many people who are huge X-Men fans are so satisfied with the films which have only just recently begun respecting the source material.

X-Men is a franchise that is nearly impossible to adapt. There is a ton of important characters, important story arcs, convoluted stories etc. Its difficult to adapt into a film in the first place so when a film like X2, First Class or Dofp come along...its nice to see a super hero film handled maturely and tonally equal to the comics from which its adapted.

Anyways, no movie follows the source material exactly and its all just subjective opinion. I for one, think most of Marvel films are kind of crap.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If it weren't for Origins: Wolverine and The Last Stand, I think the X-Men would be a solid franchise.

I know I would be perminately parked in their fan base than anything Marvel, Somy or WB puts out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

@albusan: marvel should get them back for the main reason is as they are sh**ing on their comic counterparts and ruining Xmen comics

lol, no. Bad writing and editorial decisions is what is ruining the X-Men comics.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found The X-Men movies to be mediocre for the most part, with the Wolverine movies being god-awful. I'd like to see Marvel take a crack at it.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the X-Men movies more than MCU movies tbh.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Benk111

I don't think marvel studios has room in there plans for the x-men right now.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

...I liked X-3...

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care who owns the rights, I just want to see them done well. DOFP was good, but the mutants still hold a lot more potential, a reboot with Jackman and Singer nowhere to be seen is the best thing that could happen to the franchise in my opinion.
I wanna see the X-Men acting like a team, planning their moves and using their abilities like a unit (like the survivors of the future did in DOFP, where the teamwork between Blink, Colossus, Storm, Iceman, etc. was a beautiful thing) and ocassionaly fighting between each other. If it's gonna be another edition of Wolverine and his X-Bitches, I'm out.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Arinya

Barf! I can't believe the OP ranked Wolverine as a good movie! I love Wolverine but that movie was not good. I wish Disney would just fork over a billion bucks to get X-Men back right now! None of the movies hold a candle to the Avengers or Guardians movies. Both being movies based on a team. Fox has had plenty of chances to get it right. Day of Future Past was good. Stop while your ahead FOX.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, since Marvel has a shared universe now, absolutely.

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greenarrowfan12

I don’t want the xmen to get ruined with cheap laughs undeveloped villain ..