Stephen Amell For Green Arrow In JL Movie, Yes or No?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Stephen Amell For Green Arrow In JL Movie, Yes or No? (72 votes)

Yes 47%
No 38%
I want a more accurate cbm Green Arrow 26%
just want to see the results 7%

If DC cbm universe is going to be darker like MoS, I think he would be right for a darker Green Arrow. But would I rather see more comic book version of GA? Maybe, it all depends on who plays him.

I added a multiple choice, so only pick (Yes) and (I want a more accurate cbm Green Arrow) because Amell could be a more accurate GA if directed to be a funny guy.

• 
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd dig it.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd dig it.

I picked yes and more accurate, but I'd be more than fine if they did a more darker Green Arrow.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think he would make a great green arrow in the movies

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Well...considering its more likely we'll be getting a 5 member team rather than an original 7 member team (which Ollie isn't on anyway)...I'd say there is almost no chance Green Arrow makes into the first Justice League movie (Perhaps one of the sequels they introduce Green Arrow/Black Canary at the same time...but that's way far ahead). There's no way Batman, Superman and Wonder Women aren't getting in - which leaves two members for the rest of team. I can't see Green Arrow being one of those candidates.

That being said of course - I'd be fine with it I suppose. I don't really have anyone else in mind who could play Green Arrow in a movie simply cause I don't think its going to happen now that Green Arrow has his own show. Same reasoning also worries me about Flash not being on the roster either.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Justin Hartley, please

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

I say yes, absolutely.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I wouldn't mind him doing it. He just needs a better script, and he could play a witty Green Arrow. Not sure if Ollie would have room for a JL movie. You already have Supes, Bats, GL, Flash, WW, Aquaman and maybe MMH or Cyborg

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow for months now, I'd be hyped to see Green Arrow in a Justice League movie. That's if a Justice League movie happens before we're all dead.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tyrus

NO NO NO NO NO

Sorry he's just not a good actor - he's not bad either, well kinda but he's just so stiff/plain. I've said many times before that Amell's acting only got better around the second half of Season 1 but even so he hasn't nailed the role yet. Amell just doesn't seem like he can transfer the role to the big-screen and that goes especially for the rest of the cast.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ccraft

@fallschirmjager: Flash is going to appear on the Arrow tv show, which is kinda cool.

As much popularity Arrow show has received, I hope they consider having GA on the JL movie.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well...considering its more likely we'll be getting a 5 member team rather than an original 7 member team (which Ollie isn't on anyway)...I'd say there is almost no chance Green Arrow makes into the first Justice League movie (Perhaps one of the sequels they introduce Green Arrow/Black Canary at the same time...but that's way far ahead). There's no way Batman, Superman and Wonder Women aren't getting in - which leaves two members for the rest of team. I can't see Green Arrow being one of those candidates.

That being said of course - I'd be fine with it I suppose. I don't really have anyone else in mind who could play Green Arrow in a movie simply cause I don't think its going to happen now that Green Arrow has his own show. Same reasoning also worries me about Flash not being on the roster either.

What makes you think we're getting a 5 member team?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tyrus

@peppeyhare said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I can see the team being at 5.

WB is already scared to make a Wonder Woman film - if/when they get to a Justice League movie, they obviously WILL have to use Wonder Woman, take another HUGE risk/redemption for Green Lantern, obviously Superman and Batman will be in there and The Flash will have hopefully had his film before hand. I really don't see Warner Bros taking another risk with their characters... Aquaman would be the biggest risk to adapt to film (he's probably the hardest to adapt to film because of all the hate and the character itself). I honestly think that WB will chicken out and not have Aquaman in the movie.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus said:

@peppeyhare said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I can see the team being at 5.

WB is already scared to make a Wonder Woman film - if/when they get to a Justice League movie, they obviously WILL have to use Wonder Woman, take another HUGE risk/redemption for Green Lantern, obviously Superman and Batman will be in there and The Flash will have hopefully had his film before hand. I really don't see Warner Bros taking another risk with their characters... Aquaman would be the biggest risk to adapt to film (he's probably the hardest to adapt to film because of all the hate and the character itself). I honestly think that WB will chicken out and not have Aquaman in the movie.

Going to be pretty upset if they don't put Aquaman in there. Maybe they'll try and get Geoff Johns to help like they did for the GL movie.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@peppeyhare: I think it will be 5 members instead of 7 because:

• Its a lot easier to have 5 main characters than 7 in terms of story, relevance and screen time.
  • All original 7 JLA members are ridiculously powerful. Making team overpowered would make it harder to have a realistic villain
  • Its also easier to get the JL movie out faster with 5 instead of 7 members - as most of them are going to require a lead in. I think introducing 1 new character in the JL movie is the most you can do - although you could probably also introduce 1 new character and reboot Green Lantern at the same time.

Which 5 becomes the harder question...Batman, Superman and even Wonder Women are no brainers IMO. I realize WB is scared to make a WW film, but if they make a JL film without Wonder Women...it would be a travesty more than leaving out anyone else. They shouldn't even bother with a JL film if they can't get WW in - imo .

After that I would have said the next 2 are Green Lantern and Flash. But given how much Green Lantern was a failure (mostly cos script) and the Flash getting a spinoff TV show...its possible they go in other directions.

I think Aquaman should, deserves to, and will be on the team. Even with his bad image, we haven't seen a live action version of him and thus he will be an opportunity to have a relatively fresh slate going into it. It would be a mistake not to use him IMO (especially given the Throne of Atlantis arc, which would make an amazing movie)

Martian Manhunter is the final founder...but he is probably the most likely to be left off imo. Given that he is an alien with a very alien appearance...I think it would be tough to sell him to a DC universe based on the events of Man of Steel...I don't know how the public could accept a green-martian when it looks like Superman is going to have a lot of problems with that going forward - and dude looks completely human (a good looking one-no less). Furthermore his power set may make him seem a little ridiculous in a realistic tone.

So it comes back to Flash or Green Lantern. I don't think anyone else is popular / significant enough to warrant replacing them and which of the two I'd pick is highly debatable. Each will have its hurdles to over come (GL with the failure of 2011's movie) and Flash (which will have an audience following his spinoff).

I think I would prefer Flash (Barry over Wally...but I'd be fine with Wally as the TV show will be about Barry) because I think it makes the team more balanced. Furthermore Green Lantern's have responsibilities outside of Earth so I could justify it to myself a little bit as for why one of them wasn't present.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I'd be cool with that.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Yes

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He's fine for a CW T.V series, and I like him that way. But for a major motion picture, you'd need a better actor. Not that I think Green Arrow would be in a JL movie. I'd see Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. But if they did choose to have Green Arrow, it'd have to be someone else, IMHO.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: I think it will be 5 members instead of 7 because:

• Its a lot easier to have 5 main characters than 7 in terms of story, relevance and screen time.
  • All original 7 JLA members are ridiculously powerful. Making team overpowered would make it harder to have a realistic villain
  • Its also easier to get the JL movie out faster with 5 instead of 7 members - as most of them are going to require a lead in. I think introducing 1 new character in the JL movie is the most you can do - although you could probably also introduce 1 new character and reboot Green Lantern at the same time.

Which 5 becomes the harder question...Batman, Superman and even Wonder Women are no brainers IMO. I realize WB is scared to make a WW film, but if they make a JL film without Wonder Women...it would be a travesty more than leaving out anyone else. They shouldn't even bother with a JL film if they can't get WW in - imo .

After that I would have said the next 2 are Green Lantern and Flash. But given how much Green Lantern was a failure (mostly cos script) and the Flash getting a spinoff TV show...its possible they go in other directions.

I think Aquaman should, deserves to, and will be on the team. Even with his bad image, we haven't seen a live action version of him and thus he will be an opportunity to have a relatively fresh slate going into it. It would be a mistake not to use him IMO (especially given the Throne of Atlantis arc, which would make an amazing movie)

Martian Manhunter is the final founder...but he is probably the most likely to be left off imo. Given that he is an alien with a very alien appearance...I think it would be tough to sell him to a DC universe based on the events of Man of Steel...I don't know how the public could accept a green-martian when it looks like Superman is going to have a lot of problems with that going forward - and dude looks completely human (a good looking one-no less). Furthermore his power set may make him seem a little ridiculous in a realistic tone.

So it comes back to Flash or Green Lantern. I don't think anyone else is popular / significant enough to warrant replacing them and which of the two I'd pick is highly debatable. Each will have its hurdles to over come (GL with the failure of 2011's movie) and Flash (which will have an audience following his spinoff).

I think I would prefer Flash (Barry over Wally...but I'd be fine with Wally as the TV show will be about Barry) because I think it makes the team more balanced. Furthermore Green Lantern's have responsibilities outside of Earth so I could justify it to myself a little bit as for why one of them wasn't present.

You see these are all excellent points. However this is DC movie and WB has absolutely no idea how to do anything without Christopher Nolan and for some reason won't allow DC to make their stuff. So it's impossible to actually try and think of logical outcomes lol.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@peppeyhare: Yep. And who knows. If Batman/Superman destroys the box office, they may not even go the route of a big team up movie and instead do partner movies. I could see a Superman / Wonder Women movie or a Wonder Women / Batman movie, and so on and so forth.

But like you said...Its WB...who the hell knows what they're thinking.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: I could see a Superman / Wonder Women movie or a Wonder Women / Batman movie, and so on and so forth.

Loading Video...

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Nope. I don't want a bad, CW-fied Green Arrow to be the cinematic representation of Green Arrow. Especially if it's going to take place in a universe that's going to last.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to all those people who said no, who would you like to play Green Arrow in a Justice League movie?

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell to the no, that would mean Arrow shares Universes with MoS. I like both Arrow and MoS, but they should stay as two separate things.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell to the no, that would mean Arrow shares Universes with MoS. I like both Arrow and MoS, but they should stay as two separate things.

that wouldn't mean they share the same universe.

Captain_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Captain_Beyond

Stephen Amell is a really bad actor... The show is amazing only because of the premise itself is good, but Stephen Amell is terrible. He can't do dramatic scenes, he can't convey proper emotion... The only thing I've been impressed with is his stunts and even that doesn't help me convince myself that he is Green Arrow.

One thing that bugs me about Stephen Amell is that whenever an interviewer asks him about the Justice League he talks as if he 100% WILL be in a Justice League film and he acts like he'll be the biggest star in it :P

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By StrangeMan

@ccraft said:

@strangeman said:

that wouldn't mean they share the same universe.

If they ever cast him as a movie GA it would most likely be with the intention of merging Arrow's and MoS' continuities together, they would realize that it would be way to confusing to have the same guy play 2 different versions of a character at the same time. But if it wouldn't necessarily mean that, then I'm ok with it, I like Amell's take on Ollie.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

At first I really liked him as Oliver Queen but with time and how the show proceeds and develops I start to dislike him more and more as Green Arrow with every episode.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

he has no character

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then you'd have to boot Ezra and put Grant in his place for it to make sense.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I dont want Gugi's Felicity soloing the Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Two Batmans in one movie isn't necessary. No.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Felicity would probably try to tag alone and turn the Justice League into Felicity and friends

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never