Static Shock Digital Show Announced

• 85 results
kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DC is conducting the realist hype train right now.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darkbeam: No, there is a lack of Asian, Indian, or whatever else characters.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Fallingcliffs

lol, I think DC and Marvel have already been too politically correct with the minorities, women characters etc. Let's see Simon Baz? Wally West? Vibe? Batwing? E2 Val-Zod aka new Superman now? Multiversity Earth whatever Black Superman President? Marvel and DC with Gay couples/characters rehashed? Now female Thor?? DC just announced Static coming back...

I don't see a lack of anything...if anything I think both DC and Marvel are over doing it now with the minorities, gender changes and gay elements. Just my opinion.

I'm not against it per-se, I just feel it's being uses as a crutch to sell comics now in general so unless it's relevant to the story itself why bother? I mean Simon Baz is a dull GL as ever, Vibe or make people go out to buy spiderwoman because she poses like a stripper? Do people care about these guys just for these reasons? Even Batwing, the series isn't bad granted but does anyone really care that much about Fox junior(the character)? Really now? lol And I can almost guarantee Thor chick will not be as popular as normal Thor....

And for the record, DC does have an asian character/characters. Asian kid green lantern in Batman Beyond Universe and Toyman(new 52) kid who helps Superman and Batman.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seriously stop saying Donald Glover as Static. No. Just No.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By HumanRocket

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll celebrate if its good. DC does not have my faith after the s*** they pulled with his comic

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hell yes!!!

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: from your attitude it's really pointless to argue with you about it so I won't.

Mars8254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people on here serious with Donald Glover stuff? Anyway I rather they bring back his comic. We have enough DC shows

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to watch his show when I was a kid!

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By godzilla44
No Caption Provided

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Super hero Static Shock! WHOOP WHOOP!

I sure hope Ebon and Gear appear in this new series!

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@fallingcliffs: The Asian kid Green Lantern you're referring to is named Kai-Ro and "Multiversity Earth whatever Black Superman President?" is Calvin Ellis/President Superman from Earth-23. Also on some of your points I respectfully disagree. I don't think DC or Marvel are being too politically correct but I do wish that they would place more attention on minority characters which already have an established fanbase. This is why the news about Static is really exciting for fans because Static is a popular character with an already established fanbase that has been underused/mistreated. Hopefully this adaptation will do him justice.

Oh and for the record there are some of us that really do care about Batwing. And of course female Thor will not become as popular as the main Thor but maybe you should give the story a chance.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#64 JediXMan  Moderator

*sigh* Won't be the same without McDuffie.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AWESOME!!! I just started watching it again! I would have preferred him over a cyborg movie though.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind said:

I'll celebrate if its good. DC does not have my faith after the s*** they pulled with his comic

DC and WB are two different companies (not that you should have faith in WB though).

@mars8254 Two different companies. However since he is getting a show, chances are that means he will be coming back into the comics. Personally I hope he joins back up with the Titans.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too am I childhood fan of Static, though by way of the cartoon rather than the comic. I was just speaking with an acquaintance several weeks ago about how they should bring Static to the live-action screen. If not a movie, a TV show. When I saw this announcement, I was psyched...but only for a few seconds. I don't mean to sound negative, and so that there are no accusations, I am going to go ahead and admit that I myself am Black-American; but I'm just hoping they don't have an all-black target audience. Granted he is an African-American superhero, but it's not just Black people who like him. I guess I'm just saying, the spectacle and action stuff aside, I hope they don't focus on problems "typical of African-American" youth like how he was envisioned back in the 90s. Because that no longer has much significance. They should focus on the fact that he is a bullied outcast and honor student who lacks an ideal relationship with at least one of his parents. And definitely not one with his sister. Just saying. I hope Reginald doesn't make it like some of his movies.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonian24: Are you serious it does though. Black propose still face the same discrimination and persecution that they have faced. How many cop killins wound it take for you to understand that.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Oh, that came of wrong i guess. That should be an additional movie, true. I don't really care about a cyborg movie, and the rest in list sounds way cooler.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wow Bleeding Cool was right

There's a first time for everything.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

But I thought DC forgot they owned Milestone characters?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I don't have faith in anyone doing it right. My standards for Static are impossibly high.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can`t wait.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!!!!!! I love Static!

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is beautiful

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Um. Who exactly is this "owner of Milestone"? Because while I admit I don't know a whole lot about the imprint, I know it was created by Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan, and several others and they released their own line which was published with help from DC. But then it sorta faded away, except for the Static Shock cartoon, which introduced Bruce Timm and the other architects of the DCAU to McDuffie and they ended up realizing how much a a genius he was and decided to have him be main contributor to JLU. Then in recent years, McDuffie and Alan Burnett had a run on the 2006-2011 Justice League of America series, in which the Milestone Universe was fused into the mainstream DCU, in a way that it was now "always" a part of it. They also released a two issue series called "Milestone Forever" and Static appeared in the "Terror Titans" mini and ended up joining the Teen Titans. Static and several other characters took a leave of absence from the Titans and Icon, Hardware and the others seemed to have been forgotten again. When the New 52 first happened, the other characters were still nowhere to be found but Static had a series, which was one of the first to be cancelled. Static, Icon, and Rocket also appeared in the Young Justice television cartoon which was cancelled very prematurely. And no one has seen any of the Milestone characters since.

That's really all I know about MIlestone, but I reiterate my question. Exactly who is it you are saying it is who owns MIlestone? Because I thought they sold it to DC when McDuffie was writing JLA.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#81  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YEEEEEESSSSS!

D only qn now is...will other major Milestone heroes feature in dis shw or will it b lyk d toon whr Static was d only major Milestone supahero existing in d DC universe?

Hopefully, it will b both!

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kilowog52

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think I've heard that name before. Was he one of the founders with McDuffie and Cowan? Who is he?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

Definitely need a white actor for the part. Gotta have that diversity.

You win all the Internets sir.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, but if it's Jalen Smith, it freaks up the whole thing...

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I better not die before this comes out.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt:

In recent years, I've seen way more black people as the victimizers of Caucasian people as opposed to the other way around. And the Caucasian people were the nicer of the two. In addition, I'm not saying discrimination doesn't still exist, I'm just saying it doesn't matter as much as it used to. I mean, Black people can do pretty much everything White people can these days. I would bring up the argument that our president is black, but a lot of people don't realize that he is actually mixed as his mother was Caucasian.

But back to the point, I'm just saying that I don't want this to be turned into something typical of how Black people are portrayed on-screen. That we all deal with racism, sell drugs, get some random girl pregnant, speak as if we do not have common sense, that we use profanity (the N word included), dress without either care (sagging pants) or maybe too much care (overuse of bling), and even something as positive as them attending church. Not all Black people go and to be honest, I know very few these days who actually do.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the rumors are true and they get Jaden Smith as Static that'll ruin all my excitement for this show.

Silver Zeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caaaaant wait 2 find out mo' details abt dis project.

Who will direct?, Who will play Virgil & Ritchie? If bigger named actors wud b involved lyk Denzel Washington playing Static's dad & wat plotline /premise will it hv?

Gosh we/SZ r soooo psykd 4 dia!