Star Wars: The Clone Wars season finale

kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By kaliforniaa

Did anyone see the trailer for Thor that aired during the second half of Star Wars: The Clone Wars? I'm asking because it seemed inaccurate. I thought I heard "the only comic character with the power of lightning" or something close to that. If that was what was said, does anyone who writes this #$%^ ever do their homework? Then again this is Hollywood, home of the X-Men movies!

On Friday, April 1, 2011

Note.. Now that I think about it some more, I think the trailer opened with the Hulk [Eric Bana version], followed by Iron Man I think, making it seem like a trailer for the new Avengers movie.

kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kaliforniaa

Well if you wait long enough, people will still not bother to attempt a response. Also, youtube will eventually have a video, which I was fortunate enough to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1UHAhvEMqg

So I might have been wrong about which version of the Hulk was used, I refuse to watch the Edward Norton version, but both he and Iron Man were in the trailer. Also, it says "But only one... has the power of thunder." Really? With Marvel even providing their name in the trailer, they are saying that NO OTHER character in the comic universe has the power of THUNDER?! Ever hear of a tiny little superheroine named STORM? How about a Greek deity who goes by the name of Zeus? Weather Wizard? Meggan? Nope, I guess NONE of them can control thunder!!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Man... you said "Clone Wars" and "finale" in the same title. How could you get my hopes up and then crash them down? -_-

@kaliforniaa said:

" Well if you wait long enough, people will still not bother to attempt a response. Also, youtube will eventually have a video, which I was fortunate enough to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1UHAhvEMqgSo I might have been wrong about which version of the Hulk was used, I refuse to watch the Edward Norton version, but both he and Iron Man were in the trailer. Also, it says "But only one... has the power of thunder." Really? With Marvel even providing their name in the trailer, they are saying that NO OTHER character in the comic universe has the power of THUNDER?! Ever hear of a tiny little superheroine named STORM? How about a Greek deity who goes by the name of Zeus? Weather Wizard? Meggan? Nope, I guess NONE of them can control thunder!! "
... how can you refuse to see the Norton version? Bana's movie was a piece of crap. And that's not just my opinion.

Storm's power isn't even close to Thor (sorry to smash your dreams, fanboys). Zeus is Greek and the movie version is only recognizing Norse myth. Weather Wizard is DC. I don't think Meggan is as powerful, and again, she's not recognized in the movie-verse.
kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kaliforniaa

Clearly I forgot to check which universe Weather Wizard was from, if I had, I wouldn't have included him, either that or I would have included DC characters along with Wildstorm, Chaos, etc.

Also, I wasn't comparing how POWERFUL the character is, I was pointing out that there are other characters out there who also have the power of thunder/lightning. And if the movie is only recognizing NORSE myth, then where do Iron Man and Hulk fit into it? The answer is, they don't!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@kaliforniaa:

The movie is only recognizing characters being added to the movie-verse. Do you see any Greeks? No? Do you see Norse? Yes? That what does that tell you?

In that universe, all there are are the characters being shown. It's an alternate universe and those other weather-benders don't exist.
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Project_Worm
@kaliforniaa: 
Mann.. I thought this was a discussion of the season finale of star wars.. oh well
blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By blur99

I thought the finale would have something about Savage Oppress.  

What a name. 
Overall it was decent.
kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kaliforniaa

But there were WOOKIES!!