#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (34944 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Obi might have to kill Maul again.

This season looks intense.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Definitely. Apparently that first trailer was footage from only a handful of episodes, too.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

Definitely. Apparently that first trailer was footage from only a handful of episodes, too.

I wonder why they can't take what they do in the show and apply it to the movies, it sure would make it interesting.

#5 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: They're supposed to be making a live action tv series. Could be a long time till that happens though.

#6 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok this clone wars series is now officially better than the prequels!!!  

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

#8 Posted by k4tzm4n (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Bah!

#9 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

I make a solemn promise: If Palpatine brutally, easily, and with massive amounts of badassery, wipes the floor with Maul and Oppress, I will watch every single episode of the Clone Wars, and review specific ones.

#10 Edited by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

I make a solemn promise: If Palpatine brutally, easily, and with massive amounts of badassery, wipes the floor with Maul and Oppress, I will watch every single episode of the Clone Wars, and review specific ones.

I have severe doubts about that happening. Technically, Sidious already did brutally and easily wipe the floor with Maul on Hypori once. Maul was somewhat wounded, but once he drew on his rage, his fatigue and pain subsided. Maul was completely bloodlusted and attacked until he exhausted himself, while Sidious held back and only struck a few times, instead choosing to simply parry all of Maul's attacks until Maul's energy was spent. To make it worse, Sidious fought with a training lightsaber while Maul handled a genuine article, and Sidious proved, both in the duel on Hypori and on another occasion, that he can fight faster than Maul can even see. Once a Maul who was cutting loose wasted all of his power in an uninterrupted attempt to attack a Sidious who was both holding back lavishly by not utilizing his full speed or even attacking very much and using a training lightsaber, Sidious disarmed Maul casually because his energies had barely been tapped while Maul's were depleted... But we can hardly expect TCW to acknowledge any of this. For climactic quality, assuming Sidious does beat them, it would likely be a drawn out fight. However, while I won't fault TCW for disregarding EU stories (since we need to make our expectations realistic), Lucas' own movies should at least be considered. In Lucas' own movies, Sidious killed Agen and Saesee before either had a chance to do anything. If Palpatine vs Maul and Savage was written correctly, even under the confines of G-Canon, it would just be a repeat of Agen and Saesee's defeat. Will this happen? Unlikely. Does that mean it will not still be a cool fight to watch? Not at all. I anticipate seeing that fight, even if its execution is lackluster considering the characters' histories. 

What bothers me more than anything though is that I think Tyranus should be the one to fight Maul and Savage, not Sidious. Tyranus is the one assuming the role of Sith apprentice in the Banite line at the time. If anything, since Maul is basically a Sith nomad rather than a legitimate adept at this point, it would be more fitting for Dooku to be the one to actually fight them, in the same way that Anakin needed to kill Tyranus to unknowingly prove himself as a capable Sith candidate. On the other hand, Maul did exposit on his and Savage's intentions to attack the "Sith pretender" Dooku (the irony of Maul and Savage referring to the reigning true Sith as "pretenders" should not evade anyone). As well, Maul's goals in all this aren't the only ones to analyze. Unless Tyranus, for some reason, just decides that Maul and Savage are nuisances rather than real threats, he would probably want to kill Maul and Savage himself. So maybe Maul or Savage or both of them will fight Dooku. Who knows. To present yet another possibility, maybe Maul and Savage are not interested in just supplanting Tyranus but instead the whole Banite system, meaning both Tyranus and Sidious, in which case, the two of them dueling Sidious would make more sense (though my only guess as to why Maul would want to kill a master he displayed nothing but loyalty to would be that he feels betrayed by Sidious' continuation of the Grand Plan without his involvement). In any case, Tyranus vs Maul is a fight I have wanted to see for a while anyway; so even setting aside all of the Banite precepts of induction, it would just be fun to see. If the fight is (in my humble opinion) written properly, Dooku could beat Maul in a good fight, unless Maul has grown in skill and/or power since his return.

As a whole, I am both very intrigued and very nervous about the events of this upcoming season. However, I plan to watch seasons two through four in the foreseeable future, hopefully before the season premiere. This trailer, Maul's future, and my enjoyment of the Mortis trilogy have all given me reason enough to start wanting to watch TCW again, in spite of the ways it frustrates me.
#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Ha! I'm just playing :P That trailer actually looked pretty rad.

@JediXMan said:

LOL!

#12 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

I'm serious... or half serious. My interpretation of "brutally" and "easily" differs from others.

Also, YOUR A MOD?! Congrats.

@Silver2467:

Dooku should be able to solo the two of them. Unfortunately, from what I heard, it didn't work out so well.

#13 Posted by sohanlon07 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Clone Wars worth watching?

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

@sohanlon07 said:

Is the Clone Wars worth watching?

No.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Oh I believe you, but knowing the show, Palpatine will have a "hard time" with Maul's true "potential" or something resembling that.

Ha, you make it sound like it's a bad thing :P But thanks!

#16 Posted by Hero4life (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the fight between Sidious and Maul and Mauls bro. Awesome

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (19107 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Agreed.

#18 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18737 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to the fight between Sidious Maul and Savage.

Though I'm not a clone wars fan.

#19 Posted by ShootingNova (19107 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Same. Though naturally speaking, Sidious should be able to move faster than their eyes, but that's C-Canon. This is T-Canon.

@Silver2467 said:

I have severe doubts about that happening. Technically, Sidious already did brutally and easily wipe the floor with Maul on Hypori once. Maul was somewhat wounded, but once he drew on his rage, his fatigue and pain subsided. Maul was completely bloodlusted and attacked until he exhausted himself, while Sidious held back and only struck a few times, instead choosing to simply parry all of Maul's attacks until Maul's energy was spent. To make it worse, Sidious fought with a training lightsaber while Maul handled a genuine article, and Sidious proved, both in the duel on Hypori and on another occasion, that he can fight faster than Maul can even see. Once a Maul who was cutting loose wasted all of his power in an uninterrupted attempt to attack a Sidious who was both holding back lavishly by not utilizing his full speed or even attacking very much and using a training lightsaber, Sidious disarmed Maul casually because his energies had barely been tapped while Maul's were depleted... But we can hardly expect TCW to acknowledge any of this. For climactic quality, assuming Sidious does beat them, it would likely be a drawn out fight. However, while I won't fault TCW for disregarding EU stories (since we need to make our expectations realistic), Lucas' own movies should at least be considered. In Lucas' own movies, Sidious killed Agen and Saesee before either had a chance to do anything. If Palpatine vs Maul and Savage was written correctly, even under the confines of G-Canon, it would just be a repeat of Agen and Saesee's defeat. Will this happen? Unlikely. Does that mean it will not still be a cool fight to watch? Not at all. I anticipate seeing that fight, even if its execution is lackluster considering the characters' histories.

What bothers me more than anything though is that I think Tyranus should be the one to fight Maul and Savage, not Sidious. Tyranus is the one assuming the role of Sith apprentice in the Banite line at the time. If anything, since Maul is basically a Sith nomad rather than a legitimate adept at this point, it would be more fitting for Dooku to be the one to actually fight them, in the same way that Anakin needed to kill Tyranus to unknowingly prove himself as a capable Sith candidate. On the other hand, Maul did exposit on his and Savage's intentions to attack the "Sith pretender" Dooku (the irony of Maul and Savage referring to the reigning true Sith as "pretenders" should not evade anyone). As well, Maul's goals in all this aren't the only ones to analyze. Unless Tyranus, for some reason, just decides that Maul and Savage are nuisances rather than real threats, he would probably want to kill Maul and Savage himself. So maybe Maul or Savage or both of them will fight Dooku. Who knows. To present yet another possibility, maybe Maul and Savage are not interested in just supplanting Tyranus but instead the whole Banite system, meaning both Tyranus and Sidious, in which case, the two of them dueling Sidious would make more sense (though my only guess as to why Maul would want to kill a master he displayed nothing but loyalty to would be that he feels betrayed by Sidious' continuation of the Grand Plan without his involvement). In any case, Tyranus vs Maul is a fight I have wanted to see for a while anyway; so even setting aside all of the Banite precepts of induction, it would just be fun to see. If the fight is (in my humble opinion) written properly, Dooku could beat Maul in a good fight, unless Maul has grown in skill and/or power since his return. As a whole, I am both very intrigued and very nervous about the events of this upcoming season. However, I plan to watch seasons two through four in the foreseeable future, hopefully before the season premiere. This trailer, Maul's future, and my enjoyment of the Mortis trilogy have all given me reason enough to start wanting to watch TCW again, in spite of the ways it frustrates me.

I'm fairly nervous and suspicious too. I'll watch the Maul + Opress vs. Sidious, but unless Sidious murderstomps, I won't be happy.

Tyranus seemed to have failed against Ventress + Opress, for a time.

And it's the first time in TCW Sidious has done anything combat-wise.

#20 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff. Can't wait!

#21 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Same. Though naturally speaking, Sidious should be able to move faster than their eyes, but that's C-Canon. This is T-Canon.

T-Canon: the place where nothing makes sense.

#22 Posted by 7DEADPOOL7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW!

#23 Posted by Zereta (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Catching up with The Clone Wars. At Season 3 now. I remember watching the movie and swearing this and Star Wars off but fuck, the show is actually pretty awesome and has set me down on a path of reviving my intense love of Star Wars, something that has been with me since I was 5.

#24 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zereta: I felt the same way.

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18737 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Yeah that's true.

#26 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26967 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait, I actually enjoy The Clone Wars show not as good as the first but good nonetheless