k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Spoilers! 

It's the start of a new story and unfortunately it's not nearly as gripping as the tale on Mandalore -- at least not yet. A bomb detonates in the Jedi Temple and the Jedi Masters task Anakin and Ahsoka with investigating. Why them? Because Yoda and the others fear a rogue Jedi Master could be behind the attack. The ongoing war is diving them and public support is fading, so they suspect that's the motive behind the bombing. So begins the investigation which turns obvious very, very, veeeeeeery quickly but still keeps us amused with some fairly cool moments. 

First off, right when the wife expressed a clear disliking of the Jedi Temple ("not anyone can just walk into your precious temple!"), it was obvious she was going to play a bigger part -- otherwise, there was really no point of introducing her. The investigation itself is unfortunately a bit boring but there is one scene which manages to steal the spotlight. When they're at the scene of the crime, a massive hologram replays the event and it looks stunning. This show has made leaps and bounds with its visuals over the years and it really shines in moments like this. Seeing them observe the still explosion was an awesome sight and then having them casually stroll through as it unfolded around them looked fantastic.  
No Caption Provided
Aside from that, the other highlight belonged to the opening sequence. While it wasn't particularly exciting, the visuals once again sold the scene. From the reveal of the droids under the ship to the harsh crash landing, it was quite a solid way to begin the episode.  

My biggest gripe here is the investigation didn't really give us enough to keep our interest at full levels until next week, and the final chase sequence was totally lackluster compared to the fast-paced scenes the program usually offers. I would have loved a little segment that played off last week's amazing conclusion. What is the Emperor up to and what is Darth Maul's current condition? It would be great if the show did a better job of juggling the huge cast, but it seems to prefer focusing solely on one thing at a time. Even if they're the ones behind the attack, it would still be possible to chime back in on them without giving it away.  

This certainly wasn't a bad episode, but when it comes to building up the tension for a season's final story arc, I would have preferred more intrigue and a proper tease to keep us anxious for next week.
Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#1  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Maybe it will, cause the next episode says 'Jedi Who Knew Too Much'...

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By antemiusenteri

This show better have a another season i love it so effing much i don't care if it goes to Disney as long as they have the same hard core narrative gore

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

On right now! ^_^

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Duo_forbidden

@antemiusenteri: The 6th season was confirmed to be in production. I hope changing to another network doesn't change the series either.

But yeah, this episode was okay, but I'm glad to see Ahsoka again. Judging by the trailer I saw during the week, the final arc of the season is looks intense.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

On right now! ^_^

Enjoy!
Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Lurkero

I enjoy police procedural shows so I am partial when I say I enjoyed the investigation part of the episode. The robot investigator, RSI i think is his name, was fun to watch. I would like a show with a Jedi cop. Someone should get to work on that pilot.

The opening of this episode was indeed great too. Good visuals and witty banter helped a lot.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ekrolo

It was a pretty good episode but I do feel it was rushed which is a big problem with the story arcs of this season, the ones with potential are over far to quickly and the ones you don’t care about last like 4 episodes (the droid one was atrocious). I also wish this whole anti Jedi movement could have been setup earlier.

It felt as if this one bad thing happened and then immediately public opinion of the Jedi hit rock bottom and riots broke out. There was no build up to and that’s yet another overall problem with the season.

Plus if this is the last arc of the season and if the trailer is to be believe Ahsoka is probably going to bite the dust soon, then how is this CSI like situation going to escalate into Ahsoka most likely becoming a fugitive and dying, unless this some how ties into Ventress and Maul (who I really hope will kill Ahsoka to push Anakin into the dark side) in a way that’s not extremely contrived, this whole episode will just end up being filler so that the 20 ep requirement per season can be meet.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ekrolo said:

It was a pretty good episode but I do feel it was rushed which is a big problem with the story arcs of this season, the ones with potential are over far to quickly and the ones you don’t care about last like 4 episodes (the droid one was atrocious). I also wish this whole anti Jedi movement could have been setup earlier.

It felt as if this one bad thing happened and then immediately public opinion of the Jedi hit rock bottom and riots broke out. There was no build up to and that’s yet another overall problem with the season.

Plus if this is the last arc of the season and if the trailer is to be believe Ahsoka is probably going to bite the dust soon, then how is this CSI like situation going to escalate into Ahsoka most likely becoming a fugitive and dying, unless this some how ties into Ventress and Maul (who I really hope will kill Ahsoka to push Anakin into the dark side) in a way that’s not extremely contrived, this whole episode will just end up being filler so that the 20 ep requirement per season can be meet.

To close off this little analysis of mine, why the hell is Obi-Wans appointment to the Council suddenly a flaw? Considering the fact that hes been on it since the show started it really shouldn’t be a listed as a flaw of the episode. Off the top of my head I can’t recall any EU work that shows him becoming a member but im sure a die hard SW nut is going to correct me in about 5 minutes.

???
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Lurkero said:

I enjoy police procedural shows so I am partial when I say I enjoyed the investigation part of the episode. The robot investigator, RSI i think is his name, was fun to watch. I would like a show with a Jedi cop. Someone should get to work on that pilot.

Same, I would love to see a series focused on a Jedi (doesn't even have to be a Jedi) dealing with crime on Coruscant.