Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

Hey Guys.

I was recently thinking about some thing that would bring us little alive and then wut gave me great idea. It could be something like many gauntlets joined into one big battle adventure with heroes, new gear, enemies. You could also be ally with each other or encounter each other. Each hero would start with standard gear and by clearing specific gauntlets would then earn new items to go into another gauntlet.

For make it easier, each hero will be given his role (tank, dps, support) and special attacks. So for example someone will choose Mace Windu ok? So his stats are:

800 HP, 350 FP (Force points), lightsaber damage 75+25 for Vaapad mastery, Force damage 40. Special abilities would be Ferocity Strike (dealing 15+10% damage of opponents maximum hp and can occur only once per fight) and passive the Dark Side resistance (20 damage reduced from Sith/Dark Force users). So he is DPS.

Then we would have for example Vader with.

1000 HP, 500 FP, with Lightsaber damage 50 and Force damage 50 (You must understand guys that he must be a little depowered to make it fair), with special abilities Armor of the Sith Lord (Vader takes 10% reduced damage from physical attacks and is immune to stun but takes 10% more from Force attacks, also due to his cybernetic body, healing abilities on him are reduced by 10% and is vulnerable to lightning attacks which deals him 20% more hp) and second is the Precision Strike dealing 25 damage more than basic attack (once per fight).

So Mace Windu is damage dealer while Vader is tank and battle goes on like this.

First user has 3 turns. So Mace goes for physical attack, force attack and Ferocity Strike. PA deals Vader 90, FA 44 and SA deals 115.

Mace deals total 249 damage and looses 100 force points (he is primary swordsman after all).

Vader uses PS 75, force attack 50 and regular attack 50.

Vader deals 175 damage.

Mace has 625 hp and 250 fp and Vader has 751 hp and 400 FP. Do you got it?

So, is there anyone who would be willing to go into it? Make some gauntlets, items, teams?

Oh and sorry for my english. I know its horrible.

@spartankobe@wut@killerwasp@jedixman@dccomicsrule2011@shootingnova@i_like_swords@eisenfauste@whirlwind_33

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting. I might be interested?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly have no idea what an RPG entails

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Interesting but it should move to General or Off topic I

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll think about it once the idea is fleshed out a little more. Sounds a little too MMORPG-like for my liking though.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Comicdude360

@penderor: sounds interesting let me get back to you on it though.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

I confess that have experience with such things in having played games such as KotOR, KotOR II and TOR, but I simply dislike the notion of dealing with all these numbers.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @shootingnova: There would be numbers or words. Health points can be changed for something like fresh, fine, exhausted, very exhausted and more or just maybe like HP is ----------------------- long and similar.

Please guys dont let me alone in this :).

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wut

@penderor: My advice would be not to think of any 'special' character stats. I would first try to establish base line stats for 'mook' Jedi/Sith.

Find the stats of an average Padawan, Knight, Master, Apprentice, Sith Lord, etc then look at them and subtract and add stats when necessary as well as give them small unique traits based on their unique abilities.

This will make it much easier and manageable for people as well as give them an idea of how much stronger Vader is to a normal Jedi Knight in terms of stats.

Numbers are much easier to manage in something like this once you have established a base line to work with.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like the Star Wars version of DCU Onile but I would definitely play. I was hoping Marvel would make a game.

It should have the mentors be lower level people like Asoka, Anakin, etc. and the big boys come out for big missions. I love the idea though

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Of course that was just example. I will made lover health and such hundreds will have just some bosses.

Probably you will make your character I need volunteers to help so if anyone would be so nice...

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: I, nor anyone I think, can really make a character until we understand more about the game mechanics.

For instance, do I pick a random Jedi/Sith and then try to guess at how strong they are in terms of numbers? But what do these numbers even really mean in the realm of when it passes the realm of normal and starts to edge into strong?

Like Warhammer, for example, I know the game mechanics of it so making a character using its stats would be easy (Even if they were from a different universe like Star Wars), but I would need to know the mechanics and 'scale' in order to even attempt at making a character. :P

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Just look at that Mace vs Windu. One has better force and health yet lacks superior damage to second. This is the way the battle could go on. The third character might have lesser damage and health but still more force and versitale ablities.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wut

@penderor: I understand that, but it still doesn't help me. I am very meticulous when it comes to numbers. Someone is 'less' then Mace, does that mean he has a hundred less hp? Two hundred? fifty? Does he have twenty less damage? fifteen? ten?

I would need a 'baseline' established in order to figure it out.

For instance, in warhammer a humans stats would be, Weapon Skill 3 (For a trained human), Strength 3, Toughness 3, Initiative (Combat Speed) 3.

So the number 3, is pretty much base human with human limitations. So, for someone like Mace Windu, I would make him Weapon Skill 7, Strength 4, Toughness 3, Initiative 6-7

For Vader, it would be Weapon Skill 6 (Maybe 7), Strength 4-5, Toughness 4, Initiative 5.

With 'base stats' it makes it easier to gauge it based on how strong a 'normal being' is as well as having references for 'like strength' characters to draw on.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: This was actually my first though but how you figure out turns, attacks, how many health has the other person left?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: If you want to use the 'warhammer' system you would have to use Quest or Warhammer RP to gauge that, but I didn't mean to use the Warhammer system, I was just using that to say I would need a baseline.

Pretty much, find out how much HP, FP and Damage a mook Padawan, Knight, and Master has then post it, and it will make it much easier for people to make their characters from that.

To figure out who attacks first, all you have to do is add a Speed trait. Higher speed trait attacks first.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: so what all traits are involved in Warhammer?

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While this is a good idea, this doesn't belong in the Battles board. Isn't there like, an RPG board?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Hm? In normal warhammer? All stats are 1-10 It is:

Weapon Skill: Represents how well someone fights. This is purely skill based ranging from 1-10. A zero means they are physically incapable of defending themselves while 10 would be... well, 10 is impossible really unless they are war made manifest.

Ballistic Skill: Represents how well someone uses ranged weaponry.

Strength: Represents how physically strong someone is.

Toughness: Represents how tough they are. This is both how resistant they are to damage and durability. Someone like Vader who has shown a very impressive durability far beyond normal humans is going to be much higher. 1-10 again.

Wounds: How many 'hits' a character can take before dying.

Initiative: How fast a character is.

Leadership: How well a character leads others.

But there is nothing wrong with the one you are using at the moment. It is a standard RPG system, and it works just fine. All you need to do is instead of posting Vader and Mace stats is post a Padawan, Knight, and Master's stats.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

can you give us a few things so we can scale?

Stats of a normal NPC (not force sensitive nor trained nor a solder)

Stats of a Rank and file clone

Stats of a Clone commander/Comando ( peak human)

Stats of someone like Boba feat ( absoulout best non jedi)

Stats of a jedi/sith at the following levels padawan, Knight, master, Grand master

if we get one of each we can work out where each individual character lies their aprroximent stats etc etc

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can you give us a few things so we can scale?

Stats of a normal NPC (not force sensitive nor trained nor a solder)

Stats of a Rank and file clone

Stats of a Clone commander/Comando ( peak human)

Stats of someone like Boba feat ( absoulout best non jedi)

Stats of a jedi/sith at the following levels padawan, Knight, master, Grand master

if we get one of each we can work out where each individual character lies their aprroximent stats etc etc

This is pretty much what I am asking for as well.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: And what does that have anything to do with my comment?

Just move this thread.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Penderor

POST DELETED.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomedude: You cannot disprove this is its own kind of battle but ok.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry guy but i have to do this.

I cant control it.

No Caption Provided

Sorry.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

so this would be an example

Afilation :Sith

Rank; Knight

Class sorcerer

HP:20

FP:25

LD:10

FD:10

for balance sake you should make LD go down and bump up the FP

also skills?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wut
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cjdavis103

Sorry guy but i have to do this.

I cant control it.

No Caption Provided

Sorry.

Says the guy on the comic book site

Look right here

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I like more the other awesome BBC show, well beside Graham Norton, the one with The Batch.

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Not only nerds like comic books, also geeks and dorks like them.

Besides like TVTropes says Even Nerds Have Standards

OK, now you've crossed over into the realm of supernerds, whereby even regular nerds steal your lunch money and throw rocks at you.

Ethan, Ctrl+Alt+Del

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wut

@deathpoolthet1000: It was more of a comment on being called a nerd... as, at the moment, I am watching every episode of Farscape not Doctor Who, but I just wanted a gif on Comic Book Guy, on the note of your preferred TV show:

No Caption Provided

.... Is it any good perchance? I am going to need something to watch once I get through the last two seasons of Farscape.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Penderor

@cjdavis103: Skills will come. I will go sleep soon so I will think little about it. Probably I will make some Skill Tree or something.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Fargo is pretty good too, maybe Castle with Nathan Fillion and try to imagine its Firefly.

Yeah, there is people that does that.

Also, this is about Star Wars so i say Darth Vader Force Choke everybody.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spartankobe

@penderor: Do not tag me right off of an OP please. I am not even close to star wars expert and have stated and hinted at it multiple times. I'm not even close to the other people you mentioned that aren't experts.

Again, I would not like to be tagged right off of an OP. If I am interested I will respond. If not I won't. I sit here all day on this computer because I have no life. Don't worry I won't miss anything. I go back to school in a few days but I still will have substantial time on this forum and probably won't miss anything either.

I won't tag right off the OP anymore too like I used to, and I'm not really interested in this either way.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, now you've crossed over into the realm of supernerds, whereby even regular nerds steal your lunch money and throw rocks at you.

Ethan, Ctrl+Alt+Del

so you Even looked it up in TV tropes wow those in glass houses buddy

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Ethan, Ctrl+Alt+Del

so you Even looked it up in TV tropes wow those in glass houses buddy

And this is what i get for making a joke.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Penderor

Choose your Order : Jedi or Sith

From now you are a Jedi Padawan/Sith Apprentice

Choose your class now:

Guardian/Marauder or Consular/Sorcerer

HP 20 HP 15

FP 15 FP 20

LD 10 LD 5

FD 5 FD 10

Now you have class and have 2 points to spend in your skill tree. Each ability will help you on your journey.

Guardian/Marauder has:

Strike! costs 1 point - LD deals +5 bonus damage if you are Padawan, +10 if you are knight and +15 if you are master.

Counter Strike! costs 1 point - for next two rounds you receive - 3 damage from all sources and reflects same amount into opponent, - 5 as Knight, - 10 if you are Master.

Force Pull! costs 1 point - Pulls enemy towards you and stuns him for two rounds.

Force Grip! costs 1 point - Stuns your enemy for one round and deals 5 FD.

All these skills can occur only once per fight.

Consular/Sorcerer has:

Force Push! costs 1 point - Your enemy is pushed away from for two rounds. However, both you, your ally and your opponent are unable to use melee attacks against each other.

Force Heal! costs 1 point - Heals you or your ally for 5 HP, 10 HP, 15 HP (depends on your rank, knight can use heal 2 times and master 3 times during the fight).

Force Drain! costs 1 point - Heals you for 5 HP and deals 5 FD to enemy, 10 HP, 15 HP (similar to previous).

Slash! costs 1 point - Slashes your enemy and makes him bleed for LD 2 per round for 3 rounds, LD increased to 3, LD increased on 5 (depends on your rank).

All these skills except heal can be used only once per fight.

These are basic skills and other will follow.

Another thing you must do is to choose your mentor and lightsaber style.

Kit Fisto (Shii-Cho)- Balanced form. You now deals + 1 damage from LD and takes - 1 LD every round.

Count Dooku (Makashi)- Duelist power. Every fourth LD now stuns your opponent for next round.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Soresu)- You gains passive ability of defence. Every third LD is blocked and you are healed for half amount of damage (if the half would be decimal, then you take the the higher number)

Yoda (Ataru)- You are training the agressive form. You are permanently loosing 5 hp but your LD is increased by same amount.

Anakin Skywalker(Djem So)- With this style you deals + 2 LD every second round and also takes - 1 LD and FP.

Revan (Shien) - This technique provides you + 1 LD and FD damage every round and every third round you takes just half amount of LD.

Cin Drallig (Niman)- Allowed only for Force Class. You are allowed to use Force Push and Slash twice in the combat.

Mace Windu (Vaapad/Juyo) Most agressive form of all, allowed only to Lightsaber Class. the Force channels through you and allows you to use twice Strike and Counter Strike abilities.

Everyone who is interested, write your class below and make a teams if you want (It will be much easier to make your missions).

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Choose your affliction : Jedi or Sith

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I confess that have experience with such things in having played games such as KotOR, KotOR II and TOR, but I simply dislike the notion of dealing with all these numbers.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have interest in this. Looking like its all coming together

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: I said in OP that my english starts to suck once I get into harder words.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good but i know nothing about starwars

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

Sure

Affiliation: Sith

Class:Sorcerer

Skills:Push ,drain

Mentor :Cin Drallig (Niman)

also what about non force skills? ( blasters ,enginering, driveing, knowlege,) that sort of thing

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wut

Mmmm, why not?

Affiliation: Jedi

Class: Guardian

Skills: Strike, Force Pull

Mentor: Dooku (Makashi)

HP: 20

FP: 15

LD: 10

FD: 5

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Write your stats. And I was thinking about non force skills but that would be extremely hard for me unless you wouldnt cheat and fairly count it into your stats.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

HP 15

FP 20

LD 5

FD 10

i would not and it would add more flexability to this