Star Wars no canon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marcanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok this is going quite interesting.I heared that Disney stated that everything in expanded universe is not canon anymore.

Is it true?

If it is then i think this is end of ShootingNova,JediXMan,Silver2467 and more ,,professionals,, in terms of Battles from Star Wars universe :D.

Dont take it bad but i think at least ppl will now have fresh air in thinking on that side of forums since no one can say now:Well that guy is much stronger because he can destroy entire fleets with his lightning fingers.

Just my opinion.What do you think?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the EU is not canon anymore. But I guess we'll find out when the movies are released.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

I don't think they have come out and actually stated anything, for the most part all it is is rumors. I would imagine the post-ROTJ EU would all be , but every single thing of the EU? I don't see that.

Marcanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there definitly will be something from EU but you must agree that most of the this new characters are just too overpowered to be used in movies.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I'm not surprised that they said the EU, at least a large portion of it, won't be considered canon. I've had countless debates with people over the years in which I insisted that the EU has no real hold on the canon. The end all be all of what counts in Star Wars is the movie, everything else was just fluff and filler to fill in gaps the movie didn't address. And it seems like Disney agreed with me.

Also Disney wouldn't want to be stuck to the EU stuff post the original trilogy, especially since a lot of it is, well stupid. I don't mean that as an insult just as fact. Disney is going to do their own storyline for the new trilogy and it is easily for the best imo.

Marcanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcanon

@mchotcakes: well i think that history of Star Wars before movies is quite interesting but after rotj universe is just tons of junk mixed with few interesting ideas.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator
Marcanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Yea but that post looks to be owned by that kind of ppl i dont like.The ones who knows everything.In theyre universe every second char is overpowered.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the Expanded Universe was made no longer canon when the prequels came out. There were things said about characters that were no longer true when George Lucas made them. I feel like Disney will pick and choose what they want to use of the Expanded Universe.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator
@marcanon said:

@jedixman: Yea but that post looks to be owned by that kind of ppl i dont like.The ones who knows everything.In theyre universe every second char is overpowered.

What are you referring to? The article, or the creator of that thread (me)?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has yet to be officially confirmed.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

It's yet to be confirmed. But I imagine it is. I just hope that it is for a reason, as in the EU would have massively inflicted upon the films. If it's just to make it easy for themselves, I shall be more annoyed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. Never got into that stuff

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I'm only really interested in the stuff set way before the movies. And I don't think any future movies will explore the Old Republic period.

My approach to the EU is that I avoid anything that contains any character from the movies.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JediXMan  Moderator