Star Wars Marvel/DC Counter-Parts

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The concept is simple: who do you believe in the DC and/or Marvel Universe would be the best counter-part for any and all Star Wars characters?

For example (not accurate, just to show the idea), Boba Fett: Deathstroke. Then you'd state why you think Deathstroke is the character most similar to Boba Fett.

Got it? Good. Have fun!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By GTG12

@k4tzm4n: Is that a picture of you haha.

Luke Skywalker: Superman

Both raised on a farm and both are "chosen ones" in their best stories. They are both boy scouts (though luke did go to the dark side in the EU) and thats what I can think of at the top of my head.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jorgevy

@GTG12: what? Luke did what in EU? OH GOD WHY

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Boba Fett = Deathstroke.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Silver2467
@GTG12 said:

@k4tzm4n: Is that a picture of you haha.

Luke Skywalker: Superman

Both raised on a farm and both are "chosen ones" in their best stories. They are both boy scouts (though luke did go to the dark side in the EU) and thats what I can think of at the top of my head.

No, Luke never turned to the dark side, and there is very little similarity between Luke and Superman other than that they were raised on farms. 

@JediXMan said:

Boba Fett = Deathstroke.

Can you think of a Punisher analog in Star Wars? 
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman  Online

Green Lantern Corps = Jedi Order 
Ganthet = Yoda

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

Chewbacca = ………………………………………i got nothing....

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GhostRider29

Anakin Skywalker=Thor. Why? Both have the chance to become the most powerful in their worlds. Both are impatient. Both fear losing their loved ones. Both risked their lives for the sake of others. Both have killed villains. Both can be immature.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silver2467

Blackhole: Joker. Both believe that destruction is an end unto itself, and more than that, both believe that destruction is not only acceptable, it's natural and practically moral.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Han Solo = Guy Gardner

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

Jar Jar Binks = Deadpool....well, for me at least

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

Dr. Doom = Darth Vader.

It's so obvious it's sickeningly easy to see.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

Dr. Doom = Darth Vader.

I see nothing of a kind. Doom does the opposite of hating on himself and lamenting on a life that could have been.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PowerHerc

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

Dr. Doom = Darth Vader.

I see nothing of a kind. Doom does the opposite of hating on himself and lamenting on a life that could have been.

So are you saying there more different than similar? If you are, then I disagree because I think they have far more in common than not. Also, it seems to me that George Lucas borrowed some elements from Dr. Doom when he created Darth Vader.

royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

@royale_with_cheese said:

@PowerHerc said:

Dr. Doom = Darth Vader.

So are you saying there more different than similar? If you are, then I disagree because I think they have far more in common than not. Also, it seems to me that George Lucas borrowed some elements from Dr. Doom when he created Darth Vader.

Please continue to elaborate

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@PowerHerc: What do Doom and Vader have in common besides having scars and wearing armor?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Silver2467:

Hmm...

Here's the thing: Punisher stands out as a murdering vigilante. But well... pretty much everyone in Star Wars kills. I guess maybe... Canderous? I don't know. Actually, I'd say Cable is more like Canderous than Punisher. But even that...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan: I know what you mean. I feel like there is a character who corresponds closely with Punisher, but I am having a hard time placing the name of this character.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jorgevy

Qui gon jinn = ras al ghul

reason: liam neeson

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By GTG12

@Silver2467:

I thought he did for a short period of time??? Also my other point was true they are both chosen ones in star wars its luke from the beginning and some of the best superman stories are the ones where he is a sort of chosen one imo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cattlebattle
@PowerHerc said:

Thats actually a outwardly stated fact by Lucas, that is, Darth Vaders design being somewhat based off Doom........I agree though that they really don't have much in common aside from being a villain and wearing armor
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@GTG12 said:

@Silver2467:

I thought he did for a short period of time???

Luke studied under Palpatine for a time and came close to turning to the dark side, but by his own admission, he never actually turned. A good analogy for what Luke did was that he simply sat alone in a dark room and did nothing. He never accepted what he experienced, he never intended to become part of it, he never chose it as his intended path. He just wallowed in it. Furthermore, how could Luke have actually turned to the dark side when he never even did anything dark? He may have learned under Palpatine, but he was sabotaging the Emperor's efforts, not enforcing them. Quinlan Vos committed far worse acts than Luke, and he arguably never became a dark sider either. 

Also my other point was true they are both chosen ones in star wars its luke from the beginning and some of the best superman stories are the ones where he is a sort of chosen one imo.

Luke is not the Chosen One; Anakin is. Now, Luke is the "chosen one" (though that term was never used in this context to my knowledge) of the Prophecy of Whills, but this is not the Chosen One who would return balance to the Force and the universe. 

None of this really makes any difference though. Luke is not a "chosen one" of great importance (that would be Anakin), and Superman being a "chosen one" in random stories where writers decide that (a trait he shares with many characters who have been written as such) hardly compares them. Luke is not a boy scout. Luke is not a chosen one. Their philosophies, histories, motives, intentions, attitudes, experiences, all of these are very different. As I said, the only real similarity is that both Clark and Luke were raised on farms.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#24  Edited By Deadcool
We all know that Spider-man is Luke Skywalker....
We all know that Spider-man is Luke Skywalker....
He was trained by his Uncle Ben Kenobi...
He was trained by his Uncle Ben Kenobi...
To fight against the Green Side of the force
To fight against the Green Side of the force
And his army of Clone-Avengers!!!
And his army of Clone-Avengers!!!
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467

Just to expand on what I said above, technically, Luke may have committed worse acts in terms of quantity while serving Palpatine than Quin did while serving Dooku. Luke was indirectly responsible for very possibly hundreds or thousands of deaths of Republic and Mon Cal soldiers during the Battle of Mon Calamari. He technically did command certain Imperial personnel while the battle was in progress and could be held accountable (he held himself accountable at least) for particular losses on the Republic force's side. His intentions, however, were to sabotage the Imperial efforts, in which he succeeded as he provided the codes necessary to disable the World Devastators that were thrashing the New Republic military. So although those would be indirect killings that Luke could be faulted for, they are more numerous than Quin's killings. Quin personally carried out assassinations, but his sheer death count is definitely lower than Luke's. So I guess the subject of who made worse decisions while struggling with the dark side is debatable.

"Compassion is a Jedi's strength."
"And how compassionate is it to the friends and relatives of Kyp's victims to see him free and exalted?"
The Jedi Master regarded me warily. "The blood of millions is on my hands, too. The crew of the Death Star. The people slain while I served the Emperor reborn."
I sat forward, resting my elbows on my knees. "The Death Star was a military installation and self-defense, pure and simple. While you served the Emperor, yes, people did die—but you sabotaged the Imperial effort, saving the lives of many more than you killed. In a time when all choices are evil, choosing the least of the evils is a virtue."

--Taken from I, Jedi

Now, relating to Luke only nearly falling to the dark side, several sources have stated this outright (although some have also identified that he turned to the dark side without much exposition on the circumstances of his fall or how submerged in it he became, if he truly did at all). Most notably, The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia points out that Luke merely drew close to the dark side without becoming one with it. Additionally, by Luke's own admission, he has his own doubts that he did in actuality turn to the dark side while learning from Palpatine.

Like other Jedi in the past, Skywalker thought he could learn about and destroy the dark side of the Force by facing it from within. Until Leia arrived and confronted him, he didn't realize how close he had come to being totally corrupted by the dark side.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

"Good. It was supposed to." Mara took a deep breath, and Luke could sense her reluctance. "Look, you're the one in the middle of this. You're the one who has to make the final call on what's going on. But if you want my reading, it all started with that little jaunt you took out to Byss about nine years ago. Where you faced—whatever it was you faced out there."
Luke shivered. "The reborn Emperor."
"Or whatever," Mara said with an odd touch of impatience. "Personally, I'm not convinced it was really him. But that's beside the point. The point was that you decided—stupidly and rather arrogantly, in my opinion—that the best way to stop him would be for you to pretend to join up and let him teach you some of his dark side techniques."
"But I didn't really go over to the dark side," Luke protested, trying to remember those dark days. "I mean, I don't think I did."
Mara shook her head. "Debatable; but it almost doesn't matter. One way or the other, you still willingly dabbled in it. And from that point on, it colored everything you did."
One of Master Yoda's pronouncements floated up from his memory. If once you start down the dark path, his old teacher had warned, forever will it dominate your destiny. "It did, too, didn't it?" he murmured, half to himself, as all the errors and mistakes and, yes, the arrogance of the past nine years rose accusingly before his eyes. "What was I thinking?"
"You weren't thinking," Mara said, an odd mixture of impatience and compassion swirling together in her voice and emotions. "You were reacting, trying to save everyone and do everything. And in the process you came within a split blaster bolt of destroying yourself."

--Taken from Vision of the Future

But anyway, on the topic, reposting a couple of my comments from CL: 

For Grievous, I want to say Metallo, but I am hardly an expert on Corben. So this comparison could be wrong (maybe Phantom or Morpheus or someone who has read more Superman comics than I have can clarify this). As I understand it, Corben was in a car accident, after which he was operated on and laced with cybernetics. The scientist who operated on him chose kryptonite as his power source specifically because he intended for Corben to be a weapon against Superman, whom the scientist considered a threat to the world. This caused Corben to start a vendetta against Superman as his humanity was stolen from him because of him. From what I understand, in at least one incarnation, Corben was also a member of the military. That being the case, these factors compare to Grievous fairly well. Grevious was a respected Kalee general whose homeworld was in constant battle against the Huk. Dooku sabotaged a flight that Grievous had, an accident he blamed on the Jedi and the Republic, leaving him nearly fatally injured. While being sustained in a bacta tank, Grievous was asked by San Hill if he wanted to be remade and serve the Separatists, being promised that the CIS would free his world if he did, which he agreed to. Grievous was left without much humanity but abhorred the notion that he is a droid. The underlying premise is that he was made mostly machine and was misled to attack an enemy that never actually did anything wrong to him, which, if I am not mistaken (though I might be), is similar to Metallo. 

For Durge, Sabretooth might be similar enough. Both are soldiers, both have absolutely no regard for life (they enjoy taking lives, for that matter), both fight their nemeses (Wolverine for Creed; Mandos and Jedi for Durge) purely for the sake of fighting their nemeses, both have comparable attitudes (generally sardonic), both have personal animosities toward a certain person/people, both are long-lived, both have healing factors (obvious similarity). There are probably some other parallels that could be drawn. 

There are probably better answers than these though.
xdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xdm
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They are fat...and they are in the BUSINESS.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@JediXMan said:

Boba Fett = Deathstroke.

I would say Punisher and Boba Fett

Both got their family killed by an organization, making them hold a life long grudge.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Jnr6Lil said:

@JediXMan said:

Boba Fett = Deathstroke.

Both got their family killed by an organization, making them hold a life long grudge.

Boba Fett and Deathstroke have more in common:

- Hired killer

- Has a "code"

- Killer daughter (well, pre-Flashpoint)

- Similar reputation

Punisher.... not really. Punisher fights the "bad guys." Boba Fett and Deathstroke will kill (almost) anyone if the price is right.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@JediXMan said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@JediXMan said:

Boba Fett = Deathstroke.

Boba Fett and Deathstroke have more in common:

- Hired killer

- Has a "code"

- Killer daughter (well, pre-Flashpoint)

- Similar reputation

Punisher.... not really. Punisher fights the "bad guys." Boba Fett and Deathstroke will kill (almost) anyone if the price is right.

Ah yes true.

I would say Yoda is Professor X.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By steelhound56

@Jorgevy said:

Qui gon jinn = ras al ghul

reason: liam neeson

This....

Respect Liam Neeson

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Yoda-Professor X

Beast-Mace Windu

Anakin-Cyclops

Padme-Jean

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lemme just bump this, cause it deserves more attention.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

GROOT

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

GROOT

Where were you 2 years and 2 months ago?! I could have used your help then! lmao

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By Bierschneeman

@arturocalakayvee said:
@bierschneeman said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

GROOT

Where were you 2 years and 2 months ago?! I could have used your help then! lmao

I know right... I usually HATE Threadomancy, but this was worth it. Im glad I could help (does this mean Starlord is Han Solo?)

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C3po is.....Young Justice's Vision....no wait I can do better....Professor Ivo's Android before it started evolving beyond earth.,...no....eh...whatever....

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc:

"It's so obvious it's sickeningly easy to see."

I mean.... They both wear armor? Is that what you're saying?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker:

No, not the armor, per se.

They are both scarred (emotionally and physically), both are incredibly intimidating and commanding, they both want to expand/increase they're power and influence and they both have mystical powers.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: I see what you're saying, but I just don't see it as clear as you're seeing it, I guess.

However, I do agree that Vader's counterpart would be Doom, I think he comes the closest out of everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durge and Deadpool

Both have healing factors, both are mercenaries, both are batshit crazy.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers