Star Wars: Examples of a Light Sith?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

We often hear about the Dark Jedi (Jedi who have fallen to the dark side, or sometimes, just Dark Side users that don't follow the teachings of the Sith i.e Dathomirian Nightsisters and Nightbrothers).

However, I can't think of too many examples of Sith who have turned light, or light siders that aren't a part of the Jedi. I suppose Revan and Starkiller are examples of light Sith, but other than them, I can't think of one.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Darth Malgus and Darth Vectivus were both light side Sith....As am I. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

He used the light side occasionally and wasn't evil, that's good enough in my book.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Galen Marek (Starkiller) was a Jedi though. The Order had been destroyed, but he still considered himself a Jedi and even referred to himself as such at least once.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galen Marek (Starkiller) was a Jedi though. The Order had been destroyed, but he still considered himself a Jedi and even refereed to himself as such at least once.

He started out as a Sith, and then became a Jedi after, and also continued using dark side lightning despite considering himself a Jedi. This makes him a Light Sith in my book.

He used the light side occasionally and wasn't evil, that's good enough in my book.

I'll need to read up on that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Darth Gravid and Sajar.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

Gravid comes to mind. Lumiya thought that Vectivus "walked the line," but I was always skeptical.

Just so we're clear: you really can't be a "light side Sith." That's why I hate that SWTOR makes that an option -_-

Darth Gravid and Sajar.

See? This. This bullcrap is what I'm talking about -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Would Darth Vader count?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarthAznable

Light Sith is impossible. Revan and Starkiller are the only ones that come to mind. Maybe Luke when he went to the Dark Side for a short time...

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman: Hehehe, JXM you seem salty. Back when I had a computer that actually worked, I had a light side Sith Zabrak character in TOR. It seemed right to me that he was kind of born into the world of a Sith, and didn't really have an option on which path to initially choose, but was actually a good person. Y'know? Like, if he wasn't born a slave on Korriban, he would've been a Jedi. I always really liked my character. I think there are some instances where a light side Sith can totally work.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

@jedixman: Hehehe, JXM you seem salty. Back when I had a computer that actually worked, I had a light side Sith Zabrak character in TOR. It seemed right to me that he was kind of born into the world of a Sith, and didn't really have an option on which path to initially choose, but was actually a good person. Y'know? Like, if he wasn't born a slave on Korriban, he would've been a Jedi. I always really liked my character. I think there are some instances where a light side Sith can totally work.

And yet, regardless, he gets the title of "Darth" in the end after all of his light acts.

That. Is. Dumb.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Well duh. He's still a light side SITH after all. It's a Sith title, not necessarily a dark side exclusive title. We've just been associating Darth with the dark side because almost all Sith follow that path. Sure Revan stopped being Darth Revan, but that's because he became a Jedi after being mind wiped.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JediXMan  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

@jedixman: Well duh. He's still a light side SITH after all. It's a Sith title, not necessarily a dark side exclusive title. We've just been associating Darth with the dark side because almost all Sith follow that path. Sure Revan stopped being Darth Revan, but that's because he became a Jedi after being mind wiped.

But you should stop being a Sith if you turn to the light. It's dumb to continue on that path. Unless, for some stupid reason, you became a "spy" for the Jedi *insert long eyeroll here*

Boy, I had fun hunting light Sith with Jaesa... good times.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: But if you don't have the opportunity to become a Jedi, and you still believe in having emotions, and loving others, then why would you stop being a Sith? You can still be a good person without following the extremely restrictive Jedi code. One could make a case for Anakin Skywalker being a light side Sith (before he became an actual dark side one).

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Light Side Sith

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: LOL. You get to be on the Dark Council if you're light sided..... or even the Emperor's Wrath if you're light sided, depending on your class. That is laughable.

Well, it's not canon.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I actually think I'd want a Vectivus novel because of how he was seemingly different from pretty much any Sith. Gravid would be fine as well - but I still want a novel on Tenebrous.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Yeah, Dark Council and Emperor's Wrath is a little much. I stand by my previous comments though.

In regards to a Tenebrous novel: What? First chapter of Plageuis wasn't good enough for you? :P

Nah, I'd kill for one as well. I love Luceno for getting over his initial hesitation and making Tenebrous a Bith. He's such a cool character!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

@jaken7: I suppose. The reason I want Tenebrous is because of the ideas surrounding him.... and because he's a Bith!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@shootingnova: Which specific ideas? And yeah! I want him to have a chidinkalu horn that doubles as a lightsaber. Lol.

EDIT: I think I mixed up a chidinkalu horn with a Kloo horn. Oopsie.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gravid definitly. But I think Ventress could be too. Darth Revan was too. Problem is that light Sith wont survive long in this Order.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress wasn't a Sith.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Penderor
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I always wondered why we called it the light side of the force, since the opposite of Dark is Bright, plus Bright sounds better.

Darth Gravid and Sajar.

If there is a light sith, then he is a good prototype.

Sith's main rule is seaking power, so I don't see how seeking it through the light side is unimaginable. Love is a powerful emotion that has been proven again and again in Star wars.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: For me is totally inlogical the fact, that Sith are killing their victims. If they seek power, then only the beating of the enemy should be enough? Killing is nonsense.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@penderor said:

@squalleon: For me is totally inlogical the fact, that Sith are killing their victims. If they seek power, then only the beating of the enemy should be enough? Killing is nonsense.

There isn't any rule that says that Sith should kill their enemies. They just do so they don't have trouble later. Even the jedi kill their enemies some times.