User Lists: 0

Sorry if I forgot to tag someone.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

It seems fan made but i can't wait although i'm still pissed that the EU is no longer canon (well at least that what i keep hearing).

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Felt like a really good fanmade trailer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7 JediXMan  Moderator

It absolutely looks like a fan film. That is also the worst lightsaber I have ever seen - not by design, but the blade effects. They look bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

It absolutely looks like a fan film. That is also the worst lightsaber I have ever seen - not by design, but the blade effects. They look bad.

This was my exact first reaction too, lol.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Heinrich7

Well I am using a lot of optimism when it comes to this film. However I think as of yet we cannot judge how good it will be. I do think though that it looks fan made. As far as the stormtrooper helmets they just added on the connector line to their eyes from their mouth, I didn't expect something major but I expected this. The light saber looks awkward I agree.

I do think it looks fan made. But who knows, can we really get worse then Jar Jar Binks? : I

Also did you guys notice how EVERYTHING flies close to the ground/water? I thought that was funny. Those X-Wings are flying so close, a foot or so more and they'd get dragged under the water.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Shouldn't this be in off-topic?

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my body died when john Williams score came on

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13 JediXMan  Moderator
Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heinrich7

@darth_necray:

That's the one we are talking about lol xD

Some people on YouTube think that ball like droid is the new Jar Jar....

fil123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@jedixman said:

This was my exact first reaction too, lol.

nooo the point is to actually show energy flowing through, instead of a bar like the previous movies. Looks perfect, because thats what its supposed to look like

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling these aren't the finished effects.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Heinrich7

I do hope the rumours about Vader coming back aren't true. I'd rather see a post imperial remnant led by Admirals and Generals. While Sith can be more freelance, not necessarily running everything. I'd like a KOTOR 2 like exploring the Light, Grey, and Dark sides of the force and why people go down those respective paths.

I also wouldn't mind a retelling of a Dark Empire scenario.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

My word you guys are whinny.

It doesn't look fan made. That's just idiotic.

The lightsaber looks badass, and the effects on it make it look more sinister. Yes it looks like it might be a 'cheaper' saber, but maybe that guy made it himself? After the fall of the empire, it might be difficult for a Sith lord to get a saber

Does no one understand the purpose of this kind of teaser? WE GOT TO SEE NEW FOOTAGE OF THE FALCON FIGHTING TIE FIGHTERS. If that doesn't get you jazzed, you're not a real fan.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Heinrich7

@eyedcyou:

It could be ancient too. Some people have been theorizing this, it looks like an older style lightsaber.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou:

It could be ancient too. Some people have been theorizing this, it looks like an older style lightsaber.

Didn't even think about that. That could be very possible.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Does no one understand the purpose of this kind of teaser? WE GOT TO SEE NEW FOOTAGE OF THE FALCON FIGHTING TIE FIGHTERS. If that doesn't get you jazzed, you're not a real fan.

Gotta agree with you. This teaser was pretty satisfying for me at least. We're all hunger for some new STAR WARS and it gave just enough for us to snack on without filling up our entire stomachs, leaving us wanting more....if that makes any sense!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: Exactly. The movie doesn't come out for over a year. This was supposed to leave you wanting more.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@shazam117: Exactly. The movie doesn't come out for over a year. This was supposed to leave you wanting more.

I just envy those that get to go to SDCC next year, which they'll get to see even more.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cave_Duck

My theory on the blade effect is that its an unstable crystal effect- like in the games when you can select from 46 different hues, the unstable ones look like that. (I'll bite me tongue about the cross blades though.)

The ships flying close to the ground was awesome, they're supposed to have mega-computers and droids helping them out, and pilots can fly pretty close to the deck nowdays without an R2 unit.

I'm looking forward to this, seeing the new Stormtroopers in action too was great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was very meh. I love star wars but I'm not sure if its gonna be good without anakin or Darth Vader. Otherwise it'll feel like a fanmade film to me. I've seen quite a few fanmade films and this looks like another one, if it wasnt for Harrison Ford showing up.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cave_Duck
No Caption Provided

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea that the Dark Side guy is scratching together Sith legends and hints from the Force to rebuild the Sith order. That's why his lightsaber looks a little different. He was partly reinventing the wheel.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh thank god they got rid of the clones.........

Can we just be happy to see a normal lightsaber??????

I like the blocky speeder.......

Not going to lie, those X-Wings looked cool.....

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I could have sword it was fake.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TimeLordScience

I think it looks neat. Whatever they do can't be worse than Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

By god - this looks awful. The only thing that redeemed it for me was that awesome Sith with the lightsaber!

- TAS

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Penderor

@jedixman said:

I have the feeling it looks like those blade in Dark Forces and those old Star Wars games.

Also, the argument that this lightsaber was created the amateur way is sort of stupid. Or someone is trying to tell that 10 years old Padawans can create better lightsabers than the Sith?

Also, if his saber is created by amateur, how did he managed to do those two smaller blades on sides?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator

Best bit of the trailer was in the second viewing when I was like, 'wait, is that Benedict Cumberbatch?'

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By JakeN7

@rogueshadow said:

Best bit of the trailer was in the second viewing when I was like, 'wait, is that Benedict Cumberbatch?'

Wait...is it though!? Now that you mention it, I can't stop hearing the pitch and tone of Smaug combined with the annunciation of Sherlock.

Abrams and Cumberbatch Comeback Tour 2015?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

Wait...is it though!? Now that you mention it, I can't stop hearing the pitch and tone of Smaug combined with the annunciation of Sherlock.

I'm not sure. I'm really hoping it is though. I'm picturing Max Von Sydow as the Master, Cumberbatch as his apprentice and Lupita Nyong'o as Cumberbatch's secret apprentice right now.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow said:

I'm not sure. I'm really hoping it is though. I'm picturing Max Von Sydow as the Master, Cumberbatch as his apprentice and Lupita Nyong'o as Cumberbatch's secret apprentice right now.

I'm crossing my fingers. But wasn't Adam Driver playing a Sith as well though?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7: They caught an image of him in Rebel regalia a couple of months ago:

No Caption Provided

While he still could be a villain in disguise or something, this makes it less likely.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Oh interesting! Weird. I could've sworn it was official word from Lucasfilm that Driver was playing a Sith. Or at least a villain. How confusing. Lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jaken7: Maybe he's some kind of Bounty Hunter? Or maybe he turns to the dark side at the end of the film or something? I dunno, as long as it's awesome.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Maybe he's some kind of Bounty Hunter? Or maybe he turns to the dark side at the end of the film or something? I dunno, as long as it's awesome.

Basically all of my feelings about this movie. Lol

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JakeN7

@rogueshadow: So guess what I found out? Kind of a good news/bad news thing. Bad news is that it's not Cumberbatch. Good news is that it's Andy Serkis! They said "He's playing a pivotal role in the film, although he will not have a lot of screen time." That leads to me speculating that maybe the big bad of the new trilogy, or just an important character, will not quite be human. Why else would you cast Andy Serkis unless it's in a role that requires heavy mo-cap work?

Here's where I saw it (they even addressed the fact that it sounds a lot like Cumberbatch): https://tv.yahoo.com/news/reveal-true-identity-mysterious-narrator-032000005.html

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: So guess what I found out? Kind of a good news/bad news thing. Bad news is that it's not Cumberbatch.

No Caption Provided

Good news is that it's Andy Serkis!

No Caption Provided

They said "He's playing a pivotal role in the film, although he will not have a lot of screen time." That leads to me speculating that maybe the big bad of the new trilogy, or just an important character, will not quite be human. Why else would you cast Andy Serkis unless it's in a role that requires heavy mo-cap work?

Here's where I saw it (they even addressed that fact that it sounds a lot like Cumberbatch): https://tv.yahoo.com/news/reveal-true-identity-mysterious-narrator-032000005.html

I'm expecting this to be like David Prowse and James Earl Jones. Somebody else (probably very tall) will do the physical stuff with the mask on, but Serkis will do the voice. I bet at some point the mask will get blown off and then Serkis will mo-cap an alien face.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually thought it was Max von Sydow doing the narration.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JakeN7

@rogueshadow said:
@jaken7 said:

@rogueshadow: So guess what I found out? Kind of a good news/bad news thing. Bad news is that it's not Cumberbatch.

No Caption Provided

Good news is that it's Andy Serkis!

No Caption Provided

They said "He's playing a pivotal role in the film, although he will not have a lot of screen time." That leads to me speculating that maybe the big bad of the new trilogy, or just an important character, will not quite be human. Why else would you cast Andy Serkis unless it's in a role that requires heavy mo-cap work?

Here's where I saw it (they even addressed that fact that it sounds a lot like Cumberbatch): https://tv.yahoo.com/news/reveal-true-identity-mysterious-narrator-032000005.html

I'm expecting this to be like David Prowse and James Earl Jones. Somebody else (probably very tall) will do the physical stuff with the mask on, but Serkis will do the voice. I bet at some point the mask will get blown off and then Serkis will mo-cap an alien face.

L...M...F...A...O xD

That could very well be the case.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Heinrich7

@cave_duck:

That sounds reasonable. My guess also as to why they are flying so close to the ground and water surface areas is that the director wants to take advantage of modern CGI, we could see a lot more tight spot dogfighting. Thankfully they aren't playstation 2 graphics anymore. So they won't look completely fake like they did 10 years ago. Or when the special editions came out and had a computer generated plastic looking tattooine.

One thing we can say for sure is that CGI is finally ready. It's matured and I think it's truly ready for prime time. I personally don't mind if they go full CG this time. But in 1990-2005 it was just too primitive.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heinrich7: I just hope that actors will actual be in fight. If they will made the duels absolutely CGI, I will be crying for a money loose. One from the biggest reasons I liked the new trilogy was, that the choreography was good + it was mostly a real fight.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dayvid3

@malonius said:

I like the idea that the Dark Side guy is scratching together Sith legends and hints from the Force to rebuild the Sith order. That's why his lightsaber looks a little different. He was partly reinventing the wheel.

I like that idea too

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't help but grin when the theme music played over the Falcon fighting.

I also like the idea of that being an ancient lightsaber, made before the technology was perfected, it would explain it's apperance

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Soccerball droid >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything from the PT