Star Wars Character Tiering - 10-1

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@darthant66:

1. Give me a five-point explanation for why I should sign up there, and the reasons have to be better than the ones I have for not going there. lol

2. LOL. Omniscient attitude.

No, I don't think it's serious, I think it's extremely irritating. One of the reasons why I'm not willing to sign up at KMC.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: Also, lol @ calling ILS for backup on KMC to try to persuade Bart that you're not a troll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Here is ILS on KMC, btw. He's way funny there then you see him here. :p

Funny enough here on the battles forum and off-topic.

This is true, my antics on off-topic outweigh anything ever done on KMC.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: Every excuse sux except for you being scared that you'll be banned. And I don't see why you should be banned for continuing the discussion. Enlighten me on that, your highness?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By ShootingNova

@darthant66: Didn't you see that I said "LOL"?

LOL, please don't think that I'm taking you seriously. I'm really not. As far as I know, about 1% of KMC should be taken seriously, since you spend so much time joking in your debates.

@i_like_swords said:

Yeah, it's called the Star Wars Versus board

Ah, I see... lol

For realz?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't know me then.

Not really, no. I know you're a good troll that likes to hide under bridges.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By ShootingNova

@darthant66:

1. Who is Beni?

2. I thought you just felt that we're too stupid to discuss things with? Why do you people insist on coming over here, then, if you don't like it here?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: We're going off-topic, though, so you should take this to a PM.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By ShootingNova

@darthant66:

1. LOL. You really have to stop about this "head debater" stuff. And I don't follow people on SWTOR forums. I've been there and it was a horrible experience.

2. You kind of did, actually, and I meant KMC in general. Anyways, take it to a PM. And make Bart part of it.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now, to put this back on track... @i_like_swords, you gonna make those changes?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And back on topic... Revan vs Traya. ILS, you should put Revan above her.

In lightsaber combat.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: Nah. Her actual feats are better. Or at least, it's debatable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread be like;

No Caption Provided

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Kind of have it the other way around, things are cooling down now.

So..... Revan > Traya in lightsabers, Traya > Revan in Force.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By ShootingNova
TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So we can go back to debating Star Wars characters now?

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why is Lumiya tier 8?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: What do you mean "why is Lumiya tier 8?" She deserves to be in tier 8, maybe the bottom of tier 9.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Woah there Kemosabe, I meant to the extent that she should be tier 9 based on beating Luke and fighting evenly with him in Sacrifice.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: I don't know. There's plenty of circumstances, and she has her low showings too.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooooo Bane in the lower end of Tier 7 for dueling and lower Tier 8 for Force power?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Probably a bit higher for dueling but something like that, yes.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage Opress?, Kyp Durron, Galen Marek for saber skill?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: Kyp has to be in a similar tier to Kyle for lightsaber skill. Galen, I don't know. Probably somewhere below Shaak, but only just.

Savage is hard to gauge. It we're judging solely lightsaber refinery, he isn't going to be very much. If we're talking about his overall performances in fights, then he should be in a similar tier to Obi-Wan or so but beneath them by a considerable amount.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: In regards to Savage, are we factoring in his durability and strength advantages for his overal performances in fights?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By ShootingNova

@thevivas: Basically. Although the list seems to just be raw skill, in which case Savage isn't anything special. I wouldn't put him above Shaak.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I agree with that. He's definitely above Aurra and Tholme, though, I would assume?

Also, where exactly do you see Bane for lightsaber skill? I think he should be around Ki Adi Mundi and Krayt to be honest.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@i_like_swords: Why is Nihilus still Tier 8 Force Powers? He is far greater than Yoda's feats of anything via power of TK and Life Drain ability, its ridicules.

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@darthant66 said:

@shootingnova: While I was looking for stuff for tomorrow, I found this:

No Caption Provided

Good find. Should put a end to the whole Tobin stated debate. Its a wekaness for him as he spends energy holding the ship together.

@shootingnova said:

@darthant66: Actually, screw what I said. I read the quote wrong. Nihilus holds the ship together, which is granted. I was talking about the original act of raising the ship from Malachor V.

In any event, the quote also references Nihilus holding the ship together in present tense, just like Tobin, meaning he actively does it, but even after he dies, the ship remains intact, so it can't have been a continuous act.

Unless Yoda has shown force strength of that caliber, Nihilus should be above him easy as far as raw Force Power.

Tier 9

1. Yoda
  2. Darth Plagueis
  3. Starkiller
  4. Kyp Durron / Darth Caedus

Seriously?! That level of force power is below Starkiller or Cadeus? No freaking way. He would over power all these guys with his power. Plagueis, what has he done force wise to be so up there? Could he survive the TK of Nihilus? Has Plagueis wipes out all life on a planet by talking over it? I doubt it.

Fix this bro!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By ShootingNova

@sirfizzwhizz: Starkiller has erected shields capable of resisting drops of heat comparable to those of the outer layers of a star whilst simultaneously disintegrating half of a 300m frigate, and that was without circumstances.

Nihilus would easily be up there if his telekinetic abilities can be properly cleared. Yoda would actually stomp that party. At the moment, Nihilus is mostly impressive at Drain. It's his main tool, and to an extent its a product of his nature. It's an instinctive thing which he can't really control. That's probably the reason why he isn't as high as some of the others.

Also, ILS, you should add Joruus and Gethzerion etc.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this list going to include different versions of characters or just at their best?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Presumably at their best only, but then, since this thread was originally intended as a guide for where characters should measure up, I think it's a decent idea to have versions of characters as well. For instance, RotJ Luke should be equal to Anakin/Vader in skill, and equal or just above Obi-Wan in power. Currently, as of Crucible, Luke is depowered, and apparently to Obi-Wan-level again. Then there's DE Luke, who should be above Mace and Dooku but below Yoda and Palpatine in lightsaber skill, and in power, above Revan (not sure if he's above Traya, yet), somewhere around there. NJO Luke is obviously the highest in either power or skill. Legacy era Luke technically hasn't done anything to suggest he improved in skill, partly because he doesn't really have any feats that NJO Luke wouldn't be able to accomplish, and his consistency is horrendous. It's acceptable for his power showings to be superior (although it's debatable), but the consistency there is also quite bad.

Something like that would b useful. The only issue is that almost all characters have that, so it ends up being extremely confusing and frustrating. Maybe we could list just the commonly used different versions of characters in threads (versions of characters like Luke, Palpatine, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Maul, Vader, Revan, etc.). There should be distinguishments between the Exile and Meetra Surik due to considerable differences in character nature, and there should be distinguishments between A'Sharad Hett and Darth Krayt, just as there is with Anakin and Vader.

We kind of don't want to overload @i_like_swords, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: The wait I'm going to work the list is having characters at their peak for each respective area. For example, I would only factor in Obi-Wan at his peak during RotS for lightsaber dueling and all-out, whereas for the Force power list I would use ANH Kenobi since his connection to the Force grew as well as his strength. I think adding multiple versions may get a bit confusing but we could do it down the road.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Not to disagree with where Darth Maul is placed overall, but what is it that distinctly puts him above the people in the sub-tier below him? He seems to be even with those people in dueling skill considering they’re rated at the same tier he is in that area, and he’s not that far above him in force power. I know Maul is more physically imposing than those people, but so is General Greivous and I doubt he’d be above them.

I also feel like Sora Bulq is a bit high…he lost to Quinlan Vos who’s not that impressive himself.