Star Wars 7 vs Avengers 2

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Which movie are you looking forward to more? Also which movie do you think will gross more?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avengers: Age of Ultron. I never was very fond of Star Wars, and couldn't care less which makes more in the box office. Either way they're both owned by Disney so they'll be the ones getting all the booty.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love Star Wars but I'm going to be a little bit cautious about the film (just wait for a trailer or something before I get hopes up way too high or something)

Avengers 2 on the other hand I couldn't be more excited about, I think it will gross more as well

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Episode VII.

1. It's Star Wars.
  2. Directed by JJ Abrams.
  3. In a return to form.
  4. With the old cast.
  5. And a new, awesome cast.

I don't really care about Avengers: Age of Ultron. I'll see it, but I'm not the biggest fan of the first Avengers movie or Joss Whedon.

I feel like their grosses will be neck and neck. But I'll give it to Star Wars since it's been away for awhile and people are both curious and excited.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

More excited about Star Wars. Probably my favorite franchise of all time. I think AoU will gross more, unless ep. 7 is just mind blowing.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers in Popeye-stomp! lock da thread.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EPVII

When another director took the directors seat for STAR WARS we got "Empire Strikes Back" (one of the if not THE greatest sci-fi/sequels ever made), so I'm very much looking foward to a George Lucas-less STAR WARS film at this point.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Avengers is the one that I am most excited for and the one that I believe will gross more.

The Avengers brand has surpassed the Star Wars brand for today's viewers I believe. Especially whenever you consider the fact that the last three star wars movies were not very well received. I think that Star Wars will do very well, just not Avengers well.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more excited about star wars and I think it'll be the highest grossing film of the year. A:AoU will be the third highest grossing film of 2015, right after Fast and Furious 7.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more excited about star wars and I think it'll be the highest grossing film of the year. A:AoU will be the third highest grossing film of 2015, right after Fast and Furious 7.

That's a bold statement.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

That's a bold statement.

I have faith

It's most likely wrong though.....but Fast7 will easily pass 1 billion

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

That's a bold statement.

I have faith

Why?

Fast and Furious 6 didn't even pass the billion mark.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

@eyedcyou said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

That's a bold statement.

I have faith

Why?

Fast and Furious 6 didn't even pass the billion mark.

The death of Paul will boost sales.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you compare these two.

Star Wars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any Marvel team.

wundagoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Avengers made me feel as psyched coming out of the theater as an adult as Star Wars Ep IV did when I was 9. It think Avengers 2 is more likely to recapture that feeling than another Star Wars film.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm more excited for Avengers 2: Age of Ultron than any other film coming out next year (Okay, maybe I'm as excited for Ant-man as I'm excited for A2AOU). Never really cared for Star Wars, but I did like Empire Strikes Back though.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@penderor said:

That's a matter of opinion.

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker: What about you Matt?

I'm definitely looking forward to Avengers 2 more, but i am cautiously optimistic about starwars 7. I think they'll both make a lot, but i would guess Avengers 2 would gross more.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EyeDCyou

@matthewparker: Yeah I think Avengers will gross more most likely.. Star Wars will probably do 1B but avengers will do 1.5ish. I'm just thrilled for Star Wars because I love that franchise.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm more excited for Star Wars. I was pretty disapointed by the first Avengers...and the New Star Wars will be directed by JJAbrams & his movies haven't disapointed me for the moment. Also : IT'sS FREAKING STAR WARS GOD DAMMIT!

There's been some guys on this thread that said that Avengers2 will make more money. It's pretty IMPOSSIBLE. EVERYONE will go see Star Wars. The only film that can compete with the probable Star Wars box office may be Justice League ( but that's still something i only think ).

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eyedcyou said:

More excited about Star Wars. Probably my favorite franchise of all time. I think AoU will gross more, unless ep. 7 is just mind blowing.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: So Avengers can't compete with Star Wars but Justice League can.... Riiighhhttttttttt....

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And don't give me the "they're more popular" line because the first Avengers proved a lot more than that.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Penderor

@matthewparker: Matter of opinion like 80% of human population that posses knowledge of those two franchises?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Avengers will probably make more because it has positive momentum. Episode 7 has to get off the stigma of the prequels.

If Ep 7 is good/great though, Ep 8 will destroy everyone. If you adjust for Inflation or count ticket sales A New Hope still slaughters even Avatar.

But really,no one competes with Star Wars. Star Wars has changed human culture on a world wide scale for good. Avengers aren't even mention able in the same sentence in that regard. Even if you're one of the crazies who doesn't like Star Wars, there is NO BODY who doesn't know what Star War is or hasn't come across something that has been inspired by Star Wars. Phrases like "Use the Force" or "That's no Moon" come up so many times in various forms of media. Star Wars has inspired generations of people from film makers to fans. Its impossible to downplay Star Wars and its importance to the history of human culture. Avengers has never and will never claim that type of power.

Star Wars is a one and a lifetime type concept that will probably never happen again. At least not in our lifetimes. If they return to form nothing will compete.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Pretty much.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Ep 7 is good/great though, Ep 8 will destroy everyone. If you adjust for Inflation or count ticket sales A New Hope still slaughters even Avatar.

But really,no one competes with Star Wars. Star Wars has changed human culture on a world wide scale for good. Avengers aren't even mention able in the same sentence in that regard. Even if you're one of the crazies who doesn't like Star Wars, there is NO BODY who doesn't know what Star War is or hasn't come across something that has been inspired by Star Wars. Phrases like "Use the Force" or "That's no Moon" come up so many times in various forms of media. Star Wars has inspired generations of people from film makers to fans. Its impossible to downplay Star Wars and its importance to the history of human culture. Avengers has never and will never claim that type of power.

Star Wars is a one and a lifetime type concept that will probably never happen again. At least not in our lifetimes. If they return to form nothing will compete.

Actuallyyyy... Avatar still grossed more than Star Wars after inflation. Star Wars is 3rd behind Gone with the Wind & Avatar. But I agree Star Wars is still a bigger and more important brand. This new trilogy has the ability to change everything.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@eyedcyou: It wasn't that much higher. I did the math. A New Hope sold about 347m tickets. Avatar was 371. But I did the math on the cost of the average ticket price. Avatar's would have not been the average, it would have almost exclusively been the high cost because it was such a huge 3D film.

If you factor in even a 50 cent increase in the average ticket cost for Avatar it loses to a new hope. and 3D ticket prices cost like...1.5x the average ticket price and 2x if you're going to an IMAX/Ultrascreen/whatever. So it would have been a lot lower.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: It wasn't that much higher. I did the math. A New Hope sold about 347m tickets. Avatar was 371. But I did the math on the cost of the average ticket price. Avatar's would have not been the average, it would have almost exclusively been the high cost because it was such a huge 3D film.

If you factor in even a 50 cent increase in the average ticket cost for Avatar it loses to a new hope. and 3D ticket prices cost like...1.5x the average ticket price and 2x if you're going to an IMAX/Ultrascreen/whatever. So it would have been a lot lower.

Yeah i guess those are true. I was just using the raw gross.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Tickets sold is really the ultimate factor. Especially now with 3D prices jacking up the box offices.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Yeah that's really true. Star Wars is still the most profitable film franchise of all time by far.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@eyedcyou said:

@fallschirmjager: Yeah that's really true. Star Wars is still the most profitable film franchise of all time by far.

And as I said, its impact on culture is unrivaled. For all the money that Avatar made, no one really cares about the 3 sequels they're making.

Star Wars impact on humanity is almost impossible to describe, regardless if you like it or not (and who wants to know anyone who doesn't like star wars, anyway?)

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

And as I said, its impact on culture is unrivaled. For all the money that Avatar made, no one really cares about the 3 sequels they're making.

Star Wars impact on humanity is almost impossible to describe, regardless if you like it or not (and who wants to know anyone who doesn't like star wars, anyway?)

Actually I forgot about James Bond... that franchise made more... but they're cheating... they have 24 films. But yeah, the impact on fandom that star wars created is unrivaled.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Harry Potter might have made more.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am more excited foe Star Wars EP VII, although I think Avengers: AOU will gross more t the BO

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Harry Potter might have made more.

Nah I checked. It's veryyyy close, but Star Wars made more. HP also had 8 films where Star Wars has 6.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@eyedcyou: I didn't say it was fair, just that it was a possibility.

I was actually surprised about James Bond, I sort of forgot about it. I didn't even realize Skyfall was a 1b dollar film lol. (great movie though)

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These people comparing a marvel to freaking star wars? Are u kidding me. Stars wars changes a generation. It can not be topped. I don't care how big marvel is in the moment