Stan lee wasn't in Days of Future past?!

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

I just realized he wasn't in it, or at least I didn't see him, does anyone know why?...actually now that I think about it, did he appear in the other X-Men movies?

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good point. I think you're right.

He was in Spidey though.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Are you sure he wasn't in there, I wanna say he was, but I can't remember...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

While I was waiting through the credits for the after-credit scene I realized that I didn't see him either. I don't believe he was in it. It's a bit odd, seeing as he was in all three of the original X-Men movies. Though, then again, I don't think he was in First Class either.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Imagine if he was one of the corpses from the first scene.

Or a human being led through the camps along the mutants.

Or, what if Stan Lee was one of the guards?

"MOVE IT, YA FILTHY MUTIE!"

You read that in his voice, didn't you?

Didn't you?

Didn't you.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

He's missed a lot of the X-Men movies. I don't believe he was in X2, Origins, The Wolverine or First Class either.

The movie was fine without him. I totally forgot about it until after the fact which is praise to how good the film is.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I feel like his cameos aren't as great as they use to be. Some of the cameos work, while some just feel forced. Like his cameos in The Winter Soldier and Incredible Hulk were great, but I didn't care much for his cameo in ASM2.

@fallschirmjager: Though ironically he was in X3. xD

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@war_killer: He was in X1 too.

But yeah most of them are meh at this point. Favorite one is ASM1.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, I just found it a bit ironic that he would be in X1, but not X2, yet appeared in X3. X2, at the time, was arguable the best X-Movie in the franchise, but he instead cameos on X3 which is probably the worst X-movie. Just a bit odd when you think about it. xD

I liked that cameo, but I also found his smaller cameos from Spider-Man 1 and 2 where he's just some guy pulling an innocent bystander out of the way of falling debris. Back then you had to actually look for him, but nowadays they make it clear and obvious that he's there. Now some are well placed, but others feel forced at times. Like the ASM2 one felt forced to me, and for the first time I actually didn't smile or laugh when he appeared. it actually surprised me a bit because his cameo in The Winter Soldier did the exact opposite for me.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's in tHe future camps scene briefly. He was on X2 as well as a tourist in tHe beginning. Stan Lee wasn't in THe PunisHer's movies, Blade movies, GHost Rider movies, and He wasn't in First Class.

NaH, I'm joking. He doesn't always appear in Marvel movies due to His scHedule.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Because he didn't write the story?!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found an interview where Stan Lee addresses why he didn't cameo in the movie...I found his theory pretty hilarious. xD

But the 91-year-old legend says he has a "funny theory" about his absence in the new summer blockbuster.

"It could also be they didn't want me to do the cameo, because without my cameo the movie will make more money," said Lee.

Huh?

"Somebody watches the movie, and the movie ends, and the person says: 'Wow, I didn't see Stan’s cameo. I must have missed it.' So what do they do? Right back to the box office, buy another ticket, and watch the movie again," said Lee.

"I think it’s a big money making ploy on the part of the producers," he says.

Seriously, Stan is "the man." Great guy all around.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny story

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@m3th said:

He's in tHe future camps scene briefly. He was on X2 as well as a tourist in tHe beginning. Stan Lee wasn't in THe PunisHer's movies, Blade movies, GHost Rider movies, and He wasn't in First Class.

Think it has more to do with the line he dropped about not being in Guardians of the Galaxy; he only makes those appearances when it's with characters he's created. (if he will show up in GoG remains to be seen, he seemed to leave an opening)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Claremont and Len Wein appeared instead.

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Billy Batson

@m3th said:

Think it has more to do with the line he dropped about not being in Guardians of the Galaxy; he only makes those appearances when it's with characters he's created. (if he will show up in GoG remains to be seen, he seemed to leave an opening)

He did co-create one of the members, Groot but he forgot about it because he was an one-off character back then.

BB

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: But he made Groot! that counts doesn't it?

I personally believe any Marvel movie that doesn't offer him a cameo will be cursed.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stan said earlier this year that the shooting schedule clashed with a bunch of fan meet ups and he'd rather hang out with his friends them be in the movie, I really need to high five that guy.

captinduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Stan Lee, the man who had a hand in creating most of the Marvel Universe, has become known in recent years for his frequent cameo appearances in movies based on Marvel Comics characters. As co-creator of the X-Men, you might expect him to appear in X-Men: Days of Future Past, but he is actually absent from the film.

Speaking to CNN, Lee offered two possible explanation. The first is rather innocuous: due to a schedule conflict, he simply wasn’t able to take the time to travel to the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past during filming. The other explanation that he, jokingly, offers is a bit more underhanded.

“I have a funny theory about it,” Lee says. “It also could be they didn’t want me to do the cameo because, without my cameo, the movie will make more money…You see, somebody watches the movie and the movie ends and the person says, ‘Wow, I didn’t see Stan’s cameo. I must have missed it.’ So what do they do? Right back to the box office, buy another ticket, and watch the movie again. So I think it’s a big moneymaking ploy on the part of the producers.”

Perhaps Lee’s missing cameo accounts for X-Men: Days of Future Past’s stunning box office sales numbers during its holiday weekend debut.

Stan said earlier this year that the shooting schedule clashed with a bunch of fan meet ups and he'd rather hang out with his friends them be in the movie, I really need to high five that guy.

yep