Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vivide
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

some fans will hate the fight BS, Darkseid did okay as bruce spent most of the time running away and looking for Damian and got a 'hail mary' win (not to mention second wind). Most people will focus on the feelgood part where damian gets back and ignore the fight (if you can call it that).

happy bruce died

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I though it was pretty good. Very interesting things happen but for the most part I liked it.

8.7/10

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I heard DS got blind, was that during the batman & robin or after aquaman stabbed a trident to his eyes on early justice league?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

I heard DS got blind, was that during the batman & robin or after aquaman stabbed a trident to his eyes on early justice league?

No Darkseid was fine. I think you're talking about in Justice League when Aquaman stabbed him in one eye with his trident and Wonder Woman stabbed him in the other with her sword. But no Darkseid was not blind at all. Bruce dropped at the end wonder if he is dead.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I heard they nerfed him, well its his fault for fiddling with apololiptian tech and not letting cyborg help him.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

I heard they nerfed him, well its his fault for fiddling with apololiptian tech and not letting cyborg help him.

I don't think they nerfed him.

I just don't think people want to accept Batman went toe to toe with Darkseid. Plus I think for the most part Batman just out right bested Darkseid, he had a plan and executed it pretty well when he tricked Darkseid into using the Omega Beam to charge that crystal. Batman got the best of Darkseid son pretty easily during both their encounters, he got some pretty good blows on Darkseid himself and was taking a beating at the same time but still hanging in there for the fight. I would call this a mission accomplished for Batman depending if he is dead or not. I mean he did finish his primary object which was bring his son back so in that aspect he accomplished his mission.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: he was wrecking a lot in Earth-2 and he looked mightier too.

No did you see the whole fight?

Batman didn't commit, he was going all over the place and he retreated with horrible injury while DS just dusted off and return to his usual business. He was just 'shocked' that a mere mortal can do that (I blame this on bruce timm JLU). He got his suit ripped, and bled from his mouth. Darkseid did get punched here and there but there wasn't any visible lasting damage, any longer and Bruce would have been parademon food.

it was a pyrrhic victory

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

he was wrecking a lot in Earth-2 and he looked mightier too.

No did you see the whole fight?

Batman didn't commit, he was going all over the place and he retreated with horrible injury while DS just dusted off and return to his usual business. He was just 'shocked' that a mere mortal can do that (I blame this on bruce timm JLU). He got his suit ripped, and bled from his mouth. Darkseid did get punched here and there but there wasn't any visible lasting damage, any longer and Bruce would have been parademon food.

it was a pyrrhic victory

Yeah I saw the whole fight I could post it right now I have it on my laptop I'm typing from. Earth 2 he just looked drawn different to me, if that makes him look mightier to you then I guess. Yeah Darkseid looked fine to me it wasn't like Batman almost killed him or anything pretty good fight though. I'm just glad they're bringing Damian back I was starting to like him before he was killed off.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Have it here too, its kind of weird how they resurrected him. Like staking a vampire, too much symbolism.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ariesxmasters

@vivide:

Have it here too, its kind of weird how they resurrected him. Like staking a vampire, too much symbolism.

I wonder where they're going to go with the series now, if Batman is really dead. :(

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: that's good maybe alfred can take on the spotlight, that guy needs his big break

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

that's good maybe alfred can take on the spotlight, that guy needs his big break

Alfred being the main character would be interesting. They're probably going to give the spot light to Damian if I were to have to make a guess. He is probably going to want to get revenge on Darkseid for killing Batman.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: When will they put Cass back in the spotlight?

Damian would be doomed, but I don't mind if he gets a training montage

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

When will they put Cass back in the spotlight?

Damian would be doomed, but I don't mind if he gets a training montage

Yeah Damian wouldn't even have a slim chance.

I have never actually read anything with Cass in it :(.

I have only seen Barbara. Is Cass in any of the New 52 books?

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: you should, if you like the martial arts aspect of batman her series (batgirl 2000's) is a must

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

you should, if you like the martial arts aspect of batman her series (batgirl 2000's) is a must

Sounds interesting. I'm probably going to have to add that to my collection on this Laptop. Right now I'm reading up on New 52 Batman the Dark knight, and at this very moment I'm checking out Batman #37 End Game. . . I think part 3, pretty interesting so far.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

you would like 70's batman as well.

I will give that one a look at as well.

Have you took a look at Batman #37? I just finished it.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ariesxmasters

@vivide:

No.

Batman End Game Part 3.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

@vivide:

I heard they nerfed him, well its his fault for fiddling with apololiptian tech and not letting cyborg help him.

I don't think they nerfed him.

I just don't think people want to accept Batman went toe to toe with Darkseid. Plus I think for the most part Batman just out right bested Darkseid, he had a plan and executed it pretty well when he tricked Darkseid into using the Omega Beam to charge that crystal. Batman got the best of Darkseid son pretty easily during both their encounters, he got some pretty good blows on Darkseid himself and was taking a beating at the same time but still hanging in there for the fight. I would call this a mission accomplished for Batman depending if he is dead or not. I mean he did finish his primary object which was bring his son back so in that aspect he accomplished his mission.

Yes, at the beginning of it all, they said Darkseid needed to go into a bunch of slumbers to recover from his expenditure during JL's fight.

Yet, you must not read alot of Fourth World either. Tricking Kalibak is no feat, he isn't a thinker, he's a fighter 100%.

Darkseid on the other hand, is millions, billions of years old, and he's regarded as the most intelligent New God around (Pre-52). The most credit you can think of giving Batman is, taking advantage of the fact that Darkseid underestimated him. That's all.

Yet this is darkseid, the guy who was soloing the Justice League in a book where he wasn't even fighting them for the first part of it.

This book is just another case of Batman getting way ahead of himself, and writers actually letting it happen.

All this, but I know I'm going to buy it. I'm a fan of Darkseid, and I read his stroies high and low.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: @nickthedevil:

Yes, at the beginning of it all, they said Darkseid needed to go into a bunch of slumbers to recover from his expenditure during JL's fight.

Yet, you must not read alot of Fourth World either. Tricking Kalibak is no feat, he isn't a thinker, he's a fighter 100%.

Darkseid on the other hand, is millions, billions of years old, and he's regarded as the most intelligent New God around (Pre-52). The most credit you can think of giving Batman is, taking advantage of the fact that Darkseid underestimated him. That's all.

Yet this is darkseid, the guy who was soloing the Justice League in a book where he wasn't even fighting them for the first part of it.

This book is just another case of Batman getting way ahead of himself, and writers actually letting it happen.

All this, but I know I'm going to buy it. I'm a fan of Darkseid, and I read his stroies high and low.

Wow I don't remember that and I read Earth 2 and JL.

Do you know specific issues or do you not recall the specific one's?

jokerzombie is weird

This whole Joker saga period is pretty weird. Now Joe chill is making a random appearance.

Geoschua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide: @nickthedevil: Loved Batman's crazy journey to Apokolips and fight with Darkseid.Yes, the writers let Batman get way ahead of himself and it is remarkable they let him escape Darkseid. The events rely heavily on Darkseid's 'resting state' and that awesome Hellbat suit. The whole story arc with B-man on Apokolips reeked of "because I'm Batman" invincibility, but still, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it happen. That Hellbat suit had me cheering out loud! Raw energy in those pages, quite a thrilling ride.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geoschua: Its an anniversary thing so I tend to ignore the silliness of the plot, people complained about superman being OP but batman packs that jobber aura