Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WTF DC you just can't go one month without Superman killing someone can you.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Loving the art.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that doctor light? if so he had it coming.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

DONT PUT THE SPOILER IN THE TITLE

You just spoiled half the community that buys Trinity war.Also Superman didn't kill Doc light,he was manipulated by outsider

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

DONT PUT THE SPOILER IN THE TITLE

You just spoiled half the community that buys Trinity war.Also Superman didn't kill Doc light,he was manipulated by outsider

I KNEW IT WAS DOCTOR LIGHT!!!

Who was the person that helped narrow it down?!

Who was it!!

I think it was Batmannflash

or someone like that...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

See, the point of a spoiler is to warn people who haven't read the issue to turn away so that they don't hear a top-secret detail before they read the issue themselves. A thread title with "SUPERMAN KILLS AGAIN SPOILER JUSTICE LEAGUE 22" kind of fails spectacularly at that front.

And I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this, considering it was clearly stated that it was not Superman's fault and he didn't kill Light. The Question remarks that someone is trying to impute the Man of Steel, and at the end of the issue the Outsider flat out states that he's framed Superman for Light's death.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Sorry. he was manipulated but why was it Superman it could've been someone else that does kill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Sorry. he was manipulated but why was it Superman it could've been someone else that does kill.

What would that matter? It still would mean that they were under control and not under their own will..

And besides,Superman is the most powerful out of all of them.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By batmannflash

@cameron83: haha no I never said Doctor Light would die. I thought it would be Cyborg for some reason. But I did say that Superman might kill.

And thanks for putting the spoiler in the title -.-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That's it he is the greatest hero and now he just kills people when he gets angry or because he's Superman so we have to make him kill while there are killers on both teams. Wonder Woman Aquaman Hawkman etc @cameron83: So just last month people were pissed that Superman kills Zod and now Superman kills Dr Light. plus there is Wonder Woman Flash Shazam and Martian Manhunter are all powerful enough to kill someone.

divad4686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: its different.

Superman killing someone without he having sense of his actions and doing it because he wants to.

Superman was controlled by someone,despero,outsider etc he didn't do it on purpose like in MOS

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@citizenbane: That's not the problem I have with it Bane. The problem I have is that Johns put him in the position where he openly zaps someone to the face. Someone else could have been the catalyst to start the Trinity War and are far more likely to cross the line than Superman. That's what I wanted Johns to do instead. But no we get the villification of Superman instead.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16 Icarusflies  Moderator

This is dissapointing. : /

Pre-52 Superman was resistant to mind control or whatever in that no matter WHAT, he couldn't be made to kill. For example, when Maxwell Lord took control of him during Infinite Crisis.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Squalleon

We will have more superman kills debates for the next month aren't we.......................................................Goshdarn@*^*%*f%&^i&^&

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Superman was being mind-controlled by anyone. What people need to remember is that the Outsider was the one who gave Light his powers, and we saw that he couldn't control them and was sucking the light out of any source around him. I think the Outsider gave Light those powers on purpose, because he knew he wouldn't be able to control them and they'd draw out light from anywhere near him. So it's plausible that just being that close to Superman caused the heat vision to be literally pulled out of Clark's eyes and blasted at Light, who couldn't control his powers well enough to stop that from happening. We've seen the old Light pull heat vision out of Superboy's eyes before, and that story was written by Johns, no less.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why introduce Dr. Light and then kill him immediately? They could have invented a throwaway villain for that. Hopefully they'll pass that mantle onto the heroic one.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: haha no I never said Doctor Light would die. I thought it would be Cyborg for some reason. But I did say that Superman might kill.

And thanks for putting the spoiler in the title -.-

But you did help narrow it down....I just don't know why Doctor Light is on a trinity war poster,though....

@squalleon: That's it he is the greatest hero and now he just kills people when he gets angry or because he's Superman so we have to make him kill while there are killers on both teams. Wonder Woman Aquaman Hawkman etc @cameron83: So just last month people were pissed that Superman kills Zod and now Superman kills Dr Light. plus there is Wonder Woman Flash Shazam and Martian Manhunter are all powerful enough to kill someone.

He did that under his own will...and they are not more powerful than Superman. The Outsider wanted to ruin his image..

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Because he is the greatest hero.

If people lose their trust on him,they will not trust any other superhero

this.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icarusflies: didnt he almost kill bats when poison ivy was controlling him in, i want to say hush, not sure ?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lvenger

@squalleon: And I'd just gotten over the Man of Steel killing.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23 Icarusflies  Moderator

@thetimestreamer: There were a few occasions where he ALMOST killed, and a few where it was questionable. In Superman/Batman: Torment, he did almost kill Batman. He seemed to hold back in Hush. In Justice League Elite, he was tricked into killing because reality had been twisted in such a way that he literally could not detect the people around him that he was hurting.

But he's generally been shown to be resistant to killing under mind control.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@thetimestreamer: in Hush, Superman was mind controlled but Batman even mentioned that Superman was resisting and holding back. He states that if Superman didn't have control, he'll be dead my now. Despite being mind controlled, he snapped out of it right away to save Lois. Yeah, Superman can be mind controlled but he's fairly resistance to it. However, he's not immune.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

First Injustice, then MOS, now this? Why does DC all of a sudden have a fetish for Superman killing people?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: that's what the kids want these days. murder.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@citizenbane: That's not the problem I have with it Bane. The problem I have is that Johns put him in the position where he openly zaps someone to the face. Someone else could have been the catalyst to start the Trinity War and are far more likely to cross the line than Superman. That's what I wanted Johns to do instead. But no we get the villification of Superman instead.

Yes, someone else could have been, but really; if you had to pick someone to cross a line like that for maximum effect, who better than Superman? Wonder Woman doesn't have a problem killing people and has said as much, Martian Manhunter's either killing people or lobotomizing them these days, Batman isn't an inspirational figure to most normal people, Shazam has no allegiance to either League and no one knows who he is. If it was just Clark going berserk, I'd certainly be irritated with it, but the issue states at least three times that Clark was framed.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@citizenbane: I thought Superman was still suffering from the effects of Pandora's Box? Or had he shaken them off by then?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Squalleon

@citizenbane: What about the missing piece of the chess of despero.You know the superman piece...Geoff has planed a lot of sub plots....it seems we will get a good story after all.

@lvenger: take it easy bro.You can handle it.if you need someone to talk just PM me.Remember thats what they want to drive the fans mad don't give them the pleasure.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I'm not going to fanboy rage over it. I made my thoughts on Superman killing clear in my MOS review. It's just annoying to see Superman kill 3 times across alternate media on his 75th anniversary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: they are trying to make up for these years :-P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saren

@lvenger said:

@citizenbane: I thought Superman was still suffering from the effects of Pandora's Box? Or had he shaken them off by then?

He seemed to have. Of course, my theory is just a theory, and there could be another explanation.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

I don't think Superman was being mind-controlled by anyone. What people need to remember is that the Outsider was the one who gave Light his powers, and we saw that he couldn't control them and was sucking the light out of any source around him. I think the Outsider gave Light those powers on purpose, because he knew he wouldn't be able to control them and they'd draw out light from anywhere near him. So it's plausible that just being that close to Superman caused the heat vision to be literally pulled out of Clark's eyes and blasted at Light, who couldn't control his powers well enough to stop that from happening. We've seen the old Light pull heat vision out of Superboy's eyes before, and that story was written by Johns, no less.

I thought the exact same thing. In fact, I thought it was a little obvious this was the case.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Squalleon

@smashbrawler: @smashbrawler: well but how did the Outsider know that light would became a member of the team.And that he will try to go close to superman etc. I believe it has to do something with the Superman chess piece

But i see your point and you could be right

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Well, it's pretty much already been established that the Outsider has been controlling all this stuff to set up this event so...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

He seemed to have. Of course, my theory is just a theory, and there could be another explanation.

It's a very sound theory though. If Johns did it before in his Teen Titans run, there's a good chance he's done it now.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHA!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By danhimself

I don't think that people understand the weight that them making Superman be the one who kills him

if it were Batman or Wonder Woman then the public wouldn't care...I think most would already know that Wonder Woman doesn't have a problem with killing and they think that Batman kills people....but Superman is a whole other story...he's the World's greatest hero

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By JLDoom

@danhimself said:

I don't think that people understand the weight that them making Superman be the one who kills him

if it were Batman or Wonder Woman then the public wouldn't care...I think most would already know that Wonder Woman doesn't have a problem with killing and they think that Batman kills people....but Superman is a whole other story...he's the World's greatest hero

I agree, Superman is the only character that makes sense in this situation.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I would have been much more impressed if it was Batman that killed

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ximpossibrux

>Kills a supervillain

>Public acts like he murdered the freaking Pope.

Really sick of this.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux said:

>Kills a supervillain

Really sick of this.

Dr. Light isn't a supervillain now. He actually seemed like a pretty decent, non-rapist guy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lvenger

>Kills a supervillain

Really sick of this.

Why, because it betrays the very core of what the character stands for? And it looks like he's been framed for it and the cause wasn't him.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Kills a supervillain

Really sick of this.

indeed.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pope = supervillain anyway

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points