Spidey leap

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why is it that Spidey can "only" jump 30 ft in a single bound(HA I kill myself) when he should be able to leap 50 times his body length like a spider (at least over 300 feet)?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two reasons off the top of my head.

1) He's bigger than a spider. A lot bigger. This increases drag and all around insures he's not going as far as a much smaller spider would. Put simply: No, he can NOT do whatever a spider can.

2) He has the proportionate strength of a spider. Meaning take a spider, cut off four of it's legs, and scale that up to human size, boom, you've got basic Spider-man... And an unthinkable nightmare abomination, but ignoring that. He's got two legs to jump off of, and while he's much more flexible and agile than a normal human being, his musculature just isn't built to tense all four limbs equally in preparation for a jump. A spider can tense all eight legs simultaneously and equally, then release for one hell of a jump. Spidey's not physically able to do that, due to his limitations as a human being, both as far as number of legs goes and human musculature.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

1) He's bigger than a spider. A lot bigger. This increases drag and all around insures he's not going as far as a much smaller spider would. Put simply: No, he can NOT do whatever a spider can.

2) He has the proportionate strength of a spider. Meaning take a spider, cut off four of it's legs, and scale that up to human size, boom, you've got basic Spider-man... And an unthinkable nightmare abomination, but ignoring that. He's got two legs to jump off of, and while he's much more flexible and agile than a normal human being, his musculature just isn't built to tense all four limbs equally in preparation for a jump. A spider can tense all eight legs simultaneously and equally, then release for one hell of a jump. Spidey's not physically able to do that, due to his limitations as a human being, both as far as number of legs goes and human musculature.

But... Spideys stronger than a spider and faster(I don't recall Spiders dodging bullets). At the very least he should have enough strength in those legs to make up for it.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

But... Spideys stronger than a spider and faster(I don't recall Spiders dodging bullets). At the very least he should have enough strength in those legs to make up for it.

My pet tarantula regularly speedblitzes.

Get out of here lol (just kidding)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: Do you actually have a pet tarantula? That's awesome.

lol no,I was just kidding. I'm terrified of spiders,especially tarantulas.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ninjablade09 said:

@twix_right_side: Do you actually have a pet tarantula? That's awesome.

lol no,I was just kidding. I'm terrified of spiders,especially tarantulas.

lol oh okay. You now have me tempted to pm you a tarantula picture in the future.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30 feet is amazing haha no complaints here

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@childoftheatom: I would be much more satisfied with at least 100 ft to be honest. He was able to jump 30 ft back in the old 1960s. nowadays I think it should be higher.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he can jump higher than 30 feet. He was always stated to be able to leap at least 30 feet easily.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Idk