Spidermans Limited usefullness

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurum19

Ok, you see the problem with spider man is that if he goes to any area that is not a big city, he is pretty much useless. One of the things that defines him is the ability to swing around big cities (which looks super fun). But if he goes to any small town or a rural city. His mobility is severely limited, and I doubt he can run everywhere. So has he invented something that I don't know about. Like steal green goblins hoverboard for future use :).

P.S. I don't follow Spiderman that much, I don think he's cool though so don't take me the wrong way.

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could use the Iron Spider costume in that case cause I think it has different movement capabilities, I could be wrong though.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By feebadger

They covered that in Web Of Spider Man i think. When he goes to the suburbs and is, essentially stuck. Spider Man exists in a world of hos creators making. It is not the real world. He lives amongst sky scrapers, and even then, note where his webs shoot. They are usually above the visible city sky line. He'd have to be swinging from clouds to swing that high :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

pete has tools he could use. such as the Spider-Glider

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wolverine1610

He could always pull out the spider-mobile again lol

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They covered that in Web Of Spider Man i think. When he goes to the suburbs and is, essentially stuck. Spider Man exists in a world of hos creators making. It is not the real world. He lives amongst sky scrapers, and even then, note where his webs shoot. They are usually above the visible city sky line. He'd have to be swinging from clouds to swing that high :)

I think they should just make Spidey a low level reality warper so he would be able to swing anywhere. Then he would just shoot a web line into the sky and swing anywhere. It would also make more sense with how he swings in the cartoons. He swings in straight lines through the city.

Realistically he couldn't if his webs were hitting buildings. He would be zigzagging constantly.

I'd do it, but I know Stan couldn't and, Slott wouldn't. Because they would have to do some plot wrangling to do it. Personally I think it's a cool idea, given all the exotic powers heroes have, sky web lines aren't too farfetched.

That's less far fetched than Wanda's anyway.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurum19 said:

One of the things that defines him is the ability to swing around big cities (which looks super fun). But if he goes to any small town or a rural city. His mobility is severely limited, and I doubt he can run everywhere.

Man........ I remember "When Cometh The Commuter"

Total laugh trip.

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does that mean when he goes to any non-urban place, he's pretty much useless?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurum19: No, it just means his mobility is limited. He still has Spider Senses, super strength, extreme agility, the ability to stick to walls... Hardly useless.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Spiderman 3 video game he jumps in the air shoots a web semi far at the ground then launches himself in a horizontal line. Anyways we all know he shoots his webs at the sun or moon and swings from that.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lorbo

In Spiderman 3 video game he jumps in the air shoots a web semi far at the ground then launches himself in a horizontal line. Anyways we all know he shoots his webs at the sun or moon and swings from that.

Man you made me laugh hard.