#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Strider92 (16092 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind of hard to compare a whole series of movies to a single one but individually Amazing Spider-man was better than the ones in Raimi's trilogy however i'm not sure it can compete with all of them at the same time. Although it was definitely good to give it a good chance.

#3 Posted by The Stegman (23033 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say it, Amazing Spider-Man was better than the entire Raimi trilogy.

#4 Posted by Bruxae (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spiderman was an abomination.. Dont understand how people can like it so much, me and my friends couldnt stop laughing at the ridiculous acting and horrible story.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked The Amazing Spider-Man. It may have had its flaws, but so did the Raimi movies, dammit.

#6 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's Amazing Spider-man vs one good movie.

#7 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the amazing spider-man better

The old ones are kinda corny nowadays...

#8 Posted by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Preferred the Amazing Spider-Man and that's partly because i didn't think much of Toby Maguire.

#9 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Amazing Spiderman was an abomination.. Dont understand how people can like it so much, me and my friends couldnt stop laughing at the ridiculous acting and horrible story.

I'm interested in why think this. I found it to be an improvement over the old ones in almost every regard.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom said:

@Bruxae said:

I'm interested in why think this. I found it to be an improvement over the old ones in almost every regard.

Im not too big on spiderman lore, but as a movie the acting was just terrible and the guy playing Peter had one expression, the movie itself was way to dark and I dont mean that in a story sense but literally no light wich is a common trait in newer movies wich simply makes it hard to watch and dull, both me and the person I was watching with found ourselfs wanting the movie to hurry up and end.

I dont really want to protect the trilogy since im not a huge fan of spidey in general, but it was alot more entertaining as a movie to watch, and as for the amazing spiderman, I also think it was a big mistake to not include Mary Jane, and non-organic webbing? Thats just not cool, he already has so many powers why does he have to build a MACHINE for his web?

The one thing I liked was the Lizard, both as a character and design, but he barely got any real screen time.

#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bruxae said:

Im not too big on spiderman lore, but as a movie the acting was just terrible and the guy playing Peter had one expression, the movie itself was way to dark and I dont mean that in a story sense but literally no light wich is a common trait in newer movies wich simply makes it hard to watch and dull, both me and the person I was watching with found ourselfs wanting the movie to hurry up and end.

I'll have to disagree on both accounts there. Garfield did a fine job both as Spider-Man and as dorky introvert teenager and I at no point had trouble believing that he just had a ton of crap thrown down on him. I also had no problem seeing what's going on on screen at any point during the movie. It's kinda dark, but not that dark.

@Bruxae said:

I dont really want to protect the trilogy since im not a huge fan of spidey in general, but it was alot more entertaining as a movie to watch, and as for the amazing spiderman, I also think it was a big mistake to not include Mary Jane, and non-organic webbing? Thats just not cool, he already has so many powers why does he have to build a MACHINE for his web?

Well both Gwen and the web shooters are part of Spidey's comic lore so they actually stayed truer to the source material. I suppose web shooters or organic is a matter of preference, but I don't see why it would affect your total impression of a movie either way.

About the one thing I didn't like compared to the Raimi movies was the actual spider bite. Way too random and underdeveloped for such a critical moment in his story. But I think the movie more than makes up for it.

#12 Posted by Bruxae (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: I guess its a matter of taste for the most part, but ill have to agree to disagree on Garfield's acting, I really thought it was horrendous.

One other thing I forgot to mention is the death of Ben, I really felt like Martin Sheen came off kinda like an ass wich made it hard to really get sad when he died in comparison to the Raimi version where you actually felt sorry for the man and Parker.

#13 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@AtPhantom: Aunt May has brown hair? Pete wears contacts? Not all the way that nerdy? Origins changed into some weird crap? Pete drives with skateboard? And I just can't accept Andrew as Peter Parker. He just isn't like him. Emma is simply amazing as Gwen tough.

#14 Posted by TheCannon (17898 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-man is not that good. It's extremely overrated. Spider-man trilogy by far. ANY one of the original 3 are far better than the Amazing Spider-man.

I did like Gwen better than Mary Jane though.

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

Having rewatched the first trilogy before seeing The Amazing Spider-Man, I have to say that The Amazing Spider-Man is better than all 3. I found the original trilogy to be cheesy, I didn't like MJ, and I was never really sold on Toby being Peter Parker.

#16 Posted by SmashBrawler (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man.

The Raimi trilogy hasn't aged well.

#17 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiV7Xs2cvqg&t=3m33s

@The Stegman said:

I'll say it, Amazing Spider-Man was better than the entire Raimi trilogy.

Agree, just because Peter Parker looked a loser with bad self-esteem.

@TheCannon said:

Amazing Spider-man is not that good. It's extremely overrated. Spider-man trilogy by far. ANY one of the original 3 are far better than the Amazing Spider-man.

I did like Gwen better than Mary Jane though.

So you're saying Spider-Man 3 is far better than Amazing Spider-Man?!?..... *facewall*, and I am sure it's not overrated, either underrated.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (17898 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedOwl_1 said:

So you're saying Spider-Man 3 is far better than Amazing Spider-Man?!?..... *facewall*, and I am sure it's not overrated, either underrated.

No, I'm not saying Spider-man 3 is better than the Amazing Spider-man. I'm saying Spider-man 3 f*cking curbstomps the Amazing Spider-man.

#19 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: What are you smoking I mean Amazing Spiderman was not perfect but Spiderman 3 was the most disgraceful and piece of shit thing to not just Spiderman but all of cinema.

#20 Posted by z1co80 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@TheCannon: What are you smoking I mean Amazing Spiderman was not perfect but Spiderman 3 was the most disgraceful and piece of shit thing to not just Spiderman but all of cinema.

I think Emo Peter Parker in Spider-Man 3 is the single most uncomfortable thing i have had to watch in any move. It's cringeworthy.

I don't hate Spidey 3 but the emo scenes are just ridiculous, They irk me much the same way as Bane's voice did in The Dark Knight Rises.

#21 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally watched Spider-man (Amazing), and I was actually really impressed, but I could not shake the fact that I had just seen this and it was just too soon for a reboot. All that said the 3rd Spidey movie was so bad that it drags down the whole trilogy(much like X-Men)

#22 Posted by Malonius (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Only a few of things they got really right in the Raimi trilogy:

Peter Parker, the sad sack, in his crappy little apartment

J. Jonah Jameson, Robbie, and Betty at the Daily Bugle

The train fight between Spidey and Doc Ock is one of the top 5 live action super-powered fights put to film

Overall though, Amazing Spider-man was a better movie and I'm practically praying that Sony and Marvel work out a deal so that Spider-man can be in the broader Marvel Movie Universe.

#23 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man