Spiderman - How well does he deal with telepathic opponents?

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AdamAnouer

I know Spiderman has fought a lot of opponents who use Psionic powers but more often then not they often resort to Telekinetic powers to overpower him rather than read his mind. So I guess my real question is, Can Spidey handle a telepathic opponent? And would his Spider-Sense be able to alert him of the presence of someone trying to read his mind?

Let's also say for the sake of scale were just talking about your run of the mill average telepath not like...Professor X. Any answers would be most appreciated.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By hart7668

No xclue, but this is a good question. So, allow me to bump this.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers buddy. :) I've gotta say I am curious because Spidey's opponents are usually either physically strong or scientifically gifted but rarely ones which focus on mental manipulation in quite that manner. I think it'd be really interesting to see.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

@adamanouer: @hart7668: He generally does one of 3 three things:

1. Has prep beforehand
  2. Uses his speed to blitz them
  3. Uses the little telepathic resistance he has. Mindworm had a very hard time getting into the web-heads mind with telepathy. Whether this is due to sheer willpower or whether Spider-mans brain is just odd due to his abilities (spider-sense etc..) I don't know.
AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Thanks buddy. Most appreciated. It really helps knowing just how much Spidey's mentality as peter parker is as his powers are as Spiderman.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Spidey handle a telepathic opponent?

Depends on how powerful their telepathy is and what they can do with it.

And would his Spider-Sense be able to alert him of the presence of someone trying to read his mind?

I don't think so. Unless maybe they were trying to find out his secret identity or something.

Let's also say for the sake of scale were just talking about your run of the mill average telepath not like...Professor X

Prof X would drop him easily.