#1 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

I know about Spider Man's spider sense and how it warns him of danger but I have a question.....When Spider Man gets shot at how does his spider sense tell him how to position himself so the bullets don't hit him? I know he can do impossible acrobatics but how can he dodge every bullet just perfectly every single time?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like when you see a cannon ball coming at you 200 feet away

#3 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the writer. I've always been under the impression that his Spider Sense is linked to his reflexes, so if he doesn't think about it, his body will automatically dodge the bullets for him. Think of Spidey as a puppet, and the Spider Sense is pulling his strings to dodge them. This gives him time to think up his 'witty' one liners in combat: His spider sense is doing all the work.

#4 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

The spider Sense actually warns him about the shots before they are fired. By the time the trigger is pulled...he is no longer where the shots were aimed at.

Realistically, it should be impossible for street level characters to actually dodge bullets...luckily, realism is not a huge priority in Comic book stories.

#5 Posted by FearTheLiving (4215 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

Depends on the writer. I've always been under the impression that his Spider Sense is linked to his reflexes, so if he doesn't think about it, his body will automatically dodge the bullets for him. Think of Spidey as a puppet, and the Spider Sense is pulling his strings to dodge them. This gives him time to think up his 'witty' one liners in combat: His spider sense is doing all the work.

This is what I figured, that it's just instinct for the most part.

#6 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

What you just said reminded me of this.

Sakura was the living puppet of Chiyo when Sakura was dodging all of those needles. 0_o;;