• 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

So... who has the stronger will?

#2 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#3 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure a case can be made for either but I'll take Peter.

#5 Posted by jashro44 (25333 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50 imo

Side note but does anyone have scans of spider-man #17? I haven't read the issue but from what I heard spider-man fights thanos and his attacks do nothing but he keeps fighting anyways (while thanos laughs), does anyone have scans of this? Heres the cover if that helps:

Online
#6 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

#7 Posted by Oni_Bane (1841 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Bringhlt. I'll take Peter as well.

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

#9 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

Because I see it more in Batman to have more will power than I see in Spiderman.

#10 Edited by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

Because I see it more in Batman to have more will power than I see in Spiderman.

Why did you say "I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman" when this thread has nothing to do with intelligence?

#11 Posted by Dextersinister (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

Peters willpower would be ok but he has to many insecurities to be a guy with high willpower.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie.

#13 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. But both of them have incredibly strong wills.

#14 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

Because I see it more in Batman to have more will power than I see in Spiderman.

Why did you say "I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman" when this thread has nothing to do with intelligence?

Cause its the way I think, you'd have to have intelligence to use the will power for the fact not a whole lot of people including myself use it.

#15 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Peters willpower would be ok but he has to many insecurities to be a guy with high willpower.

That's just wrong. Peter does have high will power, it's not debatable, it's been shown that his is some of the best in the Marvel U.

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

Because I see it more in Batman to have more will power than I see in Spiderman.

Why did you say "I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman" when this thread has nothing to do with intelligence?

Cause its the way I think, you'd have to have intelligence to use the will power for the fact not a whole lot of people including myself use it.

Intelligence has nothing to do with will power.

#16 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Dextersinister said:

Peters willpower would be ok but he has to many insecurities to be a guy with high willpower.

That's just wrong. Peter does have high will power, it's not debatable, it's been shown that his is some of the best in the Marvel U.

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@nickzambuto said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Alexander505 said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

Batman

Totally.

Yup

I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

This is a battle of will power, why are you bringing up intelligence?

Because I see it more in Batman to have more will power than I see in Spiderman.

Why did you say "I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman" when this thread has nothing to do with intelligence?

Cause its the way I think, you'd have to have intelligence to use the will power for the fact not a whole lot of people including myself use it.

Intelligence has nothing to do with will power.

Sometimes it does

People tell me if I was smart, I wouldnt smoke since its not good for us, but me I dont care, I love to smoke, Now if I wanted to quit I see what you're saying, If I permanently quit, then I would quit with the will power of never inhailing a smoke ever again... so I see what u mean...

Still Batman takes this...

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to say its a tie because there's really no proof whether one of them has more will than the other. Willpower is hard to quantify.

Both of them have extremely strong willpower and both of them have pushed themselves past the point where most men would have just given up.

In other news...this isn't a battle.

#18 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean there's tons of examples like his lifting a collapsed roof to get meds to his Aunt May to the Daily Bugle feat to his battle with Morlun to overriding the Queen's control of him during her original debut to the recent battle versus Magick and Colossus... It's not debatable that when push comes to shove Peter has one of the best willpowers. Bruce's ineptitude with a Lantern ring, what was the reason?

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

I'm just going to say its a tie because there's really no proof whether one of them has more will than the other. Willpower is hard to quantify.

Both of them have extremely strong willpower and both of them have pushed themselves past the point where most men would have just given up.

In other news...this isn't a battle.

Prove it.

#20 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

I mean there's tons of examples like his lifting a collapsed roof to get meds to his Aunt May to the Daily Bugle feat to his battle with Morlun to overriding the Queen's control of him during her original debut to the recent battle versus Magick and Colossus... It's not debatable that when push comes to shove Peter has one of the best willpowers. Bruce's ineptitude with a Lantern ring, what was the reason?

Now you're not really being fair. Bruce has plenty of examples of exceptional willpower of his own. No need for any side to try to lowball the other.

#21 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

batmans will is greater

#22 Posted by jashro44 (25333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@BringnIt said:

I mean there's tons of examples like his lifting a collapsed roof to get meds to his Aunt May to the Daily Bugle feat to his battle with Morlun to overriding the Queen's control of him during her original debut to the recent battle versus Magick and Colossus... It's not debatable that when push comes to shove Peter has one of the best willpowers. Bruce's ineptitude with a Lantern ring, what was the reason?

Now you're not really being fair. Bruce has plenty of examples of exceptional willpower of his own. No need for any side to try to lowball the other.

I think he is just trying to get the bat supporters to elaborate.

Online
#23 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooooo, it's close, but I'll say Batman. The scene of Peter lifting the roof so he can sve Aunt May is epic, but then again Batman was deprived of nutrition for a week (Or ten days? I can't recall), stabbed through the Abdominals, got the crap beaten out of him, then proceeded to get back up and fight an assasin and escape the maze (Lol).

#24 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Ooooooo, it's close, but I'll say Batman. The scene of Peter lifting the roof so he can sve Aunt May is epic, but then again Batman was deprived of nutrition for a week (Or ten days? I can't recall), stabbed through the Abdominals, got the crap beaten out of him, then proceeded to get back up and fight an assasin and escape the maze (Lol).

Pshh, please. Thanks to Dormammu, Spider-Man had to literally go back and fight through each and every one of his greatest challenges in life, all on one stamina bar, which was already depleted after fighting through an army.

God I wish I could find those scans...

#25 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Ooooooo, it's close, but I'll say Batman. The scene of Peter lifting the roof so he can sve Aunt May is epic, but then again Batman was deprived of nutrition for a week (Or ten days? I can't recall), stabbed through the Abdominals, got the crap beaten out of him, then proceeded to get back up and fight an assasin and escape the maze (Lol).

To be honest...both are pretty standard willpower feats from superheros. That's why I think there's no real answer to the question...pushing past the point where other men would break is just part of that superhero package.

#26 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto To be honest, Spiderman should have a lot more stamina than a normal person. I'm not saying it was easy for him, not at all, just saying that is probably the equvailent for Batman since he is just human. Peak human, granted.

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (14887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@nickzambuto To be honest, Spiderman should have a lot more stamina than a normal person. I'm not saying it was easy for him, not at all, just saying that is probably the equvailent for Batman since he is just human. Peak human, granted.

I don't think stamina is an excuse for going back and reaccomplishing every single hardship Spider-Man has ever faced.

The event itself is more epic than I'm making it out to be... I'll go look for the scans.

#28 Posted by The_Question_ (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@BringnIt said:
Bruce's ineptitude with a Lantern ring, what was the reason?
He didn't really have the ring long enough to comment on his competency. Hal simply gave it to him in an attempt to help him move on from the trauma that the death of his parents caused him. He said he couldn't let go and gave the ring back. I wouldn't hold it against him any more than I would Peter never moving on from Uncle Ben's death. Or the death of Hal's father.
#29 Posted by matchesmalone21 (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Batman has a lot of willpower. You remeber Finla Crisis issue 6 whe he was trapped into a machine,capable to steal his memroies to mak e an army to Darkseid and he know that he was be manipulated,and was capable to overcome the mix o drug,telepathy and apokoliptian tech.

Yurrd, Zorrm and Rogga, Horsemen of Hunger, Plague and War, tried to take over Batman, Superman and WW. Plague and War managed to take the Man Of Steel and the Amazing Amazon despite their resistence, needing Veronica Cale to free them by absorbing the Horsemen. Yurrd instead failed, as Bats himself reveals, ending up trapped in the Dark Knight's body and unable to control it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Breaks Manitou Raven's magical sleeping spell that took weeks to prepare for

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manchester Black (possessing Vera's body) is unable to break Batman as he the only one left among the JLA able to resist Black's power as they experience their worst fears

#30 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto Please do! I want to read that.

#31 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

I'm just going to say its a tie because there's really no proof whether one of them has more will than the other. Willpower is hard to quantify.

Both of them have extremely strong willpower and both of them have pushed themselves past the point where most men would have just given up.

We all know Daredevil has a stronger will then either of them.

#32 Posted by The_Question_ (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:

@Shawnbaby said:

I'm just going to say its a tie because there's really no proof whether one of them has more will than the other. Willpower is hard to quantify.

Both of them have extremely strong willpower and both of them have pushed themselves past the point where most men would have just given up.

We all know Daredevil has a stronger will then either of them.

Cough, the Beast took him over like nothing, cough. 
 
Pretty sure we've argued about that before.
#33 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so sorry but when it comes to will power it's all about Batman here Peter Parker is way out of his league here.

#34 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go against the grain and say Peter. While Bruce has amazing willpower, his is more like an obsession. Peter's is pure willpower, the will to overcome his doubts, fears, and guilt to do what he has to. Bruce just uses all that to fuel him rather than powering through on will alone.

#35 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Question_: Actually it took him over when he was having a mental breakdown and when his life had lost all meaning and after being physically tortured to prove his worthiness. And the beast was magic. And he still had what it took to kill himself to stop the beast.

Also there was that time he killed the Devil when Hell was unleashed on Earth and his will power turned his walking stick into a holy spear :P

Also, I was kidding when I brought it up.

#36 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

I mean there's tons of examples like his lifting a collapsed roof to get meds to his Aunt May to the Daily Bugle feat to his battle with Morlun to overriding the Queen's control of him during her original debut to the recent battle versus Magick and Colossus... It's not debatable that when push comes to shove Peter has one of the best willpowers. Bruce's ineptitude with a Lantern ring, what was the reason?

It takes more than willpower to operate a Green Lantern ring. Otherwise there would be no need for training and Kilowog would be out of a job.

#37 Edited by The_Question_ (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida:  The mental breakdown was when Karen died and during the time he started dating Mila, he was over it by that time. As much as someone like Daredevil can get over something, glum is part of his life on a daily basis. He needed Elektra to nudge him towards doing the right thing and Iron Fist to weaken the Beast with the healing properties of his chi. He had a better willpower feat all by his lonesome in Reborn.  
 
I was just kidding too.
#38 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black: It takes will power to be chosen to wield a Green Lantern ring. It also takes intelligence and creativity, and the ability to think on your feet. But will power is still at the bottom line.

#39 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Question_: Let's be honest here, he has a mental breakdown every other story arc. There was Reborn, Guardian Devil, The Devil Inside and Out, Shadowland...

I know that now :P

#40 Posted by Immortal777 (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to choose between the 2 it would have to be Superman.

#41 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's almost apples and oranges here. I'm a fan of both, though admittedly I'm a bit keener on Batman.

However, in my head at least, when a situation pops up requiring serious power of will, what I imagine going through Peters head is, "I won't let you win," while Bruce is thinking, "I won't let you beat me."

Very similar I know and I couldn't hold it against someone if they didn't understand what I'm saying.

They're both of incredible strong will, but while Peter's ultimate goal is to triumph over the villain, Bruce's ultimate mission is to not let the villain triumph over him.

Idk. My two cents off the top of my head. Probably could take another few minutes to think out more specifically what I'm trying to say here.

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

Moderator
#43 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

I'm just going to say its a tie because there's really no proof whether one of them has more will than the other. Willpower is hard to quantify.

Both of them have extremely strong willpower and both of them have pushed themselves past the point where most men would have just given up.

In other news...this isn't a battle.

Prove it.

@Mercy_ said:

Not a battle.

Proven.

#44 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@_Black: It takes will power to be chosen to wield a Green Lantern ring. It also takes intelligence and creativity, and the ability to think on your feet. But will power is still at the bottom line.

Yeah. I was just trying to provide some context on that.

#45 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black: Fair enough

#46 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

May I point out that I asked a sincere question and never once questioned Bruce's willpower? I specifically stated that I thought a compelling case could be made for either.

#47 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man has a grand willpower, but Batman is superior to him, though not by much.

#48 Posted by Alexander505 (2177 posts) - - Show Bio
Yup
I honestly didnt find Spiderman as smart as Batman, but of course others will disagree with me.

Dude, of course Batman is smarter than Peter, but in this discussion we are talking about the willpower :)

#49 Posted by SuperStarKirby (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Bats has broken all sorts of mind control and the like with his willpower, and he's been severely beaten down and used only willpower to fight on. Spidey's done the same sort of things, of course. The famous moment in Spider-Man #33, the whole collapsing Daily Bugle incident, where he held up a support beam, before webbing the whole building, and more recently, when he broke through a foot thick of carbodanium tentacles. 'Bout even?

I mean, on one hand, Bruce hadn't gotten past his parents' death for years.

On the other, Spidey has gone dark and brutal multiple times now.

@Alexander505: Wellll, to be fair, Peter is really, REALLY smart. Debatable.

#50 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter!

just a question (Im not trying to lowball Bruce), if Batman is supposed to have so much will power, why did the ring choose Hald Jordan and other humans instead of Batman? I know it's because they were different characters when creat blah blah blah, but has any in universe explanation been given?