Spider-Man: how fast is he?

• 58 results
I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Look, i read a lot of Spider-Man and i know he is quite fast but some people put at mach 2 in combat, travel and reaction speed.

Is that true?

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

mach 2? God no! I think Quicksilver couldn't go that fast originally. I think Spider-Man caught up to an accelerating car on foot at one point and his webslinging is faster than that, but travel speed wise he should still be below most heroes with flight. Reaction speed wise while using his spidersense, mabye he can react to something that flies at him at mach 2 to, not sure, but I doubt he could do against consecutive attacks. Combat speed wise he outdid characters like captain america, who are fairly fast by quite a bit, but he should still be well below mach speed.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ariesxmasters

Uhhhmm, Lightning, there are the same people who think Spider-man can one shot Batman(Even though Batman has lived though much worse), and the whole Batman(Who also have lived through much worse), and think lifting strength equates to striking strength, think he can stomps Damian even when he had Superman powers, and Jason Todd when he had Bane's Venom. Yeah. . . . . . . . you probably shouldn't take them seriously.

When you see people say just look away lol.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SodamYat

definitely fast. even faster than some mid tier/high tier/gods

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ariesxmasters

@ariesxmasters: Yep. Spider-Man can one shot Batman.

Daredevil disagrees, and Spider-man even admits it's embarrassing :3.

If Spider-man ain't one shotting Daredevil he forsure ain't one shotting Batman or anyone from the Batfamily.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Spider-Man holds back, it's not in-character to punch as hard as possible and go for the kill. If Spider-Man wanted to, he is more than capable of one-shotting Batman.

No Caption Provided

In regards to your scans, it was from the Gang Wars series, no?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Spiderman could solo all the bat family. Also Batman is only human so any regular guy should be able to knock him out

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did this cat say Spider-Man can't knock out Batman? Lmao

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Spider-Man holds back, it's not in-character to punch as hard as possible and go for the kill. If Spider-Man wanted to, he is more than capable of one-shotting Batman.

No Caption Provided

In regards to your scans, it was from the Gang Wars series, no?

Batman is beyond capable of one shotting as well.

Batman dodges lightning he is just that god like:

Batman can take Wonder Woman blitzing him in the back and having slamming his face in the concrete and survives being Thrown by Wraith and Superman. The hardest punch Peter can even think of throwing is not harder than either of those 3 things that's happen to Batman, and he didn't even have his armor for the WW one. >:D

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Oh, I get it. Yeah, the divine Batman curbstomps people like Supes and WW. Nobody can beat him. ;-)

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: spiderman can't even beat Damien wayne let a whole the whole family

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's above lighting speed

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close to mach, but he's fast enough to dodge automatic fire at point blank, so at least >3000 miles per second.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

Not even close to mach, but he's fast enough to dodge automatic fire at point blank, so at least >3000 miles per second.

He has moved around at mach 1.9 though. IIRC he's dodged lightning too. Even light once, though dodging light isn't really consistent.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm not sure if we're being serious when we're saying he moves at lightening speed or not...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: He's dodged lightning before, but no way has he ran that fast.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDandyMan

@mysticmedivh: Are we sure he's not "aim dodging" rather than dodging the actual lightening? I mean, when you think that lightning is apparently 224,000 mph compared to sound which is about 800 mph it does seem a little far-fetched.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedandyman: In this instance, for example, he sure doesn't look like it.

No Caption Provided

Or these.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Personally, seeing as he's not known for being an amazing aim, I'd say Peter's just too fast for Electro to keep up with rather than his bolts. This is the kind of instance where I can certainly agree that Spiderman dodged the projectile:

No Caption Provided

It's clearly stated that he's dodged the bullet rather than the aim whereas the Electro examples are left ambiguous. I guess it's debatable though.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil wasn't one shotted in that scan of spider-man blitzing him to be honest. With that said the idea spider-man can't one shot daredevil or batman is complete nonsense. He'd kill them both in one punch if he wanted to. For the record when I say that I mean his hand can go through both there bodies at the same time, not that he would need one punch to kill daredevil and than another punch to kill batman.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Oh, I get it. Yeah, the divine Batman curbstomps people like Supes and WW. Nobody can beat him. ;-)

Praise the Chew force!!!!

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But how is his travel speed mach 2? People throw that statement out everytime. I always see people say he traveled 5 miles in 2 seconds? Thats PIS feat and everyone knows it but spiderman fanboys will say its not PIS.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ariesxmasters

@wrglfan2814 said:

@those_eyes: So its pis because you don't like it?

Is Batman being able to punch Superman and make him bleed PIS just because Superman fanboys don't like it? Also I agree with those_eyes because there is a lot of favoritism, and fanboyism toward Spider-man and a few other characters. Like people always trying to say he one shots someone just because he has lifting strength and can lift cars which doesn't equate to striking strength. Yeah he has a few high end striking feats, but so what, so does Batman and every other character ever created. Spider-man is an amazing character to read about, and I understand if you like him, because I myself enjoy his Comics from the art style to his silly humor, but when people try to like spin him into something he isn't on here it kind of ruin the portrayal of the character.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ariesxmasters

@ariesxmasters: So your equating spiderman running five miles in 2 seconds to batman (peak human) making a planet buster bleed?

There is No favoritism your just biased towards a character you obviously like less than batman.

How does lifting strength not equate to striking feats? So in your mind, a character could lift a building, but if he has no striking feats than he still couldnt one shot batman? That makes no sense.

Yes I'm equating them since they were both probably done for the plot, but that the thing about PIS is that it is subjective on what is and what isn't.

How is that bias? I didn't write the story that Batman knocked Superman out a building and make him bleed. David Finch and some people at DC saw that and said it looks fine to me publish.

Lifting doesn't equate to striking.

A boxer (who lifts less than a bodybuilder) can knock you out faster than a bodybuilder can I bet.

(This is a example I'm not trying to turn this into a pointless Superman vs Goku thread)

Just because Superman lifts more than Goku does that mean his strike is neccsarily harder? No Goku striking strength was so high he was able to bust a whole throught the back of King Kai's planet that is 10x dense than Earth.

Striking =/= lifting.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Still doesn't make sense. Let me put in perspective. Spiderman can lift 20 tons. Thats roughly ten fully packed cars Peter can lift over his head. He can lift more bloodlusted but you get the point. Now your trying to tell me that with that strength he can't one shot a human? Never mind that spiderman already has the striking feats to say he could easily one shot Bruce. This guy can lift a subway car over his head. I mean its common sense At this point.

You're still trying to do lifting equal's striking which it doesn't. Bruce has striking feats that say he could easily one shot Peter :D it goes both way that's just how feats work every character has their high's and lows if Batman can make Superman bleed with a punch then Peter would be dead. I cannot believe you still believe that Batman is peak human that is actually pretty funny, and smart on DC's part because of marketing and stuff. You know the Bat-god thing exists for a reason right? :)

Again who would you rather get punched by Mike Tyson or a body builder? Mike Tyson would lay you out way faster than a body builder could ever dream of. How about this if I asked you to lift 40 pounds using both hands you would be able to do it probably rather easy now if I told you to destroy that same 40lbs by punching think you'd be able to do it? Obviously no.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I'm equating them since they were both probably done for the plot, but that the thing about PIS is that it is subjective on what is and what isn't.

How is that bias? I didn't write the story that Batman knocked Superman out a building and make him bleed. David Finch and some people at DC saw that and said it looks fine to me publish.

A boxer (who lifts less than a bodybuilder) can knock you out faster than a bodybuilder can I bet.

(This is a example I'm not trying to turn this into a pointless Superman vs Goku thread)

Just because Superman lifts more than Goku does that mean his strike is neccsarily harder? No Goku striking strength was so high he was able to bust a whole throught the back of King Kai's planet that is 10x dense than Earth.

Striking =/= lifting.

There was no plot when spider-man ran five miles in 2 seconds. He ran to stop some burglars who had nothing to do with the actual plot of the story. Batman was amped on venom and superman has feats like getting hit to other countries which is clearly above batmans pay grade. Its amazing spider-man 224. The rest of your comment is something I will touch with goku and superman.

@mysticmedivh said:

If Spider-man ain't one shotting Daredevil he forsure ain't one shotting Batman or anyone from the Batfamily.

Spider-man was acting irrationally in that encounter, which is why daredevil gave him problems. Once he got a hold of himself he beat the tar out of daredevil. Spider-man pulls his punches on daredevil. If spider-man hit daredevil or batman anywhere like this:

Notice the size of the crater, and the fact cars go flying as a result of his punch. Batman has never tanked a hit that big.
Notice the size of the crater, and the fact cars go flying as a result of his punch. Batman has never tanked a hit that big.

Batman can take Wonder Woman blitzing him in the back and having slamming his face in the concrete and survives being Thrown by Wraith and Superman. The hardest punch Peter can even think of throwing is not harder than either of those 3 things that's happen to Batman, and he didn't even have his armor for the WW one. >:D

You uploaded scans of superman holding back against batman while he was on venom, a scan of him taking hits from wrath while he was in his stealth suit, and a scan of him taking hits from wonder woman who was jokerized (Snyder confirmed she wasn't at full strength). And even than the only legit scan you have is the wonder woman one, but notice the crater caused is actually smaller than the one Peter caused above so even that still isn't comparable to Peters best hits. Am I saying that spider-man hits harder than wonder woman? No. Am I saying that wonder woman didn't hit batman as hard as she could due to plot reasons to protect batman (the most likely explanation being her being jokerized)? Yes. Batman has no quantifiable feats to suggest he can tank a hit from Spider-man.

@wrglfan2814 said:

Is Batman being able to punch Superman and make him bleed PIS just because Superman fanboys don't like it? Also I agree with those_eyes because there is a lot of favoritism, and fanboyism toward Spider-man and a few other characters. Like people always trying to say he one shots someone just because he has lifting strength and can lift cars which doesn't equate to striking strength. Yeah he has a few high end striking feats, but so what, so does Batman and every other character ever created. Spider-man is an amazing character to read about, and I understand if you like him, because I myself enjoy his Comics from the art style to his silly humor, but when people try to like spin him into something he isn't on here it kind of ruin the portrayal of the character.

No its PIS because it means that logically batman would need to be able to punch with enough force to send people flying to other countries. Since anyone with common sense knows that isn't the case its PIS. That and you seem to be ignoring batman being on venom (a consistent theme in your argument seems to be ignoring context).

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Really? Why make another account?

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I requested a ban some time ago to focus on school, but I am done my work for now so I'm using this account in the mean time.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:

@mysticmedivh said:

I requested a ban some time ago to focus on school, but I am done my work for now so I'm using this account in the mean time.

Understandable.

But yay! Glad to see you're on the Vine.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for how fast spider-man is, honestly on average I don't think he exceeds the speed of sound (all though he does have a few feats of being faster than sound). IIRC he's crossed New York city in 11 minutes IIRC and I remember looking into how fast that would make him, and it puts his speed at 480 MPH I believe. In terms of combat speed he's moved faster than the human eye can follow, he's dodged bullets after they are fired, he's blitzed bullet timers like daredevil, etc. In terms of his reactions he sees the world in slow motion according to amazing spider-man #11. He also has his precog.

So he is faster than the average street leveller but I would say he is below the speed of sound on average.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:

@ariesxmasters said:

Striking =/= lifting.

There was no plot when spider-man ran five miles in 2 seconds. He ran to stop some burglars who had nothing to do with the actual plot of the story. Batman was amped on venom and superman has feats like getting hit to other countries which is clearly above batmans pay grade. Its amazing spider-man 224. The rest of your comment is something I will touch with goku and superman.

@ariesxmasters said:

@mysticmedivh said:

Spider-man was acting irrationally in that encounter, which is why daredevil gave him problems. Once he got a hold of himself he beat the tar out of daredevil. Spider-man pulls his punches on daredevil. If spider-man hit daredevil or batman anywhere like this:

@ariesxmasters said:

You uploaded scans of superman holding back against batman while he was on venom, a scan of him taking hits from wrath while he was in his stealth suit, and a scan of him taking hits from wonder woman who was jokerized (Snyder confirmed she wasn't at full strength). And even than the only legit scan you have is the wonder woman one, but notice the crater caused is actually smaller than the one Peter caused above so even that still isn't comparable to Peters best hits. Am I saying that spider-man hits harder than wonder woman? No. Am I saying that wonder woman didn't hit batman as hard as she could due to plot reasons to protect batman (the most likely explanation being her being jokerized)? Yes. Batman has no quantifiable feats to suggest he can tank a hit from Spider-man.

@ariesxmasters said:

@wrglfan2814 said:

No its PIS because it means that logically batman would need to be able to punch with enough force to send people flying to other countries. Since anyone with common sense knows that isn't the case its PIS. That and you seem to be ignoring batman being on venom (a consistent theme in your argument seems to be ignoring context).

Look I didn't even read all that you spaced it out entirely to much. Batman was not on Bane's Venom when he punched Superman people need to stop saying that Batman when clearly they didn't read the Comic, because if they did they would know he was on Scarecrow toxic and was not buffed by it at all.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Also PIS is subjective, every character has high and low showing. Batman punching Superman and knocking him out of a building is a feat whether you like it or hate it, it happened lol someone at DC saw that and approved and said it was good. Stop making excuses for literally everything that is all you're doing tbh, that is literally all you're doing :D. Doesn't matter if Wonder Woman was Jokerized Batman survived her smashing his head in the concrete and he recovered pretty quickly, So what if Superman was holding back the fact of the matter is he threw Batman from that height through a building and Batman was still alive, big deal if Batman had his stealth suit the fact is he survived the throw.

Don't reply if you're just going to continue to make excuses on why Batman survived lol noticed how I'm not doing the same for Spider-man.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look I didn't even read all that you spaced it out entirely to much. Batman was not on Bane's Venom when he punched Superman people need to stop saying that Batman when clearly they didn't read the Comic, because if they did they would know he was on Scarecrow toxic and was not buffed by it at all.

Take your own advice and read the story in question. It was later stated that batman was injected by the same toxin as flash, and Bane confirmed he used batman as a test subject for his new venom. I also notice you conveniently forgot to upload the page before where scarecrow syas . Likewise if you read the issue you know that everyone who was on venom had speech bubbles the way batman had speech bubbles:

See deathstroke was on venom and his speech bubbles are the exact same as batmans when he was injected with venom, and notice how batmans speech bubble after the injection is different than when deathstroke is choking batman.
See deathstroke was on venom and his speech bubbles are the exact same as batmans when he was injected with venom, and notice how batmans speech bubble after the injection is different than when deathstroke is choking batman.

Scare crow used his fear toxin on batman prior to that, the injection scarecrow put in batman was venom. Bane later confirms batman was injected with HIS toxin not scare corws:

No Caption Provided

Also PIS is subjective, every character has high and low showing. Batman punching Superman and knocking him out of a building is a feat whether you like it or hate it, it happened lol someone at DC saw that and approved and said it was good. Stop making excuses for literally everything that is all you're doing tbh, that is literally all you're doing :D. Doesn't matter if Wonder Woman was Jokerized Batman survived her smashing his head in the concrete and he recovered pretty quickly, So what if Superman was holding back the fact of the matter is he threw Batman from that height through a building and Batman was still alive, big deal if Batman had his stealth suit the fact is he survived the throw.

Don't reply if you're just going to continue to make excuses on why Batman survived lol noticed how I'm not doing the same for Spider-man.

Batman sending superman flying while on venom isn't the issue its making him bleed. If PIS is subjective I suppose spider-man is now more durable than multiple since he tanked a blast from a bloodlusted silver surfer:

You know since PIS is subjective now, I can't wait to make spider-man VS Goku threads!
You know since PIS is subjective now, I can't wait to make spider-man VS Goku threads!

I never made excuses I stated facts. Wonder woman was jokerized, and Scott Snyder did confirm in an interview this meant the league were weakened. The fact is when wonder woman slammed batman into the ground and caused the crater, the resulting crater was smaller than craters spider-man himself has created. If Peter wanted to kill batman he would do it effortlessly.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:

@ariesxmasters said:

Take your own advice and read the story in question. It was later stated that batman was injected by the same toxin as flash, and Bane confirmed he used batman as a test subject for his new venom. I also notice you conveniently forgot to upload the page before where scarecrow syas . Likewise if you read the issue you know that everyone who was on venom had speech bubbles the way batman had speech bubbles:

Scare crow used his fear toxin on batman prior to that, the injection scarecrow put in batman was venom. Bane later confirms batman was injected with HIS toxin not scare corws:

No Caption Provided

@ariesxmasters said:

Batman sending superman flying while on venom isn't the issue its making him bleed. If PIS is subjective I suppose spider-man is now more durable than multiple since he tanked a blast from a bloodlusted silver surfer:

I never made excuses I stated facts. Wonder woman was jokerized, and Scott Snyder did confirm in an interview this meant the league were weakened. The fact is when wonder woman slammed batman into the ground and caused the crater, the resulting crater was smaller than craters spider-man himself has created. If Peter wanted to kill batman he would do it effortlessly.

I own, and I did read it. Interesting here it says it was his adrenaline counteracted the drugs.

No Caption Provided

It's not about how big the crater was it was about who was the one slamming him into it. Wonder Woman whether she is Jokerized or not doesn't really matter yeah she was weakened, but even weakened she is still strong. Even a weakened Wonder Woman is more than a match for Spider-man. Thank goodness I don't care about the whole character vs character thing, or else Comicvine and it's users could really ruin your image on a character you really like, and make you kind of dislike them just because of this. Hmmm I see now you're obviously a humongous Spider-man fan. I just looked through your gallery and all you see is Spider-man related stuff. So yes I can imagine you hold him in a pretty high regard, and think he can one shot anyone.

Haha Goku vs Spider-man ehhhh. ;D

That's Comic's for you. All this "PIS", "CIS", "WIS" and favoritism and fanboyism crap is why I have always looked at the whole Battle Forum, and character vs character thing as nothing more than a joke, and a way to quickly increase my post count and really nothing more. Every character has high end and low ending feats, inconsistencies and feats that contradict each other so it's really hard to accurately judge what anyone can do. Plus, what people count as PIS and what they don't is completely up to them. That's why I've never understood fans trying to make their character look unbeatable I've always thought of it as pointless. Wally West, and Superman fans are the most guilty of this. Specially Wally West it's so bad for him people are just taking blatant feats out of context just to try to make the character look unbeatable which I think is again pointless.