"Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends" movie?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I recently watched the new Avengers movie with my friends. After seeing the movie, we found a place where we got a hotdog and talked nerd-talk. We discussed whatever Spiderman should be in the new Avenger movie, but then one of my friends said that what Marvel REALLY should do was making a Spiderman And His Amazing Friends movie instead.

What do you think?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Marvel doesnt have the rights to iceman so that wouldn't happen. But if they did I would watch it.

You sure? They apparently have the right to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tyger

They can probably use Firestar due to the fact that she was originally in Spider-Man and spent most of her mainstream comic career as a New Warrior, and then IIRC as an Avenger (with Justice/Vance Astro), and only recently joined the X-Men.

But no, they don't have access to Iceman. So they'd have to replace him with Justice or some other hero.

But I think they'd be better off working on a New Warriors movie. (Maybe working with Sony to make a Spider-Man tie in.)

The thing with QS and SW was that Fox has the rights to 'mutants' in the Marvel Universe, and they first appeared as villains in X-Men books. But then went to the Avengers almost immediately. And THEN found out they were Magneto's kids. Firestar may fall under the same clause. She's a mutant, and her first mainstream appearance was as one of the Hellions, an X-Men villain, but also might not. They may have held out the character by name due to her New Warriors status. But if they had the foresight for that, the probably would have done so for the twins.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Tyger

...but, if we want Firestar for a Marvel movie...

Maximum Carnage / Symbiote Invasion for Phase 4?