#1 Posted by Wolfrazer (6104 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I can't be the only one bothered by this in battles. But does anyone find it rather...lets see how do I put this? Find it rather....ridiculous? I should say? That in just about every battle involving those that can move super fast compared to those that can't that people just say... 

"Oh so and so speedblitz" 

"Oh so and so is too fast for them." 

Now while right speed helps in battles...it shouldn't be the only thing that constitutes as a win, that is just stupid. If it were that easy, then why is it those with super speed aren't just trashing everyone around them? But anyway just throwing that out there is all, comment if you so wish.

#2 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19942 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they are driving at if someone is so fast they can dodge all attacks and dish out some (although durability/reaction speed plays a massive role as well).

#3 Posted by Pokeysteve (8093 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash's, Kryptonians, Wonder Woman....if you can't hit them, you can't beat them. Pretty simple.

#4 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

Well a big thing that tends to separate what should happen in comics and what does happen in comics is speed. In reality speed has an exponential effect on striking power, but actually displaying speed accurately... well it tends to get in the way of the plot and when it doesn't its utilized really inconsistently. So a traditionally strong character that can get more speed behind their strikes are going to realistically have more potency than that a strong character of the same strength but less speed. Speed will also be but one aspect of a character that is often balanced out with other aspects, which again really just adds more inconsistency. Battles threads? They have a lot of problems as far as reasoning, argumentum ad ignorantiam for one. Overplaying some simpler aspects in favor of full context merely another.

#5 Posted by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

The Flash's, Kryptonians, Wonder Woman....if you can't hit them, you can't beat them. Pretty simple.

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Pokeysteve said:

#7 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

#8 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, without time, there is no speed.