#1 Edited by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Now for anybody thats heard of the game SoulCalibur IV, (maybe you know this) Darth Vader and Yoda appear on the SoulCalibur cast as guest appearances (and so does The Secret Apprentice aka The Starkiller). Darth Vader is on the PS3 version of the game, and Yoda is on the X360 version. GameSpot reviews say that Yoda is a embaressment to the SoulCalibur cast. Referring to his size, it's impossible to perform grab moves on him. Even Yoda can't grab Yoda. Also says that he does not mesh with the rest of cast. I saw a video review of the game. The guy was showing us how the game looks and we even got a look at arcade mode. Now if you'd played Mortal Kombat before, if you noticed, the bigger the fighter slower they are. From what I saw, all this BIG character had to do was stomp on Yoda 3 or 4 times to knock him out. I don't know about you, but I could see what this guy's  talking about. Now I want your opinion . . . Darth Vader or Yoda. Who's better? And what do you think about them being on seperet consoles?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

Yoda sucks.

#3 Posted by Shanana (53030 posts) - - Show Bio

First off Separate consoles, and secondly Yoda does suck, Vader should have been on both aswell as obi wan kenobi.Hopefully The rumors are True and Sora will be in the next one^^

#4 Posted by Grav (109 posts) - - Show Bio
A little teardrop runs down his green cheek    What's with all the hate..?
#5 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio

Apprentice is awesome, however I always jump out of the ring just trying to perform simple moves with that little green bastard

Staff
#6 Posted by fesak (7057 posts) - - Show Bio

Both characters actually are in the coding for both versions of the game.
Which suggests they will later on let you pay money to use a character already on the disc.

#7 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I pay money to have Yoda taken off?

There's also a couple extra slots in the chr select screen.

Staff
#8 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I'm wrong. I've been reading, reviews say that you could use downloadable content to get yoda on ps3 and get darth vader on 360. What's up with that?

#9 Posted by fesak (7057 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Can I pay money to have Yoda taken off?

There's also a couple extra slots in the chr select screen."

Couple? there's one extra slot where supposedly Vader/Yoda goes.
#10 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader is not, as of yet, available for the 360

Staff
#11 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless your really good at fighting games like me Yoda is one that u'll  find extremely difficult to control.

#12 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"inferiorego said:
"Can I pay money to have Yoda taken off?

There's also a couple extra slots in the chr select screen."

Couple? there's one extra slot where supposedly Vader/Yoda goes."
You're right, I forgot about apprentice.
Staff
#13 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Unless your really good at fighting games like me Yoda is one that u'll  find extremely difficult to control."
I agree.
One thing, I know he's small, but they couldn't have made him A LITTLE bit BIGGER
#14 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio
aloes000 said:
"Yes you are supposed to download yoda through playstation network.That sucks but thats what they want"
WUT?? thats great. i dont even have the correct cables to even make it to the internet browser
#15 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have made him a litter faster.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

Adding Star Wars characters was a terrible gimmick one the will surely pay for when SFIV comes out and owns them in sales with their own characters.

#17 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio

They shouldn't have made Yoda a spazz

Staff
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"They shouldn't have made Yoda a spazz"
They should have put someone in a 3-d fighting game that is 3 times shorter than everyone else.
#19 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
They should have put someone in a 3-d fighting game that is 3 times shorter than everyone else."
Soul Caliber screws Xbox owners....again
Staff
#20 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Mortal Kombat vs DC is gonna own everybody!

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Actually Mortal Kombat vs DC is gonna own everybody!"
The odds of a game that hasn't been successful since 2001 crossed with a company that has a terrible record with games beating out the best selling fighting game of all time is extremely slim.
#22 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Adding Star Wars characters was a terrible gimmick one the will surely pay for when SFIV comes out and owns them in sales with their own characters."
i respectfully disagree. adding star wars characters might have been the best move they made. it could boost sales and attract ALOT of attention. if there weren't any star wars icons in this game we wouldn't have anything to talk about right now . . .
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Hero1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Adding Star Wars characters was a terrible gimmick one the will surely pay for when SFIV comes out and owns them in sales with their own characters."
i respectfully disagree. adding star wars characters might have been the best move they made. it could boost sales and attract ALOT of attention. if there weren't any star wars icons in this game we wouldn't have anything to talk about right now . . .
"
Star Wars doesn't fit with Knights,Wizards,Martial Artists,and Samurai's.You can't block a light saber with nunchucks or a katana.
#24 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hero1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Star Wars doesn't fit with Knights,Wizards,Martial Artists,and Samurai's.You can't block a light saber with nunchucks or a katana."
I think it works well, just not Yoda though.
Lantern Prime said:
I'm excited but I have a good feeling it is going to suck
Staff
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
They should have put someone in a 3-d fighting game that is 3 times shorter than everyone else."
Soul Caliber screws Xbox owners....again"
Again?
#26 Edited by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
The odds of a game that hasn't been successful since 2001 crossed with a company that has a terrible record with games beating out the best selling fighting game of all time is extremely slim."
???????????? Im assuming that  u never played Mortal Kombat Deception which dates back in 2004 and it was 2002 when MK Alliance came  out . Street Fighter 2 was the last good SF game.
#27 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hero1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Star Wars doesn't fit with Knights,Wizards,Martial Artists,and Samurai's.You can't block a light saber with nunchucks or a katana."
that is SO true. the other day i was thinking the exact same thing. but thats wat makes this game special. the series started out with knights wizard and samurais. and too have star wars characters make guest appearances like this is pretty cool. you would have never seen it coming.
#28 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
Again?"
Soul Caliber 2: Spawn
Staff
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
Again?"
Soul Caliber 2: Spawn"
Better than Heihachi....
#30 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"inferiorego said:
Again?"
Soul Caliber 2: Spawn"
Better than Heihachi...."
touche
Staff
#31 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn was awesome.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
The odds of a game that hasn't been successful since 2001 crossed with a company that has a terrible record with games beating out the best selling fighting game of all time is extremely slim."
???????????? Im assuming that  u never played Mortal Kombat Deception which dates back in 2004 and it was 2002 when MK Alliance came  out . Street Fighter 2 was the last good SF game."
2002..one year off.Ok that was 6 years ago.Dead Alliance and MKII & MK3U are the only ones that sold a million.Street Fighter II being the last good Street Fighter is your opinion..nowhere near fact.
#33 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro said:

"Hero1 said:
"Vance Astro said:
i respectfully disagree. adding star wars characters might have been the best move they made. it could boost sales and attract ALOT of attention. if there weren't any star wars icons in this game we wouldn't have anything to talk about right now . . .
"
that is SO true. the other day i was thinking the exact same thing. but thats wat makes this game special. the series started out with knights wizard and samurais. and too have star wars characters make guest appearances like this is pretty cool. you would have never seen it coming.
#34 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"Spawn was awesome."
Lies....
Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
???????????? Im assuming that  u never played Mortal Kombat Deception which dates back in 2004 and it was 2002 when MK Alliance came  out . Street Fighter 2 was the last good SF game."
2002..one year off.Ok that was 6 years ago.Dead Alliance and MKII & MK3U are the only ones that sold a million.Street Fighter II being the last good Street Fighter is your opinion..nowhere near fact."
SFIII= amazing.... Marvel vs. Capcom=amazing...
Staff
#35 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Deception did well too.

#36 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Sha said:
"First off Separate consoles, and secondly Yoda does suck, Vader should have been on both aswell as obi wan kenobi.Hopefully The rumors are True and Sora will be in the next one^^"
Lolsora
#37 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Spawn was awesome."
Lies....
Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
2002..one year off.Ok that was 6 years ago.Dead Alliance and MKII & MK3U are the only ones that sold a million.Street Fighter II being the last good Street Fighter is your opinion..nowhere near fact."
"
1) Thats because YOU! didn't know how to use him right.

2) I agree with Marvel vs Capcom completely
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"

Deception did well too.

"
It didn't sell a mill so it's not worth mentioning.Street Fighter sold more than Deception on re-vamps.
#39 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

*Smiles at the sillness and then leaves*

#40 Posted by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys

can you compare the type of fighting game mortal kombat is, to soul calibur.
i can
#41 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio
Lantern Prime said:
"inferiorego said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Spawn was awesome."
Lies....
Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"
1) Thats because YOU! didn't know how to use him right.

2) I agree with Marvel vs Capcom completely"
I CAN BE ANGRY TOO! GRRR.
Staff
#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
Hero1 said:
"hey guys
i can
"
MK is worth more than Soul Calibur as a franchise...there needs to be like 4-5 more Soul Calibur's for a comparison in that way but as far as gameplay and the overall appeal of the game Soul Calibur is out of MK's league.MK hasn't been popular in years.This stupid DC gimmick isn't going to work either after 3 straight MK's flop they take out a loan to do a crossover with the company who has the rights to the character behind the worst game of all time..Superman 64..and that isn't the only game with a DC character attached to it that was complete garbage.
#43 Posted by inferiorego (25613 posts) - - Show Bio

MK is a gimmick: Fatalities

Staff
#44 Edited by Hero1 (190 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hero1 said:
"hey guys
i can
"
MK is worth more than Soul Calibur as a franchise...there needs to be like 4-5 more Soul Calibur's for a comparison in that way but as far as gameplay and the overall appeal of the game Soul Calibur is out of MK's league.MK hasn't been popular in years.This stupid DC gimmick isn't going to work either after 3 straight MK's flop they take out a loan to do a crossover with the company who has the rights to the character behind the worst game of all time..Superman 64..and that isn't the only game with a DC character attached to it that was complete garbage."
idk. i wuz sorta bored with mortal kombat armageddon after a 1 month and a half. and as a gamer, thats not normal. if someone knows  something about mortal kombat that i don't. like . . . . . WHEN THEY'RE ACTUAL GONNA COME OUT WITH ANOTHER GAME please tell me. becuz as of right now, mortal kombat is washed up. mortal kombat armageddon dated back 2 years in 06' now i am a fan mortal kombat but if they were going to come out with another game im pretty sure they would have done it by now. yeh it's popular but washed up. but if mortal kombat's last game was 2 years ago . . . it's gonna stay washed up.