#1 Posted by Vitaeleous (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Midtown Comics posted this morning to promo the release of a comic based on a disgrace of a TV show, Jersey Shore. Frankly, this pisses me off. And there are a lot of reasons, but mostly it just comes across as an affront to the medium of Comics. We're worth more than this, capable of telling some truly great stories, and this is the garbage that is relegated to our pages. So, weigh in. What's your take? Is this an appropriate use of the medium? Will you be buying this comic? Give 'er.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=554248994587035&set=a.150089371669668.26292.149522418393030&type=1&theater

#2 Posted by Vitaeleous (70 posts) - - Show Bio
The cover, for the record.
#3 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I'm sure it's terrible, but this is hardly the worst thing I've seen in comics. I guarantee you nothing in this book could offend me more than the few pages I read of The Boys.

That said, maybe it's not so bad -- just seeing this cover was good for a hearty laugh.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

Just gonna switch this to Gen. Discussion, as the comic book preview board is for the posting of official previews by staff only.

But regarding the actual topic, I will gladly boycott that series lol.

#5 Posted by ThePRez (285 posts) - - Show Bio

who will read this comic anyway?

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLZ internet rage. I fistpumped-grinded my way through the club less than 12 hours ago in honor of my Jersey Shore mainmen. My shirt was tight and rhinestoned, my hair was fabulous, the spirit of GTL/FPC flew through me and it was wondeful. Thank you Situation, Pauly D, Vinny, and thank you BasedGod.

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't buy it.

I know I won't.

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

actually if I didn't know what Jersey Shore was, this could totally be a cover for a new indie series.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33396 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read it

#11 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I can't say I'm surprised about who's the cover artist.

#12 Posted by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen the tv show once, and that was enough. I would never buy a comic book based on that show.

#13 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.... cool :D

#14 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

I guarantee this make will be better written than All New X-men

#15 Posted by Loki9876 (3048 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill it with fire.

#16 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

Oh, I'm sure it's terrible, but this is hardly the worst thing I've seen in comics. I guarantee you nothing in this book could offend me more than the few pages I read of The Boys.

That said, maybe it's not so bad -- just seeing this cover was good for a hearty laugh.

Better not read 120 days of Sodom or Gravity's Rainbow or your head might explode. Hard to read comics when you can't understand classic literary techniques.

#17 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes: It probably is hard to read comics in that situation. Happily I have a B.A. in English and have a mastery of those techniques and their criticism.

#18 Edited by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Markus_Langbourn said:

I guarantee this make will be better written than All New X-men

We have a situation here.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't do it anymore.

#20 Posted by Vitaeleous (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Now, imagine it as drawn by..Liefeld.

#21 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vitaeleous said:

Ugh... thanks a lot, now I have to go try and clean my soul... that mental image covered it in filth.

#22 Posted by SmashBrawler (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vitaeleous said:

Meh, it would be kinda funny, not horrible. A Greg Land cover on the other hand...

#23 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

He just wanted a comicvine character profile.

kh••d