Sooo which DC movies are actually confirmed?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By MatthewParker

So i have heard rumors about Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Shazam, but have any of them actually been officially confirmed besides BvS?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By EyeDCyou

Confirmed

Suicide Squad (confirmed to be in development by WB with David Ayer being scouted)

Shazam! (confirmed with BA cast)

Justice League (Confirmed to be the goal of BvS)

Aquaman (WB confirmed that they hired the writers for the script)

Rumored/Limbo

Wonder Woman - assumed but no confirmation in any form other than Diana being cast for BvS

JLD - In the writing stage, but it has been for a while. GDT is busy with Pacific Rim 2 at the moment. But he said he would be working on it after Rim

Sandman - Kind of in limbo right now. JGL revently stated that the project was still in development though.

Flash/Green Lantern team up - Rumored via Nikki Finke leak

I think that's it....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

In my book, the only ones confirmed are BvS, Justice League, Shazam. Everything else is either rumors, something DC might want to do, or projects that have kinda gone in limbo like Del Toro's JLD.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

They've released something like 9 future release dates without the titles yet, so even though only a few have been confirmed, I'm very excited to see them hopefully stepping up their game in the Movie department.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@eyedcyou said:

Suicide Squad, Shazam!, Justice League, Aquaman

Kevin Tsujihara hinted the Justice League movie in the past!

"As for DC Entertainment, cross-studio collaboration to make better use of its comic book characters appears to have accelerated considerably since Mr. Tsujihara took over, in part because he eliminated some management layers. (He has not named a chief operating officer and did not replace Mr. Rosenblum and Mr. Robinov, choosing instead to divide up their duties and assume some himself.) Two new television shows are coming to the CW and Fox, including one based on the Flash and another on a young Batman, and a film series will be announced in the near future, Mr. Tsujihara said. It is expected to include a "Justice League" movie."

WB or any subsidiary like new line mentioned officially (Suicide Squad or Aquaman) ?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4thor: I edited my post to explain each film.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zaied

Dawn of Justice, Shazam, and Justice League.

That's basically it.

4Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4Thor

@eyedcyou:

Suicide Squad

The Hollywood Reporterbrings word this afternoon that End of Watch and Fury director David Ayer is circling the big screen adaptation of the villains-turned-heroes tale.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123113

Aquaman

According to The Hollywood Reporter Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad have been hired to create their own scripts for an Aquaman movie. Beall's credits include Gangster Squad and Castle, and Johnstad's credits include both 300 movies and Act of Valor.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/two-writers-currently-working-on-aquaman-movie-scr/1100-149508/

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn this thread crashed and burned quick! lol

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By iDude

@the_stegman said:

In my book, the only ones confirmed are BvS, Justice League, Shazam. Everything else is either rumors, something DC might want to do, or projects that have kinda gone in limbo like Del Toro's JLD.

Basically this ^.

Aquaman and Suicide Squad reportedly have scripts in the works, But they they are yet to be confirmed by Wb.

Sandman and JLD are confirmed to be in development but we haven't really had many updates on them.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Scripts don't mean jack. 1000s of scripts are written for movie studios doesn't mean they're picked up.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: well when the characters for the films have already been cast it's a bit of a safer bet.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FearTheLiving

@eyedcyou: Well yeah, I was speaking about Aquaman. Just because he may be cast (not confirmed) doesn't mean the script will pan out for his movie.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Agreed.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Suicide Squad or JLD. The SS announcement came off as "Yeah, it'd be nice if we could get that going"; Del Toro always attaches himself to what feels like a million projects and then ends up doing about two of them; Sandman feels the most concrete, but it'll be awhile before anything materializes; and for Aquaman, it's just a script-- I'm sure WB has a bunch of scripts for DC characters that are just sitting around.