• 97 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

Suddenly, I'm somewhat less concerned about the amount of characters allegedly being introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Today, Sony announced the release date for not just the expected The Amazing Spider-Man 3, but also for The Amazing Spider-Man 4. Having 4 films to spread everything out gives director Marc Webb much more room to play with the characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the confirmed characters are merely set-up in the next film or even just teased. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is slated for June 10, 2016 and The Amazing Spider-Man 4 is set for May 4, 2018. So yeah, it seems like you shouldn't get your hopes up on Marvel Studios getting those rights back any time soon.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to hit theaters May 2, 2014.

Staff
#1 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Sony may be getting ahead of themselves, but hopefully they continue from ASM which was amazing.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... makes me wonder if a certain predicted death in this upcoming installment will happen or if they wait until the third film.

#3 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i quit...i'm out.

#4 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33484 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... makes me wonder if a certain predicted death in this upcoming installment will happen or if they wait until the third film.

Hopefully later, I don't want to be deprived of my Gwen :(

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

i quit...i'm out.

Because?

Staff
#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I'm actually thinking that this movie will end with a cliffhanger. Not the actual predicted death but the predicted killer taking the predicted victim as an ending.

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

asm was a flaming pile of not-good. and they want 2 more movies when not even the first sequel is out yet?

#8 Posted by Mucklefluga (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Dafuq!!

#9 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6304 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Suddenly, I'm somewhat less concerned about the amount of characters allegedly being introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Today, Sony announced the release date for not just the expected The Amazing Spider-Man 3, but also for The Amazing Spider-Man 4. Having 4 films to spread everything out gives director Marc Webb much more room to play with the characters, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the confirmed characters are merely set-up in the next film or even just teased. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is slated for June 10, 2016 and The Amazing Spider-Man 4 is set for May 4, 2018. So yeah, it seems like you shouldn't get your hopes up on Marvel Studios getting those rights back any time soon.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is scheduled to hit theaters May 2, 2014.

Yay!

#10 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't a big fan of the generic story in TASM, but I have to admit that Emma Stone did a bang-up job. Probably the most solid "girlfriend" role I've seen yet in a comic book movie.

#11 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8014 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Same here. I liked her so much better then MJ.

In the comics and the movies.

#12 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Counting their chickens before they hatch.

Playing with fire Sony.

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21880 posts) - - Show Bio

Poop! Sticks! I hated asm

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (42477 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never get the hate for TASM. Was a masterpiece? No. But it was pretty good.

#15 Edited by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God! When Spider-Man 4 comes out, I'll almost be 40! I'm older than dinosaur $#!%.........

#16 Edited by Jonny_Rogers (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's not my place to say so because I'm not a Spiderman fan... but four films? Really?

What I love in a comic book movie is having to wait for it... that feeling of having deserved to watch a film that I have waited for, but this really sucks the fun out of that.

I'm truly sorry to all Spiderman fans, but this has pushed it a little too far.

#17 Posted by stevencarver_ (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't really impressed with ASM, but I hope that it can be really cool in the next years.

#18 Edited by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

Really Sony that's getting ahead of yourself

#19 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@dh69 said:

i quit...i'm out.

Because?

cause other than Spider-man 2, all the spider-man movies have been garbage, and even 2 had a heap load of problems, the fact that they're confirming 2 more movies despite the fact that TASM was BARELY better than 3 is idiotic, Marvel/Disney needs to start throwing money at Sony and Fox, and get their stuff back, crap like this will still happen but atleast theres a chance of the movies being halfway decent.

#20 Posted by mikeyar19 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a movie ticket gonna cost in 2018? $30? $40? Will we have jetpacks by then/?

#21 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
I only have one bit of advice...
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17quivu7ccsz2jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
OMG, NOT AGAIN! KEEP YOUR $#%@'n MASK ON!
#22 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a movie ticket gonna cost in 2018? $30? $40? Will we have jetpacks by then/?

dont worry, if back to the future 2 proved anything we'll have flying cars within 2 years :)

#23 Edited by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

@dh69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dh69 said:

i quit...i'm out.

Because?

cause other than Spider-man 2, all the spider-man movies have been garbage, and even 2 had a heap load of problems, the fact that they're confirming 2 more movies despite the fact that TASM was BARELY better than 3 is idiotic, Marvel/Disney needs to start throwing money at Sony and Fox, and get their stuff back, crap like this will still happen but atleast theres a chance of the movies being halfway decent.

Well, with those opinions, I imagine you were out well before this announcement, then ;)

Staff
#24 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be 36 when ASM4 comes out.

::shivers::

Staff
#25 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33484 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM was a great film, I don't get the hate. I just seems like sour grapes to me.

#26 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8014 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM was a great film, I don't get the hate. I just seems like sour grapes to me.

Some also think Spider-Man 3 was the greatest Spider-Man movie ever made, some don't.

Just a difference of opinion.

#27 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Setting release dates for movies that haven't been written yet is almost always a bad practice.

#28 Edited by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is am reaction to Disney claiming the next two may dates

#29 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't... find these movies necessary.

#30 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

You and me both.

#31 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, it's not necessary for Marvel to get back the rights. Spider-Man doesn't belong in an Avengers movie anyway. IMO it would be a mistake.

#32 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (1910 posts) - - Show Bio

Was I the only one that liked that he took his mask of on occasion? I mean..look at it!! Breathing cannot be easy in that thing. Try to convince me that would be comfortable on hot summer day. I also really liked ASM. Not as much as the first 2 from the trilogy, but it was certainly enjoyable.

#33 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

You and me both.

Let's buy a yacht.

Staff
#34 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@dh69 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@dh69 said:

i quit...i'm out.

Because?

Well, with those opinions, I imagine you were out well before this announcement, then ;)

i occasionally come back in, it can get cold in canada <:)

#35 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

By the time Spider-Man 4 comes out, I'll have all gray hair. Yikes. :)

#36 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by Oscars94 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: Or any movie for that matter! I can honestly say as a kinda nerdy guy, I ended up getting a wonderful girlfriend. Watching Peter and Gwen's chemistry on-screen was like looking in a mirror. And I thought it was Amazing (Sorry)

#39 Posted by Black_Claw (2989 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew Sony was desperate to keep Spiderman away from Mickey, but DAMN!

#40 Edited by Strider92 (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they'll stop the whole Superior thing when the next film comes out. I Marvel seem to be giving Spidey a really hard time recently. First they kill him, then destroy his character and now he's got a fricking Sister that exists regardless of continuity! Nice one Marvel!

#41 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

At least something good will happen with the character.

#42 Posted by batmannflash (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

I really question the future for the Amazing Spider-Man movies...too many unwise choices

#43 Posted by frogdog (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

I only have one bit of advice... OMG, NOT AGAIN! KEEP YOUR $#%@'n MASK ON!

Same thing could be said for every spider-man movie

#44 Posted by ScarletBatman (365 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a reaction to Disney claiming a few dates so far in advance.

#45 Edited by M1cAL (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why ppl are sleeping on ASM, i'm just happy to see my boy on the big screen regardless. & the movie 4 can always be cancelled (again) later, they're just calling dibs on dates

#46 Edited by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Yep exaclty why I don't read Marvel. Marvel & DC are really a mess. Got all these characters & doing crap with them.

#47 Posted by jorgeareizaga (301 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie stinks, is super boring and I really hate Andrew Garfield´s crotch and ass

#48 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks.

#49 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually happy with this, makes me worry less if they'll jack up the story with villain saturation. I thought ASM and Spider-Man 2 were by far the best Spider-Man movies (and some of the best superhero movies in general). Hopefully this will be even better. Were they perfect? No. Comic movies never will be. I find it hard to be a comic purest when it comes to movies, it'll never be exactly like the comics. Enjoy the ride for what it is, so long as it isn't completely off center.

#50 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Smart. I like it.