• 54 results
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Bad news for Sony fans, and good news for Soider-Man/Marvel fans, Sony has reported they are expecting a loss of 2.14 billion dollars (230 billion yen). As we all know Sony has not been doing well, and the company may have to sacrifice some of it's divisions to stay in business. The CEO stated that they're future is in Mobile technologies, and gaming networking. This of course means Sony's movie division may collapse, and with no Sony movie division, the movie rights of Spider-Man will go back to Marvel/Disney, meaning we could see Spider-Man in the MCU within a foreseeable feature. This is especially possible with the severe underperformance of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" which was a very expensive film, that did not meet the project revenue Sony was hoping for. We could also see Sony selling the rights of Spider-Man back to Disney before then, if Disney is interested in buying. Disney may or may not buy Spider-Man back, because while he is a great money maker, we all know Disney is making more then enough money as it is, and may wait until Sony goes under, or loses the rights, so that they do not need to pay.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/18/business/international/sony-widens-expected-loss-to-2-14-billion.html?_r=0

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-warns-investors-of-grim-2-1bn-loss/1100-6422367/

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think Sony selling the rights to their movies such as Spiderman to Marvel and focusing on mobile and gaming systems is a good idea considering they'll get profit from seeking their movie rights and also because they're doing really well currently in the gaming department. Disney will probably buy Spiderman considering the amount of promotion they can get from adding him into Avengers 3.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

OH SWEET GOD YES! YES!! I WANT TO SEE SPIDER-MAN IN THE MCU ALREADY!!!!!!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cream_God

Praise Oprah our prayers have been heard!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I think Sony selling the rights to their movies such as Spiderman to Marvel and focusing on mobile and gaming systems is a good idea considering they'll get profit from seeking their movie rights and also because they're doing really well currently in the gaming department. Disney will probably buy Spiderman considering the amount of promotion they can get from adding him into Avengers 3.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

I honestly think Sony should only be a gaming company at this point. Even though they do have interest in mobile devices, they are not good enough to truly compete and make a profit. Right now they are #1 in gaming, and should play to their strengths.

Since Disney owns more then enough properties that make them truck loads of money, they will probably wait. I know that if I was in charge of Disney, instead of spending a ton of money on a good property, I would just focus on the fact that Disney currently has more then enough profitable franchises, such as Disney princesses, Star Wars, Pixar, Iron Man, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Avengers. As profitable as Spider-Man is, Disney doesn't need him, so instead of spending a ton of cash they will probably wait until he comes back to them naturally.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I give it 3 more years until Sony hands over the rights back to Marvel.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SheenLantern

I like how everyone is attributing this news to Spider-Man, just like how everyone on video game forums are attributing it to the PS4. Even though you can see in the articles, clear as day that Sony are blaming it their smartphones and tablets.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a Xbox man, and before that a nintendo guy, so this news doesn't disappoint me. Plus getting Spidey in the MCU would be awesome!!! If only we could get the xmen back in the MCU, then the fun could truly begin!!!!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

If Spidey does go back to Marvel I hope Andrew is still Spidey. I really liked him in AMS2

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone is attributing this news to Spider-Man, just like how everyone on video game forums are attributing it to the PS4. Even though you can see in the articles, clear as day that Sony are blaming it their smartphones and tablets.

I never said this was because of their films (however that is part of the problem), the main reason Sony is going under is their refusal to invest in MP3s and smart phones, as well as their continued investments in less relevant technology and hardware. I only bring up/focus on Spider-Man because this is a comic site.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikeyj122: The games division is still sticking around.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: MP3s? What is this, 2004? And smartphones? I'm holding a Sony Xperia Z2 in my hand literally as we speak. The problem isn't that they aren't investing in them, it's that they are and no ones f***ing buying them.

This does not affect the Spider-Man films or the PS4 or anything at all, really. You people are acting like this is the first time a company has ever posted losses.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: That's just it though, they failed to jump on MP3's back then and that was the companies biggest mistake, ever since then they've fallen behind. Same with phones, they were late to the game, and have not made a significant enough impact with them.

This does affect Spider-Man, because one of Sony's biggest problems is the lack of money they receive from the film division. Games are fine though.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SheenLantern

@captainmarvel4ever: Uhuh, ever heard of the Sony Walkman? Pretty much the only MP3 player I saw anyone have the indignity to use.

Same with phones, they were late to the game,

Again, you're pulling this out of thin air. Some of the earliest smartphones ever to hit the market were made by Sony Ericsson.

This does affect Spider-Man, because one of Sony's biggest problems is the lack of money they receive from the film division.

Riiight, anything to back this up with? Cus I didn't see any mention of this in either of the articles you posted.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be happy to see Spidey enter the Avengers O:

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: That's not what I mean, when smart phones started appearing they did not invest as much as they should have, and continued to make unnecessary products. The point is, Sony is no longer synonymous with "Quality" people think of other brands for that, except with games.

It's not in this article, it's just something people have known about from revenue stats. I didn't post it because I assumed everyone here already has their ear to the ground on anything Spider-Man related.

NoSoAmazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! It would be the funniest thing if Warner Bros. purchased the right's to Spider-Man.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: That's not what I mean, when smart phones started appearing they did not invest as much as they should have,

What, that's not good enough for you? To have been at the forefront of the next big thing and been one of the first out of the gate; you'd have preferred them to have blindly thrown all their eggs into one basket in the hope that smartphones exploded the way they did? Get a grip, this is like criticising a man in 1980 for not investing in Apple. Hindsight is 20/20, you can't criticise someone for not being able to see the future.

Sony is no longer synonymous with "Quality" people think of other brands for that, except with games.

Riiight, what is exactly is wrong with this phone I hold in my hand, then? Seems pretty nice to me. Nothing low quality about it.

It's not in this article, it's just something people have known about from revenue stats. I didn't post it because I assumed everyone here already has their ear to the ground on anything Spider-Man related.

By all means, enlighten. Post these stats, if you will.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Ghostbusters fan, I wonder what this means for the mythical GB3? Sony has the rights to it.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: No, what I'm saying is Sony did not put everything into the phones, they continued to develop other products like camera's, which people (other then professional photographers) do not need.

You may like it, but to the generally public they no longer think Sony when someone brings up phones or other related tech. I'm not saying that the make bad products, 'm saying they cannot sell them well enough.

before asking, here is a link (well it's a video, but you get the idea)

Loading Video...

Seriously, you don't even feel like looking up any of this on your own? fine, here is one article

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Ghostbusters fan, I wonder what this means for the mythical GB3? Sony has the rights to it.

I'm sure that when things do down hill they will sell off as many of the movie rights as they can, and since Ghostbusters is a very popular well known franchise, it will end up somewhere. I know WB and Paramount are both looking for more franchises.

MikeyJ122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: The latest news I read said the film will be in the theaters within two years. Which I've been hearing that since GB2 came out, so I'm not holding my breath. But as a massive Ghostbusters fan, I would like to see the franchise continue. I'm not expecting a better film than the original, thats just very unlikely at this point, but it would be nice to see new ghostbusters stuff in the 21st century, not sure about an all female cast though....

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikeyj122: Sony may be nervous because they are already treading water, and another Ghostbusters film could be risky. I'm not for or against an all female cast, but it sounds like that could be them thinking out of desperation to tap into the female market, which we already know they have a deep interest in.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I liked the ASM movies a lot (I know, I'm a bad person) but would definitely be up for Marvel getting the rights back.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: No, what I'm saying is Sony did not put everything into the phones, they continued to develop other products like camera's, which people (other then professional photographers) do not need.

So do LG and Samsung, what's your point?

You may like it, but to the generally public they no longer think Sony when someone brings up phones or other related tech. I'm not saying that the make bad products, 'm saying they cannot sell them well enough.

You're switching sporadically from point to point, first you were saying people think their products are low quality, now you're saying they're good quality, but just not marketed right. Make your mind up.

What's that video supposed to prove? It's just some dude parroting back what you already said, he doesn't source any statistics or anything either.

Seriously, you don't even feel like looking up any of this on your own? fine, here is one article

Uhuh, I thought you were going to prove that one of Sony's biggest problems was losing money in films? I'm wondering if you even read that article or not for as far as I can see the only time Sony is mentioned is when recounting massive success with 22 Jump Street and Think Like a Man Too and TASM2 starting off disappointing but then ballooning thanks to foreign audiences. Even if this article did say Sony was hemorrhaging money in films (Which it isn't) how would this negate Sony themselves attributing these loses to something else entirely?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: My point is those companies aren't going under, and to be honest I do think of them when mentioning phones.

That's not my point, my point is Sony is going under.

The point was that Sony should only focus on games.

It's showing loss in investor confidence for Sony's films.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

My point is those companies aren't going under, and to be honest I do think of them when mentioning phones.

Riiight, so what the hell point were you trying to make when you started talking about cameras?

That's not my point, my point is Sony is going under.

Uhuh, you really didn't think any of this through before posting it, did you?

The point was that Sony should only focus on games.

Sure, whatever. I'm just wondering what gives the dude in the video the unquestionable authority he apparently possesses.

It's showing loss in investor confidence for Sony's films.

What is? Their unusual success in a below-average box office year?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: That's part of why they are failing.

It's not that complicated to say Sony is circling the drain.

He's just a reliable source.

Sony may have made some success with lesser films, but they are still jot making projected revenue.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SheenLantern

Jesus Christ he's still talking..

@sheenlantern: That's part of why they are failing.

So cameras = failure, is that right? Then explain to me why LG and Samsung aren't failing. They make cameras too, you know.

It's not that complicated to say Sony is circling the drain.

Evidently it is because you're doing a fairly sub-par job of it.

He's just a reliable source.

Really? Based on what?

Sony may have made some success with lesser films, but they are still jot making projected revenue.

Oh yes? Why didn't I hear about this in that article you posted?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As are you

@sheenlantern: They did not invest as much as Sony did

Perhaps your not doing the best job of reading/interpreting.

He's a tech expert.

It's in the article under investor analysis. That's not even my source, I just picked one to use as an example.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I'm talking out of my mouth, as opposed to a certain other orifice.

@sheenlantern: They did not invest as much as Sony did

Pure conjecture.

Perhaps your not doing the best job of reading/interpreting.

*You're

He's a tech expert.

So am I. I didn't realise it protected you from ever being wrong.

It's in the article under investor analysis.

No it isn't. Go back and actually read that article.

I just picked one to use as an example.

Pro tip: When sourcing facts for your argument, don't pick an article that completely contradicts what you've been saying up to that point.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quite rude on your part. Also inaccurate since we are both typing.

@sheenlantern: Not so, I provided the video

I apologies for the spelling error.

That's not what I said, you asked why I should use him as a source, so I responded.

It does not, it still mentions investors losing faith in Sony after their key franchise Spider-Man underperformed. If you need another article then check out this. Again, articles are not my primary sources, which is not the point. The point of this all is that Sony's movie division is not going great, and since they are having such financial problems they may get rid of there movie division entirely, which I think is a good move.

Again, I don't really care about Sony or Spider-Man, just informing people about what may happen.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Not so, I provided the video

What video? What video have you provided that has detailed exactly how much LG, Samsung and Sony have invested in cameras over the years?

I apologies for the spelling error.

It wasn't a spelling error, you just used the wrong word.

That's not what I said, you asked why I should use him as a source, so I responded.

Amazing, so he can do tech stuff, (Actually haven't seen any evidence of this) why does this qualify him to speak on matters of finance?

It does not, it still mentions investors losing faith in Sony after their key franchise Spider-Man underperformed.

Except it doesn't say that at all, does it?

If you need another article then check out this

Jolly good, is this what you spent the last two hours looking for? I hope you actually read this one.

. Again, articles are not my primary sources,

Primary source plz.

The point of this all is that Sony's movie division is not going great, and since they are having such financial problems they may get rid of there movie division entirely,

Please. Future Spider-Man films have about as much chance of not being made as they do at being good. Sony Pictures is going a-nowhere.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I wasn't referring to those two companies, i was referring to Sony investing in other products.

It still counts as a spelling error.

Finance that relates to matters of tech.

No, I spent the two hours off the vine doing other things, came back, did a quick search for another article and picked that one. (BTW, it's honestly kinda creepy to start trying to analyze what people are doing when they're not here, no offense meant by that)

After project such a huge financial loss while they are not doing so good, anything could happen.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

I wasn't referring to those two companies, i was referring to Sony investing in other products.

Oh, right. You mean that video that consists of some random dude talking, providing no evidence or anything to back up what he's saying?

It still counts as a spelling error.

No it doesn't.

Finance that relates to matters of tech.

Please, tell me how knowing the difference between a Snapdragon 800 and Tegra 4 processor gives you authority on why global, multi-billion dollar companies succeed and fail?

No, I spent the two hours off the vine doing other things, came back, did a quick search for another article and picked that one.

...So that's a Yes then?

BTW, it's honestly kinda creepy to start trying to analyze what people are doing when they're not here,

Christ, do I really have to break it down for you? Here, I'll put it in all-bold so you can see better.

I was making fun of you by mocking the legitimacy of your argument by implying it would take hours of searching to find an article that agrees with you.

no offense meant by that

I should hope not. Otherwise I might have given myself a hernia from laughter.

After project such a huge financial loss while they are not doing so good

Redundant.

anything could happen

Anything except that.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: He is not a random guy, and he posted a source in the description.

I mistakenly spelled the word "You're" as "your" I consider that me making a spelling error.

Part of being an expert in a field is knowing how the industry works.

No, the other things I was doing were unrelated to our current conversation.Well then that's very rude, and uncalled for, especially since I have done nothing to purposely disrespect you.

Not really since it's the topic of this forum.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SheenLantern

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@sheenlantern: He is not a random guy

Yes he is.

and he posted a source in the description.

*Snort*You call this a source?

I mistakenly spelled the word "You're" as "your" I consider that me making a spelling error.

No you didn't. You intentionally used the word "your" assuming "you're" and "your" were interchangeable.

Part of being an expert in a field is knowing how the industry works.

Oh, so now he's an expert in the field? Bob or whatever his name is should hire you as his marketing guru.

No, the other things I was doing were unrelated to our current conversation.

Christy almighty...

It's a joke, Einstein. I was mocking you.

Not really since it's the topic of this forum.

Exactly what are you referring to here?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: No, it's a tech channel from someone who I consider a reliable source of info. If you want to complain, go to him.

That was just what he used to show where he heard this from, he even says the article got some info wrong.

No, I know there is a difference between the words, and made a spelling mistake.

Again, if you have a problem, complain to him.

You may have been serious, so I treated the comment as I would if you really were confused about what I was doing, and informed you.

Sony's huge loss, and the fact that you find that their studios not making enough money redundant.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: No, it's a tech channel from someone who I consider a reliable source of info.

Okay, well he isn't. Just gonna let you know.

That was just what he used to show where he heard this from, he even says the article got some info wrong.

Amazing, so it's just an endless game of Chinese whispers.

No, I know there is a difference between the words, and made a spelling mistake.

Sure you did.

Again, if you have a problem, complain to him.

I don't have a problem with Bob. Why you gotta hate on Bob?

You may have been serious, so I treated the comment as I would if you really were confused about what I was doing, and informed you.

Sacrificing your dignity in the process.

Sony's huge loss, and the fact that you find that their studios not making enough money redundant.

I was saying the way you worded your sentence was redundant. Christ, what's with this guy?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: He's given out some pretty credible insight and advice.

I did, I just admitted I made a mistake.

I have no I'll will towards him (also he claims his name is "Rich").

I fell no less in dignity, answering a question as best as possible is always the best way to go about a conversation.

Ah, I see, sorry for the miscommunication. Also i think your last sentence may mistyped, I'm not sure who you are refering to, or what the issue is.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SheenLantern
@captainmarvel4ever said:

@sheenlantern: He's given out some pretty credible insight and advice.

To be honest I've stopped caring at this point.

I did, I just admitted I made a mistake.

Uhuh. Yeah. Sure.

I have no I'll will towards him (also he claims his name is "Rich").

He 'claims' his name is Rich? What, so he's a pathological liar now, too? Man, leave Bob alone.

I fell no less in dignity, answering a question as best as possible is always the best way to go about a conversation.

You are literally the least comprehending individual I have ever met. Every single word out of my mouth seems to go straight over your head.

Ah, I see, sorry for the miscommunication.

I don't forgive you.

Also i think your last sentence may mistyped

Nope.

I'm not sure who you are refering to, or what the issue is.

I was talking to a hypothetical third party.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I stopped caring quite a while ago.

Yes "Claims" technically I have no way of knowing if that's true or not.

Not so, I do my best to analyses every conversation as if I was actually talking to you in real life.

Quite a shame, I apologies.

I'm sorry, i can no longer follow where you are going, please try to rephrase yourself.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: I stopped caring quite a while ago.

Okay.

Yes "Claims" technically I have no way of knowing if that's true or not.

Can't even take his word for it. Dude, what has Bob ever done to you?

Not so, I do my best to analyses every conversation as if I was actually talking to you in real life.

This would be the point where I'd look into the camera with a grin on my face.

I'm sorry, i can no longer follow where you are going, please try to rephrase yourself.

Okay, imagine we're in a room, you and me, with me so far? Now imagine there's someone else, a third person, that's who I was talking to.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Nothing other then give me sound advice, and an occasional chuckle (much like this conversation).

Sounds amusing.

Oh I understand what a third party is, I'm just confused as to where you were going with that.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SheenLantern

@sheenlantern: Nothing other then give me sound advice, and an occasional chuckle (much like this conversation).

Sounds amusing.

Oh I understand what a third party is, I'm just confused as to where you were going with that.

Because I was mockin--

*Looks to the camera*

You know what? Never mind.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Well that's the end of our wonderful conversation. I guess I could sum it up by saying...

Loading Video...

Still, Ton'O Fun! :)

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: You need to work on your reading comprehension if you couldn't tell that that was just one big piss-take.