#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting this. But wow, that's some pretty good stuff.

#3 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: awesome right? i hope he draws a superman/batman book one day...

#4 Posted by Wolverine08 (38568 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Esad Ribic is currently becoming one of my favorite artists! The guy draws the perfect Thor IMO, and these Superman and Batman drawings are just gorgeous. DC should hire him and still let him work for Marvel! Lol.

#5 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Esad Ribic is currently becoming one of my favorite artists! The guy draws the perfect Thor IMO, and these Superman and Batman drawings are just gorgeous. DC should hire him and still let him work for Marvel! Lol.

i hate exclusive contracts. i think theway it should work is that artists sign on to do (for example) 18 issues of thor. so he/she is only legally bound to those 18 issues and they are free to work on other things for other companies at the same time. So Esad could be drawing thor this week and then aquaman next week.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38568 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I definitely agree. I plain hate when artists have to bounce off of books due to exclusive contracts. I mean, opening Thor: God of Thunder last month and not seeing Esad's art was just jarring. The writing is still spectacular, but it is just not the same without Ribic's gorgeous art. His style just fits Thor's world perfectly.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

I definitely agree. I plain hate when artists have to bounce off of books due to exclusive contracts. I mean, opening Thor: God of Thunder last month and not seeing Esad's art was just jarring. The writing is still spectacular, but it is just not the same without Ribic's gorgeous art. His style just fits Thor's world perfectly.

it was a very sad moment and i almost didnt want to read it (almost). i actually prefer Patrick Zircher's thor and i believe that if Clint Langley got a chance to draw thor we wuld all forget about Esad...check this out

this is Clint Langley drawing Hercules:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/9116/941830-2.jpg

http://www.comicbookbin.com/artman2/uploads/5/herculeskush04langley_1.jpg

#8 Edited by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Definitely agree. Those first and second pictures especially are beautiful.

#9 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@sog7dc: Definitely agree. Those first and second pictures especially are beautiful.

the ones of superman/batman or the ones of hercules? lol

#10 Posted by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Heh. Superman and Batman.

#11 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: awe ok...well check out the two ofhercules by Clint Langley as well. that guy would do awesome drawing thor

#12 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Manchine (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

I was expecting this. But wow, that's some pretty good stuff.

Its the same thing when dealing with batman, at least for me.

#14 Edited by JetiiMitra (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Oh, I definitely agree with that, but I can't see the second picture.

#15 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice...

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

@sog7dc: Oh, I definitely agree with that, but I can't see the second picture.

awe ok.well if youre really interested you could google clint langely hercules. i stumbled across this too. im writing comics and today i had the idea to add greek mythos to the world so i decided to start with herc. and im one of those people that when i write i like to visualize the chaacters. so i googled hercules art and found this guy

#18 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: The one with Superman just standing their like a boss.

#21 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I almost forgot I'm sure I know someone who would like to see this. @lvenger

#22 Posted by sagejonathan (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

Esad Ribic is currently my favorite artist and this is another reason why. Can't wait for him to sign some of my books at NYCC.

#23 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan: My favorite artist right this second...it's a tie between Frank Quitely and a fella named Clint Langely. Go look up Clint Langely's Hercules!!!!!

#24 Posted by Lvenger (18295 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat art is gorgeous man, really well drawn indeed. I really like his Superman in particular as I guess Ribic is good at drawing powerful characters. Ribic is climbing his way up my favourite artists ladder though he does still need to improve on faces and hair. Those two things kept me back on his God of Thunder run

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Ribic is amazing.I would love to see him do some work for DC.

#26 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Dat art is gorgeous man, really well drawn indeed. I really like his Superman in particular as I guess Ribic is good at drawing powerful characters. Ribic is climbing his way up my favourite artists ladder though he does still need to improve on faces and hair. Those two things kept me back on his God of Thunder run

It's amazing I just loved that Superman one where he's just standing their (as you can see it's my new profile pic) he seems extremely well suited to draw powerful characters (he draws a great Hulk too). he's already my favourite marvel artist next to Mark Bagley. Yeah I do agree sometimes Thor's hair looked like a cape he just needs to improve with doing long hair but it's weird since in his run on the ULTIMATES the hair was fine especially for Thor and yeah he will draw an occasional weird face kind of like Brett Booth.

#27 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Only Brett booth draws the exact same weird face on every character lol. I hope that they stop doing exclusive contracts so that we can enjoy artists drawing all of the characters we like. My artist wish list:

Esad Ribic-batman/superman

Mike deodato Jr- superman unchained

Leinil yu- justice league

Jim lee- Thor god of thunder

Doug Mahnke-avengers

#28 Posted by longbowhunter (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

That was awesome. Got a new wallpaper for my iPhone.

#29 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Only Brett booth draws the exact same weird face on every character lol. I hope that they stop doing exclusive contracts so that we can enjoy artists drawing all of the characters we like. My artist wish list:

Esad Ribic-batman/superman

Mike deodato Jr- superman unchained

Leinil yu- justice league

Jim lee- Thor god of thunder

Doug Mahnke-avengers

Mike Deodato wouldn't be an ideal choice for a Superman book neither would Leinel Yu for JL and Jim Lee for Thor.

#30 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: We can agree to disagree. Mike deodato has been doing amazing on avengers and Leinil yu has gotten waaayyyyy better since birthright

#31 Posted by ccraft (5043 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I haven't really seen this artist before, I don't really like his Superman or his Batman.

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11086 posts) - - Show Bio

I like.

#33 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: I do agree but their art syles just don't fit the books you think they should IMO. Leinel Yu would be good for a Superman book.

#34 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: What marvel artists would you like to see on dc books and which sc books for that matter?

I honestly don't know how to answer that