#1 Edited by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys !

So, that trailer, pretty cool huh ? But I'm not here talking about whether the show will be good or not. I'm here to ask this question :

WHO IS THAT GUY ?

So far I've seen 4 theories :

• Luke Cage
  • Patriot
  • Rage
  • Someone we don't know.

I personally would say Patriot :

1. He seems to have the perfect body type to be him.
  2. The super-soldier serum being already established in the movies, he'd have his origin right there
  3. He freaking talks about carrying a shield ! (That makes it obvious to me)

I think he's too thin to be Luke Cage or Rage. And I'd also like to see Cage introduced in a better way. With another actor.

So, whaddaya think ?

#2 Edited by Twentyfive (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone we don't know. I think this new series will take as many liberties as it can.

#3 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I think it's gonna be a nice way to introduce characters, instead of them popping randomly in other people's franchises or having their own movies (some characters obviously can't have that.)

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping he's Luke Cage. What would be the point in creating a brand new character when there are so many in the comics that likely aren't going to get their own movies.

#5 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they introduce lesser known characters like Misty Knight or others like that, as well as HYDRA.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24474 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping for Luke Cage, I also hope he makes another appearance later in the season and they introduce Danny Rand in a super popular episode that leads to a Heroes for Hire spin off.

#7 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

It's rumored to be Rage

#8 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone we don't know. I think this new series will take as many liberties as it can.

#9 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

So no one thinks he's Patriot ?

#10 Edited by joshmightbe (24474 posts) - - Show Bio

@vermoot: Patriot isn't that strong, he's pretty much just a young black Cap, Rage and Luke Cage would make more sense given what they showed him doing but I'm hoping for Luke since Rage always seemed like a dollar store knock off of Hulk to me (Rage's strength increases with his anger just not to Hulk levels.)

#11 Posted by chalkshark (1180 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Rage. If you look at the Marvel comic intro, you can see an image of Rage.

#12 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

cool if it was rage, because that guy does not scream Luke cage to me... but I'm excited to see what lesser known characters they reference in this show.... if done right this could be a dream of all Marvel fans.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Rage. If you look at the Marvel comic intro, you can see an image of Rage.

I really hope they don't do the whole 'kid in an adult body' thing if it is Rage.

#14 Posted by SST (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't be Cage, he was in Thor as a cameo right?

#15 Edited by Bruxae (12271 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks to small to be Cage thats all I know.

#16 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2108 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage

#17 Edited by Havenless (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@sst said:

Can't be Cage, he was in Thor as a cameo right?

Is that a joke?

#18 Edited by mariomariomario (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for luke cage. He's "the bad boy". Ex con gets tested on, gets the bulleft proof skin - still has to serve SHIELD for X years to serve off his sentence - season 2-3 he has payed of his "sentence" and gets the spin off heroes for hire with Danny.

Think of it, Heroes for hire would be the PERFECT for a tv series - those characters barely need any special effects - but have enough story to keep them kicking every week - but neither are quite big enough for a movie - until phase 3 or 4.

#19 Edited by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, but he's played by Gunn from Angel, a series also made by Joss Whedon.

Gunn was the Big Guy of the group. Good pick.

#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5437 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping it's Cage but only because I want to see Iron Fist :P

#21 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really hoping it's Luke Cage, although they stated that it might be Rage. It would be nice for Marvel to introduce characters that haven't been seen in the movies or TV series for a long time.