So, what's the best Spider-Man film?

• 89 results
LethalDosage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hated Tobey as Peter Parker, he was a quivering lipped cry baby. Garfield nailed the fringe-kid-genius-but-still-a-smartass character than Parker truly was. I have not ASM2 yet but I liked ASM the best out of all the Spider Man films released to date.

Spider Man 3 is one of those movies I wish I could have erased from existence due to the raping they did to my favorite comic character of all time (Venom). I will never forgive Sam Raimi for that nonsense.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

ASM2 was my favorite. The original also holds a place in my heart. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good too and even 3 had it's moments.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original Spidey 1 or 2.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

@penderor said:

Original Spidey 1 or 2.

Although I respectively disagree - awesome choices, Penderor. SM2 is brilliant... one of the best films I've ever seen.

@avenging_x_bolt said:

ASM2 was my favorite. The original also holds a place in my heart. Spider-Man 2 was pretty good too and even 3 had it's moments.

Nice :D

@lethaldosage said:

I hated Tobey as Peter Parker, he was a quivering lipped cry baby. Garfield nailed the fringe-kid-genius-but-still-a-smartass character than Parker truly was. I have not ASM2 yet but I liked ASM the best out of all the Spider Man films released to date.

Spider Man 3 is one of those movies I wish I could have erased from existence due to the raping they did to my favorite comic character of all time (Venom). I will never forgive Sam Raimi for that nonsense.

Yes... Andrew Garfield is Peter Parker straight from the comic books. You should see him in ASM2... he takes it one step forward. But my favourites vary from TASM and TASM2, but seriously, you should really watch ASM2. It's awesome in it's own right, but you might be let down. It's kinda a mixed bag... though.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MarlboroMan

ASM2 easily

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Spider-Man 2 still holds up as one of the best comic book movies period to be honest.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASM2

rd1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman 2 for me

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you keep making these threads, kid. you keep asking for it and you keep getting what your ears don't want to hear: ASSMAN 2 SUCKED!!! get over it, this is getting pathetic.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By godzilla44

SM 2

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Spider-Man 2

2. Spider-Man

3. TASM2

4. Spider-Man 3

5. TASM

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you keep making these threads, kid. you keep asking for it and you keep getting what your ears don't want to hear: ASSMAN 2 SUCKED!!! get over it, this is getting pathetic.

Can you please read the date in which this thread was published? Because clearly - you haven't put the effort to do so...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Thor-Parker

ASM2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_dont_like_comics: Have you read the entire thread ? Most people are saying ASM2 and Spider-Man 2 are the best ones.

If you don´t like the threads then don´t comment in them. I am really getting tired of you.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

@i_dont_like_comics:

Oh, yeah, like Thor Parker said - you probably didn't even read this thread, didn't you? A BULK of the users on this thread voted for SM2 AND TASM2, oh... and check out the love ASM2's been getting on Katzman's thread (and I'm not being sarcastic) right here...:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-vine-question-of-the-week-results-favorite-spider-man-movie/1100-148749/

Yep - voted the second best Spidey film - and almost EVERYONE on Comic Vine thinks that TASM2 is either the first or second best Spidey film... so sleep on that. I'm not trying to troll you - I'm stating fact that you're in the minority. Oh, and for the record - I DO NOT think ASM2 is the best Spidey movie - but either my 2nd or 3rd favourite CBM - best Spidey film would have to be ASM1. But it's Webb so you wouldn't think so. Good bye.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take the ASM films over the Tobey films.

Though out of the original trilogy my favorite would have to be Spider-Man 2

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... that's awesome. I completely agree - actually, here's my rating for all Spidey films:

1. SM3: 5.3/10
  2. SM1: 7.0/10
  3. SM2: 9.0/10
  4. TASM2: 9.5
  5. TASM1: 10/10

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Wow... that's awesome. I completely agree - actually, here's my rating for all Spidey films:

I highly agree with those ratings.

i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Spider-Man 3 is the best.

Jmarshmallow

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

I highly agree with those ratings.

Wow... really - I thought you'd say something bad about my 10/10 rating for ASM1.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By nova_prime76

Spider-Man 2. All around better. Garfield and Stone are being wasted by terrible writing. Give Raimi these two and it would be gold. ASM2 has the worst plot and writing of all of them. Even Spider-Man 3. The osborn genetic disease? No goblin formula. Dehaan looked like Evil from Fright Night. The silly Rhino scenes. Oscorp being responsible for all the tech of the sinister 6. How many times did Peter amd Gwen break up? The stupid scientist father backstory. The ridiculous planes nearly crashing disaster that brought zero emotion. Jamie Foxx mailing it in. Oh, and Chris Cooper is not a strong enough actor to play Norman Osborn. Webb should've known better to go through with that story. Should've ordered a near complete rewrite.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2. All around better. Garfield and Stone are being wasted by terrible writing. Give Raimi these two and it would be gold. ASM2 has the worst plot and writing of all of them. Even Spider-Man 3. The osborn genetic disease? No goblin formula. Dehaan looked like Evil from Fright Night. The silly Rhino scenes. Oscorp being responsible for all the tech of the sibister 6. How many times did Peter amd Gwen break up? The stupid scientist father backstory. The ridiculous planes nearly crashing disaster that brought zero emotion. Jamie Foxx mailing it in. Oh, and Chris Cooper is not a strong enough actor to play Norman Osborn. Webb should've known better to go through with that story. Should've ordered a near complete rewrite.

Although I love ASM2 A LOT, I respect your opinion and hope you can respect mine :P Did you like ASM1, though?

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man 2. All around better. Garfield and Stone are being wasted by terrible writing. Give Raimi these two and it would be gold. ASM2 has the worst plot and writing of all of them. Even Spider-Man 3. The osborn genetic disease? No goblin formula. Dehaan looked like Evil from Fright Night. The silly Rhino scenes. Oscorp being responsible for all the tech of the sibister 6. How many times did Peter amd Gwen break up? The stupid scientist father backstory. The ridiculous planes nearly crashing disaster that brought zero emotion. Jamie Foxx mailing it in. Oh, and Chris Cooper is not a strong enough actor to play Norman Osborn. Webb should've known better to go through with that story. Should've ordered a near complete rewrite.

Also, no offence, not trying to disrespect you, but Peter and Gwen broke up TWICE in ASM1&ASM2 combined - once after Capt. Stacy died and the second time after the graduation. If you wanna talk about breaking up in a Spider-Man film... you should see Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst - also, not sure if you read comics, so I'm not assuming anything, but Peter breaks up with MJ/Gwen A LOT of times in the comics. Just saying, man...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#79 SC  Moderator

@i_dont_like_comics said:

Hello. Don't make things personal with other users please. No need to refer to other users as kid either, nor telling them to get over anything. If you can't address other users with civility and goodwill, don't address them directly or indirectly. This is a warning. Users should stay focused on threads topic. Questions and concerns can be sent through PM. Cheers.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Asm

2. Asm 2.

3. Spider-man 2.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

1. Asm

2. Asm 2.

3. Spider-man 2.

Awesome, nice choices :D They're all awesome films.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Amazing spiderman 1

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Amazing spiderman 1

YES! How much would you rate from a scale of 1-10?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Spider-man 2. Followed closely by Spider-man 1.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By nova_prime76

People have their opinions. I'm sure some liked the star wars prequels even though Lucas couldn't write for shit. To me, these movies seemed to be written by Lucas. No cohesiveness. Its like the rough draft went before the cameras. Usually I don't agree with Knowles over at AICN, because he's a overblown fanboy, but he hit the nail on the head with his review. It's an opinion shared by many top critics as well. Poor story and poor direction.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers