• 79 results
#1 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Man Of Steel will smoke Iron Man 3

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

I havent even seen the first Ironman movie thats how much idc about the movie franchise.

#3 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Superman. That Man of Steel trailer was amazing. By comparison, while the Mandarin and Extremis are exciting, the most awesome thing I've seen from the Iron Man 3 trailers was Hulkbuster, and I somehow doubt that'll live up to expectations.

#4 Edited by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Man Of steel looks legendary and Iron Man looks good. I would probably be more excited if they didn't show EVERYTHING IN THE TRAILER.

#5 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Man 3 trailer was meh while the Man Of Steel trailer gave me chills like we know this movie will be great

#6 Posted by The Stegman (23161 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel>>>Iron

#7 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

man of steel will have more hype. more fans, more hype

#9 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.

#10 Posted by Skyfire (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel>>>Iron

It's actually a gold-titanium alloy.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (23161 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by FearTheLiving (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 will end up watching both of them just never been a huge Superman fan and the trailers really don't seem to be hyping me up like everyone else. I am looking forward to seeing Michael Shannon has I'm a pretty big fan of his.

Also @codysf didn't you already make this same topic...

#13 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

More pumped for Man of Steel than Iron Man.

#14 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#16 Edited by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not all that hyped up for Iron Man 3, but I'm really not a Zach Snyder fan at all. He has honestly not made one movie I liked, or that was even done well in my opinion. He's often attempted big dramatic scenes in a film that should tug at your heart stings but he's never been successful at doing that for me at least. I really hate saying this because it'll come off like I'm one of those people that just spews hate before they even see a trailer, but I think Man of Steel will not live up to the hype it's getting nor that I will likely enjoy it. Not saying it won't be good but I just have been disappointed by Snyder in the past so I'm not as excited for it as most seem to be. That said I'm not super excited about Iron Man 3 either lol. That one I have more faith in that I will enjoy the actual film though, even if it's not all that great of a movie.

#17 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Gotta say Superman. That Man of Steel trailer was amazing. By comparison, while the Mandarin and Extremis are exciting, the most awesome thing I've seen from the Iron Man 3 trailers was Hulkbuster, and I somehow doubt that'll live up to expectations.

@lilben42 said:

Man Of steel looks legendary and Iron Man looks good. I would probably be more excited if they didn't show EVERYTHING IN THE TRAILER.

Steel>>>Iron

All of these. I am definitely excited to see both, but IM3 really has been pretty solidly spoiled, and MoS looks like its going for the more epic/ legendary tone, like LotR or Star Wars level, vs IM3 which seems to be more along the typical Marvel style, more like a Popcorn movie.

Plus, im 100% more excited for the DC/Justice League universe to get started.

#18 Edited by JediXMan (29662 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel.

#19 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 2

#20 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm far more hyped for Man of Steel than Iron Man 3. That said, anyone who thinks that Man of Steel is going to defeat Iron Man 3 at the box office is totally wrong. IM3 is probably going to hit a billion dollars or at least 8-9 hundred million.

Man of Steel will top out at 800 million tops. No reboot has EVER made more than 800 million. It's incredibly unlikely that Man of Steel will hit a billion dollars unless the reviews are utterly smashing, and the box office is just as huge. DK and DKR both barely grossed over a billion, and Batman is quite honestly more popular than Superman, plus Dark Knight is often regarded as the single greatest superhero movie ever. DKR had Oscar buzz before the premiere.

Man of Steel won't hit 1 billion IMO, Iron Man 3 will triumph at Box Office.

#21 Posted by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm far more hyped for Man of Steel than Iron Man 3. That said, anyone who thinks that Man of Steel is going to defeat Iron Man 3 at the box office is totally wrong. IM3 is probably going to hit a billion dollars or at least 8-9 hundred million.

Man of Steel will top out at 800 million tops. No reboot has EVER made more than 800 million. It's incredibly unlikely that Man of Steel will hit a billion dollars unless the reviews are utterly smashing, and the box office is just as huge. DK and DKR both barely grossed over a billion, and Batman is quite honestly more popular than Superman, plus Dark Knight is often regarded as the single greatest superhero movie ever. DKR had Oscar buzz before the premiere.

Id love to say that doesnt matter, but for movies to get sequels or be considered a success, they have to hit a certain sort of mark. They have to reach whatever expectation is set.

Look at Superman Returns, it has mainly positive reviews, and actually made almost 100 mil in PROFIT (100 mil more than the budget), but is often called a failure. Same with Incredible Hulk.

Id hate to see that happen again.

#23 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 looks pretty cool but The Man of Steel trailer makes the movie seem like a huge epic event, it definitely makes me wanna see it.

#24 Posted by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as the question goes though, i'm more excited for IM3 because i've read extremis and slightly know what to expect. Superhumans, civil unrest, and a little magic for good measure. Robert Downey jr is probably the most perfectly cast superhero lead in all comic book movies, he's expected to deliver.

However i'm extremely worried for the success of Man of Steel. The expectations are astronomical for this movie, and I hope it can deliver. I've seen this type of hype for movies in the past, only to have them "fail" due to the expectations. Even though they were decent movies. I just don't trust Henry Cavill yet as superman, people are undermining his importance in this movie. Robert Downey jr, and Christian Bale were the main reasons for success in their movies. And Ryan Reynolds, and Brandon Routh, big reason for their movies' demise. Casting is key. And Cavill's performance in the trailers seem to be outshined by his younger superman counterparts of the movie, that's not good. Overall, i'm cautiously optimistic.

#25 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to Iron man 3 a lot, but Man of Steel is where the heart is......

#26 Posted by Tank. (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel

#27 Edited by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@jameskm716 said:

Id love to say that doesnt matter, but for movies to get sequels or be considered a success, they have to hit a certain sort of mark. They have to reach whatever expectation is set.

Look at Superman Returns, it has mainly positive reviews, and actually made almost 100 mil in PROFIT (100 mil more than the budget), but is often called a failure. Same with Incredible Hulk.

Id hate to see that happen again.

Exactly what i'm afraid of. Success is relative to hype and expectations. And looking at the hype for Man of Steel makes me a little worried for this movie. I think it would better for Man of Steel if it doesn't have as much hype as it currently does, delivers as a good movie, and build up to DOMINATE in the sequel. Kind of how Batman did. But all this astronomical hype on the first entry of a reboot has a bad risk-reward ratio. At least in my opinion. Not only for this movie, but sequel superman movies, as well as future DC movies. DC cannot afford to have this movie fail, it could seriously cripple their cinematic progression.

#28 Edited by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: Well, until Hathaway was cast as Selina Kyle, id say Bale was actually one of the weakest parts of the Batman movies. Sure, he had a good look, but there is a reason his BatVoice is a meme at this point. It is a really weird acting choice he made. His best scene, showing off the acting chops we all know the guy has, was when he was playing Bruce, acting like he was a drunk, rich d***. That was impressive. But his Batman was pretty bad.

Id say a little known actor is best for a huge, iconic character, as the character should be at the forefront, and the actor should be understated.

I will concur though, that RDJ is perfectly cast, and though i consider it one of the weaker Marvel Studios films, Hemsworth is a PERFECT Thor.

Also, my point earlier wasnt that im afraid MoS may not live up to its hype, which is an absolute, frightening possibility to be sure, my point was that im afraid it WILL live up to its hype and still not be considered a success. Thats much more painful.

#29 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Exactly, people are setting it up for failure, expecting it to reach just as high as the Dark Knight. It'll do well, just not THAT well. (Also on your notes for Incredible Hulk and Superman Returns, the marketing costs of a movie aren't included int eh budget. That's why Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk and Superman Retursn were all "flops" they generated very little money, if any.

@novi_homines: I think it'll do well enough to generate at least a sequel if not more.

#30 Posted by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines:

Well, until Hathaway was cast as Selina Kyle, id say Bale was actually one of the weakest parts of the Batman movies. Sure, he had a good look, but there is a reason his BatVoice is a meme at this point. It is a really weird acting choice he made. His best scene, showing off the acting chops we all know the guy has, was when he was playing Bruce, acting like he was a drunk, rich d***. That was impressive. But his Batman was pretty bad.

Id say a little known actor is best for a huge, iconic character, as the character should be at the forefront, and the actor should be understated.

I will concur though, that RDJ is perfectly cast, and though i consider it one of the weaker Marvel Studios films, Hemsworth is a PERFECT Thor.

Also, my point earlier wasnt that im afraid MoS may not live up to its hype, which is an absolute, frightening possibility to be sure, my point was that im afraid it WILL live up to its hype and still not be considered a success. Thats much more painful.

I will disagree on the casting of batman. I agree that the bale voice was horrible in stretches, but it truly began to be a slight issue in the 2nd film. Due to an amazing plotline, and an oscar worthy joker performance, the trilogy's legendary status was already set in stone. By the 3rd movie, it was just about delivering a decent performance. My point is that in the first movie, Bale delivered a great performance that gave the series momentum to take off. Hopefully Cavill can do the same.

#31 Posted by desmond006 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

More hype for man of steel but I will see both

#32 Edited by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I am interested in seeing both movies but I kind of know what to expect from Irom Man 3 so I am not quite as excited to see that as I am with Man of Steel. I hope Man of Steel can deliver because we have been waiting a long for a really good superman movie that finally breaks to mould of the Christopher Reave performance and Superman Returns tried too hard to replicate it.

#33 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#34 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: I should note that I consider the Batman trilogy the best comic book movies of all time so far, they are definitely the benchmark imo, but Bale is not the perfect Batman. It could be easily argued that Keaton was even a better Batman to me.

#35 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 seems to be more up my valley.

#36 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

After the whole reveal of the "Mandarin Twist", I have a feeling Iron Man 3 will suffer from fatigue in the box office(from fans especially). I know I'm not paying to see it.

#37 Edited by novi_homines (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^ Lol yes you will. Let's be honest, everyone here on this site is going to see both of these movies. Which we should. They both look spectacular

#38 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 obviously

I was excited for MoS, pumped really. Until that new trailer came out and all the magic and expectations I had fell away. I now see it as first trailer trickery. That first trailer was just amazing and well done. That terrible music (I'm assuming original for the movie) in the new trailer seems way out of place. And the acting and dialogue between young Clark and Kevin Costner seems really bad now upon seeig more. I'm starting to think we r now getting a look at what this movie will really be and it does t look nearly as good. Michael Shannon as Zod is awesome though.

Also I'm sick of people talkin about how Im3 is a popcorn flick and MoS is, somehow, something more. That's just pretentious banter. They're both summer blockbusters, and anyone who says different needs a reality check. I like Nolan's movies but fanboys mistaking his self serious movies as masterpieces of cinema is getting old. It also makes me enjoy his otherwise good films less because of how overrated he has become.

Also lets not forget the director isnt even anywhere near as good as Nolan. It's Zac Snyder. How easy it is for people to forget every other movie this guy has done just because he's made a Superman movie.

#39 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of steel

I dont give a crap about iron man, not marvel mind you, just iron man

#41 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Edited by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: I

feel like this is directed at my first post as it references something I said.

1) I suspect youre probably a HUGE Iron Man fan, and thats awesome, but I definitely think that means you have a different perspective than a lot of others, myself in particular. I dont like Iron Man at all in the comics, however I do think movies featuring him are Marvel's best movies. And I do think RDJ is perfectly cast and charming as all get out.

2) I think there is a significant difference between DC's movie approach and Marvel's movie approach. The Marvel movies are more just fun action movies with awesome fight scenes, fun characters, etc. Very entertaining, and I have NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL. Comparing Marvel's best movie to DC's, Avenger vs [take your pick of the Dark Knight films], and one has a lot more emotional weight. One wants to be more than just a good comic book movie, but a groundbreaking movie all around. The best comparison I can make is like Star Wars and LotR, movies that are cinematic classics, that defy genres, that affect a generation, and truly fit the definition of 'epic'. This is all opinion, but since its my opinion about which one im more hyped for, im just explaining how I see it.

And I admit, Man of Steel could be a total bust, as could IM3, but at least Iron Man has already been in two fantastic movies, and one ok movie (Iron Man 2, im looking at you).

BTW, the Kents dialogue is the main thing that gives me the chills! "You are my son." Kal-El has two totally bad a** dads.

#43 Edited by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Man of Steel, for sure! Not only do I like Superman much more than I do Iron Man, but that last trailer was just pure unbound epicness. All the Iron Man 3 trailers have been spoiling this movie more and more for me. Almost feels like there's no point on seeing it on theaters.

@codysf said:

@biteme_fanboy:

Does anyone actually care about that movie lol

I'm personally more excited about Thor than I am about Iron Man.

#44 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jldoom:

Maybe because I like Iron Man more then Thor in my opinion and mostly where I live no one cares about Thor really.

#45 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo (sorry bit it won't let me do an official reply for some reason)

1st off, yes I am an Iron Man fan. That much is apparent. However, I am a Batman fan first and foremost.

Secondly, if you want me to compare Avengers with any of the Dark Knight trilogy to illustrate my point, I will. Let me begin by saying I love Nolan's batman films. Batman Begins is personally my favorite as it tells a great (yet the only) Batman centric story in the trilogy. It is the best superhero origin movie IMO. Dark Knight is more a rise and fall story of Harvey Dent with Batman and Joker battling for the "soul of Gotham" in the background. At the end it becomes apparent the sacrifices batman made for Gotham. This is who batman should be. And in the third movie we have essentially a Bruce Wayne tale. All about how a man can't be a superhero forever and what not. It's basically a vehicle to give Bruce Wayne his happy ending an Literally ride off into the sunset. The problem arises here as it becomes apparent that they've lost all motivation of the character. The batman I know and love would never leave Gotham when thy need him most. The city is at its absolute lowest after all the terror wrecked upon it. I'm sorry but Batman wouldn't just take that time to get up and bounce for good, no way.

And this brings me to the second reason why I am more excited for Iron Man 3: Marvel is truer to their characters in film. By this I mean the main motivations if the characters, essentially what makes these heroes who they are in the comic books and tv shows.

Also, how do the Dark knight movies have any more emotional weight than the Marvel movies? When agent Coulson died on Avengers it was unexpected and heart wrenching. When Talia al Ghul (the head villain of DKR) died it was laughable.

And I mean no offense by this but you still have yet to explain how those movies somehow define an era or better. DKR is just as formulaic as Avengers and the themes in Iron man are just as adult and possibly more relevant and even explored further than DK trilogy. Once again I think people misunderstand the DK films dark tones as somehow being darker thematically. If you break it down though there's nothing groundbreaking here with DK trilogy other than they r awesome action flicks done right!

#46 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5520 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: im tired of everyone calling the marvel movies "popcorn flicks" cause there not. You're picking what you want to see out of the movies to fit your argument. All the movies have emotional weight but you're choosing to ignore marvels because it doesnt have the hype as the nolans movies. it doesnt make sense, nolan makes one good movie now everything he does is great and "groundbreaking", the hype is why everyone thinks the movies are great and cause its batman. the batman trilogy doesnt belong in the class of star wars or lotr for its no where near as good or as impactful.

i would like the correct your view of the "dc approach" in movie making. green lantern, superman returns, and jonah hex were all bombs but were produced through the magic of the "dc approach".

#47 Edited by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis:

Youre trying to make this conversation more objective than it could possibly ever be.

Sure, Agent Coulson dying was sad, but every big, bombastic action flick has one of those moments. Optimus Prime dying was sad.

But the Dark Knight movies fit with epic story telling. It made me feel the intended emotions the whole time. At the end of the day, I watched Avengers and loved it, but I basically shut off my brain and cheered about Hulk smashing crap and Thor shooting lightning all over the place, the Dark Knight movies however, Id sit and think afterwards, Id really scrutinize them. Dark Knight Rises has been seen as an allegory for occupy wall street, the Dark Knight has been seen as a positive critique of the War on Terror, I could see those themes, and I considered them throughout.

Batman climbing out of the Hole in Dark Knight Rises was really only added to insight an emotional response, and actually added plot holes, yet it was super effective. Bruce was broken, but through force of will, he recovered. Then, he rose again, to be Gotham's saviour. One could criticize Nolan for often trying to do nothing more than illicit an emotional response, but I praise him for it. At the end of the day, I can still access those feelings, so they last much longer than pretty much anything else.

Some people will walk away from Avengers feeling the same way, for certain we are all individuals, but I definitely dont think as many people (especially people with no emotional investment in the characters to begin with) and I dont think Marvel main goal was to make an emotionally dense movie. They wanted the Transformers audience, imo, not the Black Swan audience.

They are certainly darker than the Iron Man films, to argue otherwise is insane, but Darker =/= Better. Its like Kevin Smith said in his review, there isnt a drop of blood in the Dark Knight Rises, yet it is extremely violent, and not suitable for children. Its just utterly bleak. I took my kids to see Avengers with me at the theater. We also watched all the Marvel Movies on Neflix to get amped.

Basically, nobody can account for how something made somebody else feel, but at the end of the day I think the Dark Knight are along the lines of Citizen Kane or Casablanca and Marvel's offerings are more like your traditional action films, like Die Hard or Lethal Weapon, full of one liners, big time action, explosions, etc.

Im going to add that I hate Batman, so I didnt have anything invested going in to those movies. I dont like Iron Man either though. Love Cap, but his movie was Marvel Studios worst IMO.

#48 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5183 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. I hope MoS is good though.

#49 Posted by deaditegonzo (3683 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: im tired of everyone calling the marvel movies "popcorn flicks" cause there not. You're picking what you want to see out of the movies to fit your argument. All the movies have emotional weight but you're choosing to ignore marvels because it doesnt have the hype as the nolans movies. it doesnt make sense, nolan makes one good movie now everything he does is great and "groundbreaking", the hype is why everyone thinks the movies are great and cause its batman. the batman trilogy doesnt belong in the class of star wars or lotr for its no where near as good or as impactful.

i would like the correct your view of the "dc approach" in movie making. green lantern, superman returns, and jonah hex were all bombs but were produced through the magic of the "dc approach".

I think Green Lantern and Jonah Hex were more like Marvel Movies honestly. That was their problem. WB has said that Man of Steel will set the emotional tone of upcoming DC films, a good plan IMO, as they will be on screen together. And, based on what weve seen, MoS seems to be share tone with the Dark Knight trilogy. Good news imo.

I didnt love Inception, I liked it, though. Dont try to pin my opinion to Nolan's hype, because its honestly way off base. And frankly, I like the least acclaim Batman movie the best, Dark Knight Rises.

Once again, nobody can say how somebody else feels, or objectively say how good something is at making people feel, only time will tell. And I believe 100%, we will be talking about the Batman Trilogy 20 years from now, just like we do Star Wars.

#50 Edited by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man 3 by far, RDJ is the biggest star involved and has shown in the past that even if villains are lacking, he'll carry the movie. MoS has Nolan and Synder's backing so I'm trying to be optimistic.