So what do you guys think about all of Marvels New Changes lately?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Poll So what do you guys think about all of Marvels New Changes lately? (34 votes)

They Suck and are nothing more then a lame Publicity stunt 44%
They might actually workout for the better and revitalize marvel in a new and awesome way 12%
I'm in between 24%
i'm just waiting for things to go back to normal 12%
Other 9%

• 
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55

I mean with Wolverines death, Thor becoming a women and Falcon becoming Cap. I mean thats alot to take in. But since these characters are apart multi million dollar corporations, changes here and there should be expected. So im in between and mostly just waiting for things to go back to normal. And who knows maybe the changes could actually workout for the better.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Everything will come back to normal soon.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They all suck. Stop with the gimmicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They're getting ridiculously out of hand.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like Hawkeye Vol.4...That's about it.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with them.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they are just stories, and then once the stories are done they go back to how it was but with added changes. Marvel now....people freaked out because it was marvels version of the new 52..a reboot...no it wasn't. cap dying, human torch dying, spider-man dying, thor becoming a woman, turns out it's a different character who is NOT thor but is just worthy, and thor will be in the book still. I am fine with the changes because they don't really seem to be permanent

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hate these changes, we all know they will get back to normal when Avengers 2 comes out, they are just making the changes to make more publicity.

I think Marvel is trying to fit their characters to their movies, when it should be the other way.

They are no longer paying attention to the X Men and trying to replace them with Inhumans just because they don´t have the movie rights to X-Men, that isn´t going to work.

I get that Marvel is trying to attract new readers, but with all these changes they are making, they are just disrespecting the people that have been reading them for years.

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda on the fence about it all, Marvel did introduce 3 Universe changing things in just this week, so I'll see how it all plays out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

They could be good.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mutant God

Theres also Nick Fury being an old cosmic assassin, the O5 X-Men being brought to the present, Original Sins for everyone, Dazzler's new design

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm in between, but Marvel might as well pull a Flashpoint and revamp the whole universe with all these damn changes they're making. Plus, I feel that they're trying to make it closer to the movies, which is terrible. Where's the creativity? I'm sure they'll change it back hopefully.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Jphu8414

I actually like the these bold new ideas but let's be honest here, they most likely won't last and when everything reverts back to status quo it will feel kind of gimmicky.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate them. I have a feeling that soon i will lose the universe i once loved. These changes are making 616 almost unrecognizable.

Beata

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I voted for OPTIMISM!

Seriously though, I'm cool with it. If the stories turn out to be interesting I'll read them. If not, I'll stop reading them. Simple as that. No point getting upset if I end up not liking the change - it'll change back eventually. Probably within a couple years at most. And I'm planning to read comics a lot longer than that, so really, it's not a long wait.

Also, I'm not sure if I see how creating a female Thor and promoting Falcon to Captain America is making things 'closer to the movies'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It all sounds like a money grab since it is happening to marvels big three. That's a perfect example of a gimmick which disappoints me.

I really just want things to go back to normal, but now we are just missing out on what will probably a year and a few months of our heroes

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

In about a year, two at the most when it returns to the status quo because fans freaked out about the changes and those same fans start complaining about how nothing ever changes, ask me then how I feel about this.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

This is how I see it:

• The TV announcements were completely unnecessary or weren't exactly good calls. How you market something is just as important as the product itself, this is going in the opposite direction, as a woman I find it unappealing that they marketed it on the view.
  • We know where they are going with their movies now: I expect Inhumans to announce on SDCC.
  • Movies/comics are tied together now which is weird, DC never does that. Yes they adapt their lines but not all the time. Yes kids this reason why DC doesn't need a live action studio only better communication between studio and comic company.
  • It will change back by the time, the movies come out and Marvel will do their #1 gimmick they are obsessed with.

Oh and comic book fans and change are never good friends.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By BeaconofStrength

The only one I really like is Thor losing his hammer. It'll actually change up the character. I don't really care for the female Thor, though.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattheMan008

@w0nd said:

they are just stories, and then once the stories are done they go back to how it was but with added changes. Marvel now....people freaked out because it was marvels version of the new 52..a reboot...no it wasn't. cap dying, human torch dying, spider-man dying, thor becoming a woman, turns out it's a different character who is NOT thor but is just worthy, and thor will be in the book still. I am fine with the changes because they don't really seem to be permanent

This guy gets it. I also agree with Wardishy. If the story is interesting and well written then maybe the change was for the better, if not then nobody will buy them and Marvel will just switch everything again. It's just comic books people.