16. Uncanny Xmen

17. Superior Spiderman

18. Hawkeye

19. Secret Avengers

20. Venom

21. ultimate spiderman

22. ultimates

What I'm Looking to Drop:

1. All of the batman books (ill keep some if you guys can convince me lately all of them except detective have been boring and slow esp inc.)

2. Thor God of thunder (i really enjoyed this run but a year long arc doesnt seem worth a subscription maybe a pull tho)

3. one or two of the lantern books (you guys tell me which although ill most likely keep new guardians)

4. secret avengers

5. red lanterns for sure

6. ultimates

What i'm possibly looking to pick up

1. deadpool and deadpool kills deadpool (if its good what do you guys think of these)

2. captain america

3. indestructible hulk

4. john constantine (i recently started reading my buddy's hellblazer's since he has the whole series and i am living it! so is the new 52 version good?)

5. swampthing (i have only read moores run and am wondering if the new one is good)

6. new avengers

7. iron man

8. captain america

9.x men ( i hear its fantastic)

10. thunderbolts (have not hear anything at all about it but i heard it has some of my fav characters so i was wondering if it was any good)

11.larfleeze

12. justice league

13.JLA

14. JL Dark

so i was wondering if anyone had any convincing arguments as to what is should keep, drop, or pick up. Also i am open to suggestions for any titles i did not mention. I just feel like its not worth buying all of these titles if there are better ones out there.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

@bigtewell: Batman Inc is done, so there's one problem solved, Dark Knights is a limited series, so it'll end eventually too. If I were you, I'd drop Batman The Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Red Lantern and Ultimates.Wait for the trade of Deadpool kills Deadpool.

Pass on:

Captain America

Constantine (and I personally don't like it)

Thunderbolts

Larfleeze

and Iron Man

Definitely get:

Swamp Thing

New Avengers

Hulk

and all three JL books (I love them all)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Don't drop any of your books... you'll damage the spine

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Here's my current subscriptions:

1.Daredevil (won't drop ever)

2. Daedevil Dark knights

3.Batman

4.Batman and robin

5. Detective comics

6. Batman the Dark Knight

7. Batman inc.

8. nightwing

9. Green lantern

10. Green Lantern New Guardians

11. red lanterns

12. Green Lantern Corps

13 .Scarlet Spider

14. Thor: God of Thunder

15. All New Xmen

16. Uncanny Xmen

17. Superior Spiderman

18. Hawkeye

19. Secret Avengers

20. Venom

21. ultimate spiderman

22. ultimates

Drop the bold titles...

Definetely start reading. Green arrow, Superman Unchained, X-O Manowar, Saga, Indestructuble Hulk and FF

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Keep Thor, Green Lantern, and GL: New Guardians. Add X-O Manowar and any of the other Valiant books which are:

-Harbinger

-Archer and Armstrong

-Shadowman

-Bloodshot

-Quantum and Woody

-Eternal Warrior (Comes out in September)

-Unity (Comes out in November)

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If I were you, I would just drop Batman: The Dark Knight and Batman Inc. (since it just ended) instead of all the Batman books.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

If I were you, I would just drop Batman: The Dark Knight and Batman Inc. (since it just ended) instead of all the Batman books.

yeah that's pretty much my only advice as well, although I honestly have never read much else, and the Venom comic.... I just don't imagine it to be really good.

Batman started out as one of the best comics of the New52 (with Court of Owls), and im sure it will return to that status Batman and Robin I'd like to stick around considering it had some really cool moments, and...well to me since all the robins are either too old or dead for the job, I have a feeling that batman will be hiring soon and i'd like to see that. Detective Comics... I hold on to.

I'd drop the Ultimate comic titles, since trying to keep up[ with two separate universes is just confusing and hard.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Keep Dark Knight, New Guardians, Nightwing (that one's Iffy, personally I like). Batman Inc is now finished (sadly). Pick up the Brian Posehn Deadpool, it's currently my favorite Marvel Publication, but like Stegman said, DP Kills DP better off waiting for trade pub. Get Justice League Dark (and the rest of the JL titles at least for the duration of the Tinity War event). Get Constantine. It's dark and gritty, borderline Vertigo title. I would also suggest Animal Man, because 1) the artwork is AMAZING and 2) he's another very atypical type of Superhero who doesn't fall into the typical cliche's of the genre.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

Drop Batman the Dark Knight. Terrible comic, and Batman inc since it's ending.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By CaptainHoopla

I feel it's my obligation to highly recommend Lazarus. It's only two issues in, but it's gone to the top of my read pile.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get rid of most of Batman books.

Out of most of titles you are looking to pick up, get Cap America and Indestructible Hulk, some of the best of New 52. Indestructible Hulk is a mix of spec op, high science and general lightheartedness. Cap is a fun book to read, it's a fantasy sci-fi adventure book and a modern take on typical Jack Kirby stories.

If you're into the Ultimate line, why don't you get Hunger? I don't read the Ultimate line much but it seems to have far-reaching consequences for the universe and Galactus connects it with the main Marvel universe.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:which jl book is the best? i read the first justice league arc and loved it. its just that justice league has never appealed to me except for a few arcs here and there.

@squalleon: well im not dropping daredevil dark knights i think its great, and i wont drop uncanny or superior. but which ff are you talking about ff or fantastic 4? and i gave the first few issues of green arrow a shot and didnt like it but is the new run any good? ive been hearing good things about 16

@sagejonathan: where should i start with x-o bc i really would like to get into it? and thor is good its just i hate year long arcs it feels weird having a year subscription and only getting one story out of it. 12 issue arcs are ok with me if they are bi monthly tho.

@rulerofthisuniverse: well i was going to drop them all since so many batman stories lately all tie in together but i may keep one out of tradition.

@captainhoopla:what can i expect from lazarus i do not know much about it?

@wolverine08:dark knight was pretty bad its just at the start of the new 52 i thought id be a batman completionist.

@bierschneeman: well i stick with ultimate spiderman since the original one was my first comic book that i bought myself and wasnt from my dad or grandpap. and i didnt read age of ultron but apparently they are trying to throw some of the ultimate stuff into 616

@hecktate: how does constantine compare to the original hellblazer? is it almost or just as good? and what are the strong points of animal man so i know what to expect bc that was recommended to me before. now is deadpool just funny or does it have some depth as well?

@maccyd: Im looking to pick up hunger when i go to the shop friday. and yeah cap looks great and remender is usually fantastic.

@bierschneeman: venom is actually really great if you ever get a chance read some of the early remender stuff.and as for batman i was just really disappointed with death of the family and zero year doesn't appeal to me.

i think i got back to everyone

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigtewell: For a jumping-on point for x-o you could go from the start as the Valiant universe is still pretty new or Unity, the upcoming crossover, is said to be a good jumping on point. Although it's seemingly X-O versus most of the Valiant universe which doesn't sound like jumping-on material to me...

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Id drop Red Lanterns for now and ironically pick up Swamp Thing asap (my favorite ongoing atm) ironically they have the same writer.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@bigtewell: I am talking FF not Fantastic 4
Green Arrow under Lemire and Sorrentino is probably in the top 3 titles dc is publishing.
How come you love Uncanny so much i tried it because it has Cyclops but i hated the art and the book seem not important for some reason.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: ill admit the art isnt the best but the story i think is decent. like a lot of the other x related books paint cyclops as a bad guy and the most dangerous villain currently active but this book makes him seem the exact opposite. it just has a lot of my fav x characters involved i.e cyc emma magneto ilyana and angel before he got his mind wiped even if he is only a kid. if it doesnt improve after the crossover i may consider dropping it tho. But i will give green arrow another shot i was just so disappointed with the first few issues and so blown away by hawkeyes series that i kinda forgot all about green arrow

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigtewell: My quick Lazarus synopsis. Image book written by Greg Rucka, art by Michael Lark.

Alternate world where only a handful of families have all of the money and resources, they each control territories of land. They each have their own private security forces/armies. They fight against each other as well as the common population, or the "waste" as they are referred to. Each family has one family member that is trained and medically enhanced from birth to be the protector of the family and their assets. This person is called a "Lazarus". The main character, so far, is the Lazarus of the Carlyle family. Her name is Forever Carlyle.

I highly recommend it. It's a very intriguing world.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman:which jl book is the best? i read the first justice league arc and loved it. its just that justice league has never appealed to me except for a few arcs here and there.

To me, Justice League is the best, but that's an unpopular opinion, then I'd say JLD and JLA

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bigtewell
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Constantine...NO. If your reading your friends Hellblazer trades just stick with those, the New 52 Constantine title is nowhere near as good.

Larfleeze...MAYBE. Personally, I like Larfleeze so far. It's funny and entertaining, just a good lighthearted read.

JLD...MAYBE. I've read up to issue #12 so far and have really enjoyed it but I'm not current on it so I can't say for sure how it's holding up now.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@hecktate: how does constantine compare to the original hellblazer? is it almost or just as good? and what are the strong points of animal man so i know what to expect bc that was recommended to me before. now is deadpool just funny or does it have some depth as well?

Sorry for the slow response, new on the forums and hit post limit.

Constantine isn't as good as Hellblazer, and it won't be simply because it's a regular DC title, they have to rein it in a bit since it's not suggested for mature audiences. But, it is closer to the John Constantine of Hellblazer than the John Constantine of JLD. No teamwork, just freelance antihero.

For Animal Man let me again stress the quality of the artwork. Beautiful. The writing is great too, and the character is more unique than your average superhero. This is a hero with a family and a public persona. Everyone knows who he is (backstory for New 52 is he used to be a B-list movie star) and his family is very heavily involved in his own superhero life. Definitely worth checking out, it's been one of my favorites the whole length of the New 52. First couple story arcs are available in trade.

The Posehn Deadpool is hilarious, but like most DP it does lack depth. Even when the whole world's in peril DP isn't much affected by it, and he doesn't have a lot of emotional stuff to be messed with. That being said, they're still great as far as story goes, well-planned rise and fall of action, with excellent DP sense of humor the whole time.