so what are some good modern runs of what

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are some good modern runs of 1. Iron man 2. Wolverine 3. Dr. Strange 4. Black panther 5. Thor 6. Green arrow and 7. Superman. Id prefer to read their specific books not just a team book. These are all characters that I've read in other books and have found interesting but have never heard of any specific run that was amazing. Ill even take a whole volume like I read all of daredevil vol 2 which never dissappointed me. And I prefer to read modern stories since these aren't my fav characters even tho the older spiderman and claremonts xmen and simonsons thor were some of the greatest runs ever

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For Iron Man, get Matt Fraction's run and Warren Ellis's Extremis story.

For Wolverine, get Frank Tierri's run, Enemy of State by Mark Millar, Logan by Brian K Vaughn, Jason Aaron's run, Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith, Wolverine: Origin by Paul Jenkins, and Old Man Logan by Mark Millar.

For Black Panther, get Christopher Priest's run. It is the BEST Black Panther stuff ever.

For Thor, begin getting Jason Aaron's Thor God of Thunder series which started in late 2012. It has been SPECTACULAR.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: Ive been reading thor god of thunder. i was hoping for something earlier. but ill check out the rest

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@bigtewell:

Green arrow: start readuing the current series at 17, I hear its amazing

Superman: Superman Unchained (only 3 issues so far), Superman/Batman (only 3 issues so far), Action Comics 1-18,0, annual 1, (Grant Morrisons run), Action comics when issue 25 comes out (Greg Pak)

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By JLDoom

I've heard the current Green Arrow comics got really good, somewhere around issue 19, 17? As for Superman I'd greatly recommend Geoff Johns' run: Last Son, Escape from Bizarro World, Superman and the Legion of superheroes, Brainiac. They're all easily among my favorite Superman stories.