So that happened! (Superior Spider-man 14 spoilers!!!)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

So I was just reading Superior 14 (last chance to look away) and in it SpOck destroyed Shadowland in Hell's Kitchen. Taking out Shadowland, Kingpins Empire and the Hand in a single blow. Did Slott just completely eradicate part of the Daredevil mythos or am I imagining things lol?

No Caption Provided

The same Shadowland it took a whole team of Superheros to get under control before in a Daredevil arc a few years back snuffed out in barely a few hours?

No Caption Provided

Did Slott just destroy a part of the Marvel Universe as well as part of New York City and Daredevils mythos? or am I reading too much into things lol?

No Caption Provided

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Slott writes Dr. Octopus, both pre and post "Superior" as his personal Mary-Sue. Slott and Ock are like Loeb and Rulk.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Black_Arrow

Well Yost wrote that doctor strange was beaten by Spock. Also the new fantastic four. Also Hulk and Thor said that felt spiderman move

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Actually he wrote that Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Sun Girl and Dr Strange were beaten by SpOck in a single morning due the to the fact the opponent had to be beaten for the virus to move on. Which actually is far worse lol. I guess it could be said they wern't fighting anywhere near 100% due to the whole storyline though.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Actually he wrote that Daredevil, Cloak and Dagger, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Sun Girl and Dr Strange were beaten by SpOck in a single morning due the to the fact the opponent had to be beaten for the virus to move on. Which actually is far worse lol. I guess it could be said they wern't fighting anywhere near 100% due to the whole storyline though.

yeah i know but the battle that most caught my eye were those.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the Hand are nothing but jokes anyway...the only thing that they had a problem with in the Shadowland arc was the demon possessed Daredevil....even Peter who is far less brutal than Ock shouldn't have a problem with 100 Hand ninjas and Ock had a giant spider-bot and a ton of his minions....I don't see any PIS here

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

It's about time some dealt with Shadowland 'coz Waid's spent his entire run ignoring it

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

The Hand are not as dangerous as most of us think and SpOck should be able to take them down and this that happened is kinda reasonable but I think that Shadowland should have been destroyed in Mark Waid's Daredevil.But despite everything I said,Slott should just stop writing anything from this point on.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I like how you're implying that

A: Shadowland matters

and

B: The Hand aren't pure cannon fodder

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: To my knowledge it was a part of Daredevils universe. It may not matter to the rest of the Marvel Universe but don't you find it odd that in a book that in a book that has almost nothing to do with a Shadowland its destroyed? It seems very strange to me anyway. I'd see it kind of like part of Queens getting destroyed and Spider-man having no part in it despite the fact thats were he lives and regularly patrols.

The Hand Ninja's themselves may be cannon fodder but the cult as a whole has given Daredevil trouble for years as well as many other characters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@strider92: Yet another reason why SpOck is Slott's idea of pure fan fiction. He takes down the entire criminal empire of Shadowland with some prep, an army and a day when not even the Avengers would risk going in there. Yet SpOck blindly storms in and gets undeserved praise for it from the citizens.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Hand are nothing but jokes anyway...the only thing that they had a problem with in the Shadowland arc was the demon possessed Daredevil....even Peter who is far less brutal than Ock shouldn't have a problem with 100 Hand ninjas and Ock had a giant spider-bot and a ton of his minions....I don't see any PIS here

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

As a person who hates SpOck let me play devils advocate. Shadowland is a pales in comparison to what is was. Kingpin only has control of a small number of Hand whose loyalty is tenuous at best and they are not backed by that god or demon they worship like they were when Daredevil was possesed.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1