#1 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

=\So I was watching a tv show and this specific issue was brought up they stated it was the first appearance of Spiderman's "Black Costume."

But I'm confused about something. Isn't Spiderman's "Black Costume" as shown there venom? OR did Spiderman have a "Black Costume" before binding with The Venom Symbiote?

I find it weird someone would say The first appearance of Spiderman's "Black Costume" as opposed to the first appearance of Venom?

Now I know later he got a Black Suit from Black cat but I'm talking about this issue.

#2 Posted by Dernman (15711 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC: The first time he wore a black costume was the symbiot but the symbiot didn't become Venom until later.

#3 Edited by Strider92 (16833 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes: That is the Venom Symbiote however it wasn't revealed until a while after Peter left Battle World that this was the case. Before Venom started to show its true colors Peter thought it was simply some kind of alien fabric.

#4 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@quirky_anecdotes: That is the Venom Symbiote however it wasn't revealed until a while after Peter left Battle World that this was the case. Before Venom started to show its true colors Peter thought it was simply some kind of alien fabric.

That actually brings up an interesting debate about first appearances now that I think about it.

Like can you say Darth Vader was in Phantom Menace because Anakin Skywalker or was Vader's first appearance A New Hope because that's first time he was called Darth Vader?

First appearances are kind of tricky in that way.

#5 Posted by Hax0r (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Look; Each Symbiote adapts to it's wearer, Venom became "Venom" when it was attached to the proper wearer, who after being bonded for a long enough period of time, needs it to stay alive. Carnage, Toxin, Venom, Spider-Carnage, all unique.

#6 Posted by Hax0r (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes: Technically; Vader's first appearance is when Anakin saw his future self as Vader: Star Wars The Clone Wars TAS: Season Three-Episodes 15 & 16.