So Spider-man comes out 2 weeks after Wonder Woman

• 105 results
flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wonder Woman comes out June 23, 2017 and Spider-Man now comes out July 7, 2017, and that's going to be some major competition. Something else worth noting is that Despicable Me 3 is coming out a week after, which has a huge audience too.

I know that the release dates are tentative but I'm worried. Do you think WB may decide to bring it out sooner or what should happen? Do you think Marvel may move?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Marvel won't move, they already have an unstoppable fan following, and Spider-Man is still super loved by the general public

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel won't move, they already have an unstoppable fan following, and Spider-Man is still super loved by the general public

Don't underestimate the power of 3rd wave radical feminist. All I have to do is make a little post on tumblr about how Marvel purposely scheduled their movie to undermine the release of the first movie featuring the most iconic female super hero. Just picture what they did to Joss Whedon then multiply that 10 fold. It'll be a peri--blood bath :/

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not good for Wondy

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smart move by Marvel. It won't do anything major though. I have a good feeling about this Wonder Woman movie (even if it's late for Wondy movie)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

They'll move it 40 days back like they did with BvS. Marvel+Spidey+ pointless Downey cameo =big money.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Asgaard
TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Should WB push WW back a month or will it not matter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Despicable Me is a much bigger threat to Spider-Man. Spider-Man is going to curbstomp WW.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao. Spider-Man>>>>>>>>>>>WW. They better hope Gal can all of a sudden act her ass off. Won't be surprised if WB changes that date.

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sipderman is going to crush WW, the only real threat MCU has on the market is BvS.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't see the big deal like, at all.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Does the general audience still really even care that much?

Its like the 6th Spider-Man movie and each one has made less money in the US than the last.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its like the 6th Spider-Man movie and each one has made less money in the US than the last.

Its a worldwide powerful brand that merged with another powerful brand (Mcu) increases the appeal and success probability to higher levels, if not Sony would not allow Marvel/Disney to use the character for free and Marvel Studios a $9B franchise would not lose time producing a movie that Disney will not sell! Universal only has Hulk solo live action distribution rights (Sony has all Spider-Man rights regarding live action and animation) and Marvel/Disney still choose to produce and fit the Spider-Man into the Mcu, because the potential is very superior to the Hulk that in the Mcu current stage would have similar or superior potential to a Wonder Woman solo movie! Obviously that some variables like B v S reception and Gadot's performance/relevance/acceptance in this movie may increase the probability of success of the solo take on the character!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NeonGameWave

I think it will definitely be an interesting week but Spider-Man will come out on top and be number one IMO however Wonder Woman will be able to to hold its own.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Spiderman.

Wonder-woman will make enough money but lets not pretend they are in the same league.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A female superhero? Its not going to work.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@asgaard said:
@silent_bomber said:

Its a worldwide powerful brand that merged with another powerful brand (Mcu) increases the appeal and success probability to higher levels, if not Sony would not allow Marvel/Disney to use the character for free and Marvel Studios a $9B franchise would not lose time producing a movie that Disney will not sell! Universal only has Hulk solo live action distribution rights (Sony has all Spider-Man rights regarding live action and animation) and Marvel/Disney still choose to produce and fit the Spider-Man into the Mcu, because the potential is very superior to the Hulk that in the Mcu current stage would have similar or superior potential to a Wonder Woman solo movie! Obviously that some variables like B v S reception and Gadot's performance/relevance/acceptance in this movie may increase the probability of success of the solo take on the character!

No Caption Provided

It's crazy that Spidey by himself makes more money than Avengers, Batman, and Superman combined.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the big deal like, at all.

...Are we not going to see both of them anyway?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not going to watch wonder woman.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Pshh you're crazy if you think Disney will move. WB needs to be considering moving Wonder Woman as Spider Man will suck up all the money. Wonder Woman is nowhere near as popular as Spider Man.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 the_stegman  Moderator

Doesn't matter, I will see both, and most fans will too.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, not gonna happen. Honestly, the difference between the two is a week, and if anything, Wonder Woman will move, not Spidey.

- TAS

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I don't blame you. My DC fan card already been revolted. The WW film probably going to be a disaster anyways.

T1793456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't WB already move BvS? I doubt a WW solo will threaten a Spidey movie that's probably gonna be made the right way.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RustyRoy

It won't matter much, the first two weeks are the most important. It might take a hit when Spider-Man gets released but if the movie is well liked it will do well enough in third and fourth week.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think you all need to hold your opinions until BvS comes out so you see how much people liked WW.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Spider-Man would mop the floor with WW.

"Hey little Billy, would you like to see a WW1 film about Wonder Woman filmed in greyscale and exploring themes of humanity? Or do you want to see Spider-Man shoot webs and look colorful?"

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it another Spider-Man reboot? I can't remember the last decent Spidey movie.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It doesn't matter. Summer is always like this. Both will be crushed by Despicable Me 3 anyway. Kids can't get enough of them minions.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still watching them both.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Asgaard

So The Justice League movie comes out 2 weeks after Thor Ragnarok? (Nov 03 and Nov 17 of 2017)

Even if (for now) there isn't other big franchises in that time period (Nov 2017) and we still don't know much of the power of the Dc cinematic universe in 2017, Kevin Feige is being careful with this Mcu movie release date, cast Cate Blanchett and already announced/hyped the Hulk and Thanos for this movie and nothing special for GotG vol 2 and Spider-Man reboot that are released before Thor 3? Perhaps a sign that Marvel Studios has concern with this movie box office performance because this characters (Hulk/Thanos) don't fit well any Ragnarok known premise!

The thing with Wonder Woman movie is that (at least till now) WB did not demonstrate much dedication for this project, perhaps besides the insistence that the director had to be female, but even here i don't know? I could see Michelle MacLaren fit in developing worldbuildings similar to Wonder Woman, Patty Jenkins? Either way the sensation is that WB didn't have a special concern with the writer (Jason Fuchs didn't prove himself yet) and bringing star power for this project!

Terraplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think Wonder Woman by far has more potential to be something awesome that we really haven't seen before, but i'm pretty sure a lot of people will watch both, despite the proximity. Spider-Man is just going to be more "successful" because it's Spider-Man. there's really no way around that.

more younger kids are going to drag their parents to see Spider-Man multiple times, and buy barrel-loads of movie merchandise. more adults will watch Wonder Woman and then buy the Blu-Ray. the tone of WW from what we've seen so far, looks like it could be award winning and a compelling story to transcend normal superhero movies. what little we know of the Spider-Man movie and based on most of the MCU, is to be fun and set up for more fun later.

both are fine, but i know which one i'm looking forward to seeing the most. their respective cameos in Civil War and BvS might change that... i guess we'll just have to see.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

What's your point?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey will outperform Wonder Woman, and all the cat ladies will be on the internet spouting "muh sexism" assuredly.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideys gonna bank much more than WW. People will see it regardless of just seeing 2 other films in the last number of years and because he's Marvels mascot. Not to mention word has catched on to the casual populace that Spidey is in the MCU debuting in CW. Assuming the DCEU has any traction or appeal with BVS or the chick playing WW, than even objectively it will still make more money. Not a billion, but around 600-800 mil perhaps.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Justice League and Batman V Superman is IMO Marvel's only competition.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SilverPool

I'm not sure how excited audiences are going to be for the second spider-man reboot compared to the first appearance of WW. We'll have to see.

If everybody likes him in CW it'll be a guranteed success either way tho.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Despicable Me is a much bigger threat to Spider-Man. Spider-Man is going to curbstomp WW.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has already proven the success of their movie franchise, while DC only has one movie to show for their's. Marvel can easily stand their ground, especially when it comes to the current most popular superhero on the planet. If anyone is going to move the release date, it's DC, and I'd honestly be shocked if they didn't. There's absolutely no way Wonder Woman is going to compete with Spider-Man, even if Gal does a great job in preceding movies and Tom Holland tanks in CW.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Crap on a cracker, it's not like they're out on the same day...
Crap on a cracker, it's not like they're out on the same day...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers 5, featuring a script by Iron Man scribes Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down), will be directed once again by Michael Bay and is set to crash into theaters on June 23, 2017, where it will open against Warner Bros.’ upcoming Wonder Woman movie. Mark Wahlberg has also confirmed he will return for the film. link

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait..folks think execs at WB actually think the movie audience will choose between WW or Spider-Man? or do they know that a lot of folks will see them both? (Hint: It's the latter.) You see, WB cares about its entire network of movies, they do not care if Spider-Man makes more money than WW, in fact, they probably concede that. You think they actually sit in an office and obsess only about their comic-book movies? No, CV does that, WB and Disney don't.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The real question is "Who isn't seeing both?"