TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheAmazingSpidey
No Caption Provided

Well, thanks to recommendation by another user on this site on my other blog, after a couple of years, yesterday, I decided to give Spidey 3 another watch at midnight - I thought of it as an atrocity before I rewatched it, but now, after giving it another go... what do I think?

Um... I like it? I'm not entirely sure yet - I guess it's a guilty pleasure, on the one hand, it's a mess and the narrative is clunky, but it's a fun film and I could understand the antagonist's motivations (well, at least Sandman and Harry) - it's heavily flawed, I'd say it sits at a 6.5/10 in my book - Eddie Brock's arc was incredibly rushed and so was Harry's... but I actually like SM3 more than 2002's Spidey 1. Why? Because Spider-Man 3 is A) a fun film and B) it at least has a narrative, not a cookie cutter one.

It's weaker than Spidey 2 (which is one of my all time favourite films), like, much weaker, it isn't good, isn't bad - it's fine. I thought the film was the best thing ever when I was a kid, because... well... I was a kid. I think I'll certainly have to rewatch SM3 again and I'll be doing so Thursday, maybe. I guess, yeah, I like the film - so if you think it's an atrocity... my advice is: At least rewatch it, it's some good fun.

Well - nothing else really, just a small update - I think my next blog entry will probably be something about the Joker and why I think he's the greatest CBM villain of all time. Um... yeah - thanks for reading, don't forget to follow the user account for more stuff, feel free to look at my other blogs, leave a comment below, share your thoughts about Spidey 3, thanks.

- TAS

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@theamazingspidey: Eddie Brock's arc was incredibly rushed and so was Harry's

I can see why Brock's was rushed (Just like the comics) but Harry's certainly wasn't.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see why Brock's was rushed (Just like the comics) but Harry's certainly wasn't.

Brock's arc was certainly rushed, yeah - glad you could agree with me. Harry's arc... wasn't. Let me paraphrase that - "Harry's amnesia arc was rushed", the rest was fine.

- TAS

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't sit through any of the old films now. The new films have set the bar higher in terms of action and storytelling. I'll still shed a tear at Harry's death though!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tobey cried way too much lol

and the jazz dance, it was annoyingly unnecessary. So was holding MJ as hostage, again. Venom was handled poorly. Green Goblin costume seemed like it was taken from one of those s.w.a.t movies.

Other than that it was a decent popcorn flick. People were disappointed because the expectations were skyrocketing after Spider-man 2.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@night4345 said:

Brock's arc was certainly rushed, yeah - glad you could agree with me. Harry's arc... wasn't. Let me paraphrase that - "Harry's amnesia arc was rushed", the rest was fine.

- TAS

Ah. True.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and the jazz dance, it was annoyingly unnecessary. So was holding MJ as hostage, again. Venom was handled poorly. Green Goblin costume seemed like it was taken from one of those s.w.a.t movies.

Other than that it was a decent popcorn flick. People were disappointed because the expectations were skyrocketing after Spider-man 2.

Eh... not entirely. I recall he cried when MJ broke up with him and then when Harry died - that's it.

- TAS

I can't sit through any of the old films now. The new films have set the bar higher in terms of action and storytelling. I'll still shed a tear at Harry's death though!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're enjoying the new films :P ASM1 and SM2 are my favourite Spidey films and one of my favourite CBMs... although I found ASM2 on par with SM3.

- TAS

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh... not entirely. I recall he cried when MJ broke up with him and then when Harry died - that's it.

I thought bursting into tears every now and then was unnecessarily. He should have tried to control his emotions. He is a man, not a kid. That's just me though.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@theamazingspidey: You figured this out after 7 years from the release date?

No offence, but please don't comment on any of my stuff unless you learn proper communication. Also - your comment's flagged because it's meaningless and insulting - also, did you not read the part where I said I hadn't watched the film for years? Jesus...

- TAS

@theamazingspidey said:

I thought bursting into tears every now and then was unnecessarily. He should have tried to control his emotions. He is a man, not a kid. That's just me though.

Well... if your friend died - you don't think you would cry? :P

- TAS

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@theamazingspidey said:

Well... if your friend died - you don't think you would cry? :P

- TAS

My father died when I was 18. I was incredibly upset, sure, but I don't recall myself crying that much. Besides I didn't mind when he cried for uncle Ben. He didn't see that coming. Now when you're fighting enemies for your life, that's completely another scenario. I also don't see an adult guy bursting into tears in occasion when his love interest dumps him. It felt like Raimi was exaggerating the emotions to make the audiences feel sad for the hero. That's my take on it anyway.

(Edit: I just realized you changed father into friend. Well, the outcome is probably the same.)

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan:

Aww... sorry to hear :(

Yeah - I guess they did blow the crying out proportion, although, besides the crying and the goofy faces - I like Tobey in Spidey 3.

- TAS

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The only thing you got wrong was SM1 being worst than SM3...

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing you got wrong was SM1 being worst than SM3...

Aww... well... opinions are opinions :P

- TAS

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't understand why you put Spider-man 1 so low.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The villain was weak, the film was a list of stuff happening in the second half, the romance was unbelievably shallow and the character's were unengaging.

- TAS

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis said:

The villain was weak, the film was a list of stuff happening in the second half, the romance was unbelievably shallow and the character's were unengaging.

- TAS

Goblin was still managing to put Spidey in tough situations, everything that was happening had been set in the first half of the film, the romance had a platonic sense to it and so were the characters that way. Only thing I didn't like was not using a mask for the Goblin 'stead of a helmet.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mad_titan said:

- TAS

@monsterstomp said:

Glad you're enjoying the new films :P ASM1 and SM2 are my favourite Spidey films and one of my favourite CBMs... although I found ASM2 on par with SM3.

- TAS

You didn´t just said this right ? Did you make a typing mistake ? Just kidding man. I am really sad you changed your opinion that drastically.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS2 was better.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Penderor

@theamazingspidey: And I will flag your threads for now because I consider them as spam.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

No its an awful film from every aspect.

Tobey continues to fail. The relationship with MJ is still going in circles with the Harry love triangle non sense. MJ is terrible used and captured again. Gwen is completely misportrayed and is more like a young MJ. Sandman has to be retconned in to be semi-relevant. New Goblin is a joke.

And Venom failed from every single aspect.

Its a piss poor film.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its my guilty pleasure, I don't like anything about the movie but still I watched it multiple times and somehow seem to like it. I don't think I dislike any of the Spidermovies.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That dance scene pretty much killed the film for me. Yeah the film can be fun at times but damn, there are too many flaws IMO. It's the worst spidey film by far IMO.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

It was a daytime soap opera. I don't give a f*ck about Peter & MJ crying, I wanted more Venom!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a daytime soap opera. I don't give a f*ck about Peter & MJ crying, I wanted more Venom!

lol

That dance scene pretty much killed the film for me. Yeah the film can be fun at times but damn, there are too many flaws IMO. It's the worst spidey film by far IMO.

Ironically the dance scene is the one of the most famous scenes from the movie.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rogueshadow  Moderator

Terrible film.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@theamazingspidey: And I will flag your threads for now because I consider them as spam.

Um... sorry, Lol - but you'll be wasting your time because I'm not spamming at all. Also - doesn't matter what you consider - go read up on rules.

- TAS

@theamazingspidey said:

@mad_titan said:

- TAS

@monsterstomp said:

- TAS

You didn´t just said this right ? Did you make a typing mistake ? Just kidding man. I am really sad you changed your opinion that drastically.

Hype and all... I'm really sad too :(

- TAS

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Rules are allowing to make million threads in week about one same thing? Ok, I will get prepared my Episode I to X Star Wars. At least 10 threads of Jedi and Sith in row.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@theamazingspidey:

Dude, you're right. Sometimes you come back to a film after a few years away and the hype has died down and make your opinion and its changed. I watched Spiderman 3 recently again and don't think its half as bad as people on here would let you believe. I mean it made a bucket load of cash at the BO and garnered average (not dire) reviews. Its hardly Batman and Robin or Elektra!!

..but then I tend not to follow the herd. I like both the Amazing Spiderman films and Green Lantern more than most and there even parts of Daredevil I like! I also prefer Dark Knight Rises to Dark Knight.

It would be boring if we all loved the same stuff...

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@theamazingspidey: Rules are allowing to make million threads in week about one same thing? Ok, I will get prepared my Episode I to X Star Wars. At least 10 threads of Jedi and Sith in row.

Um... http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/site-rules-and-faqs-669033/ I didn't break single rule :P Also - go ahead and create 10 threads for Jedi and Sith, I mean... why not? So long as it's something on topic, I don't see a reason why not.

- TAS

@bezza said:

@theamazingspidey:

Dude, you're right. Sometimes you come back to a film after a few years away and the hype has died down and make your opinion and its changed. I watched Spiderman 3 recently again and don't think its half as bad as people on here would let you believe. I mean it made a bucket load of cash at the BO and garnered average (not dire) reviews. Its hardly Batman and Robin or Elektra!!

..but then I tend not to follow the herd. I like both the Amazing Spiderman films and Green Lantern more than most and there even parts of Daredevil I like! I also prefer Dark Knight Rises to Dark Knight.

It would be boring if we all loved the same stuff...

Thanks - yeah, stuff like that happens. Strangely enough, I liked Spidey 3 when it came out... then a couple of years passed and I hadn't watched the full thing - all I could hear was the constant hate towards the film so I went by that.

Agreed - where's the fun if our opinions are all the same!?

- TAS