so nova fans really want the rider back..

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

is sam a boring character/ i.e is he that bad

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

He's change

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Experio

Sams not boring but Rider was more interesting.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

One of these people pulled Annihilus inside out and saved the universe.

The other is a middle schooler.

GUESS WHICH ONE PEOPLE WANT TO READ ABOUT.

It's not that Sam's a bad character, from what I've read, he actually seems kind of cool. But he's going up against RICHARD F***ING RIDER. He never had a chance.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam's a cool interesting character and the books actually good, but he's not Richard Rider.

I think the biggest problem is how Thanos and Peter Quill ( Starlord) inexplicably came back from the Cancerverse but Richard didn't.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Binski

I like Sam and he's my first nova the comic is well done and if they change the character for fans then they will lose this one

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Sam is not bad at all. But then of course there is a slight inconsistency if they wont bring Richard Rider back since both Thanos and Starlord seemingly escaped the cancerverse after the events of Thanos Imperative for unknown reasons. Besides the worldmind needs to reboot sometime and hopefully while Sam can maintain his status as the new Nova, Rider should come back as Nova Prime.

Personally he was also part of one of the best Marvel main events I ever read namely Annihilation and he did give an epic ending there.

No Caption Provided

musim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its not that Sam is a bad character, its that he is the most bland stereotypical character that has been in a book I purchased in a very long time. There is no room in my wallet for bland characters, especially ones meant to replace good ones like Richard Rider in the name of character evolution. I picked up the first 6 issues of Sam's run as they came out and man I could not give a rat's ass about this kid. On top of that you have characters like Rocket Raccoon and Gamora showing up and telling him he's "the one"? Give me a break! Leob is such a terrible writer.

Dhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really wanted to ask some marvel fans this? has there been an event that causes Marvel now?

I`m really a DC kinnda guy and recetly started to read Marvel comics (Annihilation, Conquest, war of kings, guardians of the galaxy, Thanos Imperative and annihilators ) but when i got to Guardians of the galaxy v3 (marvel now) nothing makes sense anymore

i mean Star-Lord is BLONDE :O the team looks the same but it`s kinnda different, Thanos and Starlord are alive. It`s like the Marvel Now writers have no idea whats going on. I have no problem with some new inconsistency's as long as there is some kind of a reason for them but from what i gather marvel just throw history out the window. i just wanted to know if i`m missing and event that started MArvel Now and the reboots. Btw i`ve read AvX but that had nothing to do with space and it only changed the mutants in earth 616.

PS Is it just me or marvel whent crazy with the reboots lately i mean they don't EVEN finnish storylines and the book get`s rebooted

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iragexcudder

I'm getting a the Nova Corps Star tattoo in a month or two. Nova is beyond my favorite character.. But Sam Alexander is too teenish for me. A cockier Peter Parker with sub par cosmic skills.

Isn't Nova #13 gonna have Beta Ray Bill? I'm sure he'll remember Richard

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Sam isn't a bad character at all, I really like him and I've been enjoying his book since Loeb left it's just Richard had just had some of the most amazing character development he's ever had and then he was just killed off. Richard went from just a joker and a kid to being Nova Prime and leading the ENTIRE galaxy in a war against the Annihilation Wave, he then went on to rebuild the Nova Corps from the ground up and he even founded and led the Annihilators, who are the Universe's Mightiest Heroes.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they bring back Rider and lose the little brat, I will be buying this comic every month (Like I did with the old Nova series)...so yeah, the kid is "garbage tier" character...

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly have not read enough of Sam to really place judgement on him

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the worldmind needs to reboot sometime and hopefully while Sam can maintain his status as the new Nova, Rider should come back as Nova Prime.

How IS the corps working without Worldmind?

And why do they need helmets to have powers?

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: In truth the writers completely fail to explain how the Nova Corps even function without the worldmind cause many suggest it has not rebooted since the events of the Thanos Imperative. If it did reboot then the worldmind should have an explanation on what happened to Rider and how Thanos and Quill escaped the Cancerverse but every new writer seems to deliberately omit that.

The Helmet is probably how the worldmind communicates with its centurions.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Maybe they have a backup solution?

No, you dont understand. I mean why do they only have Nova-Force with the helmets on? It was never a problem before.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By millennium

@dhor: the answer is no their was no event (even though marvel loves their "game changing events" so much they have at least 3 a year) that made marvel now and the inconsistency's thing you brought up yeah those are just the tip of the ice berg of what is wrong with marvel to the point to weir i think they need to do a hard reboot to fix everything

o and the whole nova thing for the discussion befor i for get i dont get why they just couldnt have rider train sam to replace him that way in a couple of years you can have rider go off and do his own thing and still have sam as the new nova of earth

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@waezi2 said:

@vandersexxx: Maybe they have a backup solution?

No, you dont understand. I mean why do they only have Nova-Force with the helmets on? It was never a problem before.

Oh regarding that I'm not entirely sure since the only time I really began reading about Nova was in 2005 and the Annihilation event. From what I know every Nova Corps member imbued with the Nova Force automatically seemingly gets a helmet on the same way when Rider as Nova Prime gave some of his power to Quasar in the Thanos Imperative.

I haven't seen a member of the Nova Corps without their helmets (I'm counting of course the possibility I may have not read something since 1978).

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just really bored from teen and teenager characters in the comics. There are enough of them already.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm also in the group that is not particularly fond of teenage characters because I don't want to read about the teen angst and rebellion and all the other things that goes with someone trying to write a teenager role. I wasn't a fan of Richard Rider whenever he was part of the New Warriors because he had that similar vibe to him. Annihilation through Thanos Imperative Richard Rider is one of my favorite characters of all time.

The only teen hero that I really enjoyed reading was Invincible, and that was mostly because he grew up.