So it's been 1 year since DC's New 52 relaunch.

• 57 results
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Katie24

@FullmetalChobit said:

@Katie24: I'm not so impatient, I've got a pile of comics and books that need a serious attack but somehow only seems to be getting bigger.... Green Arrow for me has been a serious dissapointment. The storyline's are bland and I have no connection with Ollie because he has NO personality whatsoever. I'm looking forward to reading some Earth 2 but I'm a bit apprehensive about what they're going to cancel next... if it's Aquaman then I may shave my own knees off...

Yeah me to, when I was pregnant with my son, who is almost 5 months old now, the smell of the ink on comic books made me sick, literally, so I've been slowly catching up on about 8 months worth of comics, lol. Its to bad that you don't like Green Arrow, I think (or hope) he will gain a bit more personality as the series moves forward. I read an interview with Ann Nocenti and she said she was going to have Ollie loose everything and really break him down emotionally and use this as a tool to build him back up to the Green Arrow we know and love. And for the sake of your knees I hope they don't cancel Aquaman, its been doing good, getting good reviews so I don't think it will.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@FullmetalChobit: lol ya... i hv heared ppl say that the comic industry is declining.... but i don't see it....they are selling so many products... its really going to bankrupt me..lol... i m trying to collect all the ame-comi series but the damn statues are frigging expensive.... plus the dc figures from ktobukiya... they are crazy expensive... plus gilfrend's birthday..f@#&..lol

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By DonFelipe

It's not that I'd never read any comics, but with the New 52 I picked up every single #1 and gave it a fair chance - before I had only known a few Batman books; mainly Arkham- and Joker-related stories and DC's Batwoman/Elegy when it comes to DC Comics. So, almost all #1's were kind of interesting to me...

Some of them I didn't like nonetheless and haven't checked out the second issues anymore: all the Green Lanterns, Firestorm, Deathstroke, Blackhawks, Superboy, Titans, Static, Men of War, Red Lanterns, Legions of SH & Legion Lost, Earth-2, World's Finest.

These I stopped reading after #2/#3 for cost and time issues: I, Vampire, Action Comics, Superman, Green Arrow, Captain Atom, Hawkman, TDK, Nightwing, Batgirl, Catwoman, DC.

Then there's a bunch of comics I may still continue reading later again: Red Hood, DCU presents, Demon Knights, Swamp Thing, and JL Dark are ok. They just don't give me that "can't wait for more" feeling.

Last not least here's what I still have on my pull list (from expected to surprisingly awesome):

- BATWOMAN: awesome art, good story-telling, one of my favorites

- BATMAN: some of the best story writing ever, I think, this book truly deserves all the praise

- DIAL H: nice one! goes onto my pull list; at least for the next few rounds.

- ANIMAL MAN: seriously... WTF! Some may find it disgusting and over the edge! It's brilliant.

- FRANKENSTEIN: same thing; just less disgusting but even weirder characters and images.

- VOODOO: surprisingly refreshing

- SUPERGIRL: I want to keep reading at least 1 Super and Kara's made the cut.

- ALL-STAR WESTERN: not such a Western fan (anymore), Hex really rocks the Wild West. Great story telling and I don't know how to put it but the entire atmosphere is kinda dark and noir which works for Hex, of course.

I still have to check the Ravagers and Batman Inc.

And so far the winner is...

WONDER WOMAN:

I already loved the cover art of the first issue and then I read it 2 times; in fact 2 times the first 2 issues. Wow! It's so special! It'll be an all-time classic! It even lets me look up more info about Greek Gods and mythology. How the character's are painted and portrayed is incredible. Even the ones I don't like at first, turn out to be very interesting and it feels that all of them add to the story - there's no distractions except maybe War (Ares) so far; however everytime he shows up something funny (not funny, I know!) happens around him. So far #1-9 have me totally hooked and I can't wait for #10 hence more more more and with every new issue I will pick up the old one's first. My new favorite God is Azzarello... will definitely try his older works, too (well "Joker" is a good read, too).

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Wow can't believe its been a year (or near enough) already! Still getting Batwing and still thoroughly enjoying it

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By FullmetalChobit
@Katie24: Wow 8 months of accumulation, it must be ridiculous! That's so strange, I've never heard of anyone getting ill with the smell of ink whilst being pregnant, that must have been seriously naff :( still now you've got a little bubba AND loads of comics to read :D  

I'm gunna stick with GA for a little longer 'cause he is one of my fave DC characters but yeah HOPEFULLY he gets a bit of personality at some point! The poor, lowly Ollie Queen was always better. 

Yeah Aquaman has been awesome, Geoff Johns is pretty much a legend. And he's so properly buff right now, it's unreal!
Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By FullmetalChobit
@cloudzackvincent said:  

@FullmetalChobit: lol ya... i hv heared ppl say that the comic industry is declining.... but i don't see it....they are selling so many products... its really going to bankrupt me..lol... i m trying to collect all the ame-comi series but the damn statues are frigging expensive.... plus the dc figures from ktobukiya... they are crazy expensive... plus gilfrend's birthday..f@#&..lol

No neither do I, not to mention the fact that there are video games, films, animated series etc selling the genre. I don't think comic books are going anywhere for now ;)  

Make sure you get your girlfriend's present first, she won't be impressed if you buy a massive Wonder Woman figurine and don't get her anything! :P  

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By cloudzackvincent

@FullmetalChobit: lol sound advice... ty