So it's been 1 year since DC's New 52 relaunch.

• 57 results
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Katie24

It has been 1 year since DC's New 52 relaunch. What do you think about it so far?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

Still feels really new.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Hasn't been a year yet.

But I'm digging it anyways.

TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Its going on 10 months. Still feels new. I dropped most of my New 52 books already only really keeping Red Hood and the Outlaws and Teen Titans

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Katie24

@Gambit1024 said:

Hasn't been a year yet.

Oh, I could have sworn its been a year. Maybe I'm thinking that its been a year since it was announced or something....O__o

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

They dont seem that old to me. The again i dont know why they dont release more.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@Katie24 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Hasn't been a year yet.

Oh, I could have sworn its been a year. Maybe I'm thinking that its been a year since it was announced or something....O__o

Yeah, it'll be a year in September. Don't sweat it :P

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I'm reading Batman, red hood, Teen titans, justice league

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By cloudzackvincent

i have never read so much comic book in my life... reading 24 titles.... but have to drop some of them soon...too much strain on the pocket

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad

@HexShadow said:

@Katie24:A bit early aren't we? It's probably been a year since it was announced but the 1 year anniversary won't be until September.

This

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Katie24

@ssejllenrad: @HexShadow: Yeah I know, my mistake! Sorry! >.<

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#13  Edited By BatWatch

I could have sworn there were twelve months in a year...

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CODYSF

This is my list of the comics I own

Action Comics

Swamp Thing

Animal Man

Batman

Earth Two

The Flash

Wonder Woman

All Star Western

Green Lantern

Blue Beetle

Justice League

Aquaman
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action Comics and I, Vampire. The rest of my money goes toward precious alcohol and maybe rent.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By chalkshark

Much ado about nothing. Quality wise, some titles read better than before, some read much, much worse, and some are just kind of there. Really, no significant change from where the line was last year. Fresh coat of paint aside, it's just more of the same.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SoA

@CODYSF said:

This is my list of the comics I own

Action Comics

Swamp Thing

Animal Man

Batman

Earth Two

The Flash

Wonder Woman

All Star Western

Green Lantern

Blue Beetle

Justice League

this except replace blue beetle n all star western for stormwatch , grifter , voodoo, the other lantern books, aquaman, jli, n firestorm

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twentyfive

New 52 has re-introduced me to comics after a long, long absence. Some things are great because they ACTUALLY rebooted them, some things I didn't get. Oh well. Over all, I love it.

I read Action, Batwing, and I intend to get Batgirl. I recently included Animal Man and Justice League Dark, and I might get Swamp thing as well. After that, I get old issues of comics, and some Marvel books.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnnyGat

Me I enjoy it well enough. I'm reading Batwing, Batman, Teen Titans, Batman and Robin, Justice League, Firestorm and Red Hood mostly with the occasional attempt to view something different which as of this moment I'm sticking with the "Savage" arc of the "DC comics presents..." books

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CODYSF

@SoA:

I just add Aquaman cause I got it but hell no I;m not replacing Blue Beetle and All Star Western I love the comic

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CainPanell

@Gambit1024 said:

Hasn't been a year yet.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SoA

@CODYSF: i meant my pull list is similar except blue beetle n all star western. i dont read those . lol

Agiyosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Agiyosi

@Twentyfive said:

New 52 has re-introduced me to comics after a long, long absence. Some things are great because they ACTUALLY rebooted them, some things I didn't get. Oh well. Over all, I love it.

I read Action, Batwing, and I intend to get Batgirl. I recently included Animal Man and Justice League Dark, and I might get Swamp thing as well. After that, I get old issues of comics, and some Marvel books.

I'm just now getting back into comics after a LONG time. The New 52 is kind of making the transition back easy. Picked up Batman and am going to probably toss some coin toward Nightwing, Aquaman, Batwing, Justice League, and some Marvel stuff (Spider-Man and maybe something else).

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24  Edited By SC  Moderator
Woah, woah wait? A year? No no no no no, most definitely assuredly hasn't been a year. How could you make such a huge incredibly huge mistake! Imagine if every year only had 9 months in them, all the people born in October, November and December would die!! Die the death of non existence! That's the worse kind of racism and sexism. I'll reiterate and repeat myself and then attempt to quote myself! It hasn't been a year, it hasn't been a year! I'll assert myself that the purpose of this thread was clearly about time and dates and now that I have been the first person to clearly establish and confirm it hasn't been a year I will take my leave without offering any discussion on the other component of the thread!   

Actually lol I would offer a bigger opinion about how I am finding the whole New 52, but truth be told I only read up to about issue 2 of most series. I continued buying, but am just way behind on reading. So my opinion is almost that of myself a year... sorry nine months ago, when all new series seemed so full of promise and potential. I just found it was funny so many people just posted to offer correction as if there was some literal time fairy preventing them from giving an opinion since its not literally a year. Oh actually I was reading Birds of Prey and Batwoman for a while, and both those series seem to go from strength to strength, and momentum was carried, but I kind of expected that. I am still not happy that a lot of characters were sacrificial lambs for the sake of getting a lot of attention. A lot of attention that is really only a temporal solution (that potentially may do more harm than good long term) to a bigger comics problem. Am fingers crossed for a lot of good quality and creative reading when I catch up.    
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It sucks. 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It sucks.

Ding ding ding.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By Mercy_

I disagree

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Billy Batson

Still haven't read any of the books.
Have one of the trades though.
BB

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm sure the DC brass thinks it was a good idea, as sales are still up. Personally, I mostly like it. I'm reading mostly the same titles I was before, but the new 52 did get me to add Swamp Thing.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Superguy0009e

I think it has mostly been successful. The really good books are still around, and that is what i like.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jorgevy

Im loving it, picking up a lot of comics now and it transitioned me more to DC than ever before (Im still a Marvel fanboy though :D )

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Dreadmaster

Was only reading Batman from the New 52 but now i might start reading GL and Aquaman.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WildStyle

I'm very meh with it to be honest. I dropped more books than I originally thought I would drop. I'm reading three books as opposed to 13 that I originally started with.

As for going forward, I'm looking forward to the Trinity War and I'm hoping wave 3 actually has titles that I'm interested in. The DC Universe still has potential so it'll be interesting to see where things go in the future.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By InnerVenom123

Snyder's Batman.

'Nuff said.

jinxuandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jinxuandi

As someone who has mostly read Marvel, the reboot has really helped me get into the DC universe. I've really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By greencrapweasel

i have been bouncing back and forth in liking it and not liking it

at this point i like certain things about it, but HATE other things about it

• I like that the whole pandora storyline is still continuing
  • I HATE that beast boy is red (I MEAN COME ON! I UNDERSTAND WHY, BUT SCREW THAT! BEAST BOY IS JUST MEANT TO BE GREEN!)
  • I like that a lot of the comics have been colliding over one another
  • I HATE that wally west isn't really in existence (to be fair i think he does exist, but just without super speed)
  • I like that there seems to be more things going on in this universe
  • I HATE that nothings really 100% clear as to what is going on or what might be happening
  • I like that they developed Artemis Crock to be more like the T.V. version of her on Young Justice
  • I HATE that they killed her already

The list goes on but these are the things that come immediately to my head

What I kinda really hope happens is that they will finish the whole pandora epidemic and then since the universe could return to "normal", the D.C. writers and what not decide what things were a hit and a miss in "the new 52." From there I think they should take in account everything that was a hit in the whole relaunch and all the things preferred in the original universe and somehow start to slide them both together, thus making everyone happy and in a way still creating a whole new generation for the D.C. comics.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Do you celebrate your birthday 10 months after your initially birthday?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Video_Martian

@chalkshark said:

Much ado about nothing. Quality wise, some titles read better than before, some read much, much worse, and some are just kind of there. Really, no significant change from where the line was last year. Fresh coat of paint aside, it's just more of the same.

I couldn't agree more.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Billy Batson

@Supreme Marvel said:

Do you celebrate your birthday 10 months after your initially birthday?

For practice, yes.
BB

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By minigunman123

It's somewhat decent, been reading Catwoman, Batman, Teen Titans, Superman and Supergirl, Deathstroke, Batgirl, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Earth 2, Birds of Prey (considering not getting more of this series though), and Batwing... I'm a little iffy on what's in continuity and what's not, but there are many parts of the New 52 I've grown to enjoy, but I think that it's still lacking something. Plus they're changing lots of things I'm not in favor of changing; I will never get over Beast Boy being red.

I don't have loads of issues from any of these series' unfortunately, too much strain on the pocket. Sad face :(

Avatar image for greencrapweasel
greencrapweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By greencrapweasel

I just feel that nobody has it fair when it's coming to the D.C. comics. I mean before the reboot the ongoing readers were happy, but those just starting weren't as happy. Now in the reboot the newer readers are happy, but not all of the ongoing readers are happy. Personally I am tolerating the whole thing because I know D.C. is freakin awesome, but i do feel we should all somehow come together in order for everybody to be happy. So, in somehow going back to right after Flashpoint, through the use of Pandora, and managing to take the two goods and combined them everyone should be happy. If some people still aren't happy then guess what, no matter what we do they won't be happy so might as well hit up the majority over the unpleaseable people.

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FullmetalChobit

I'm a bit mixed about the New 52, although overall I'm still rather excited.  

I'm annoyed J.L.I has been axed because it was really, really good.   

Blue Beetle and Aquaman have been awesome and Batman & Robin is pretty promising.  

I'm hoping Deathstroke becomes a bit more of a three-dimensional character. 

And Green Arrow pretty much sucks so far... 

... so that's all the emotions covered really ;) 

Just bought the Stormwatch graphic novel and I'm looking forward to reading some of the other N52 graphic novels (I wish I had enough money/space in my house to get more of the fortnightly comics....d'oh!) 

AND I'm looking forward to the next wave,  let's just hope the second lot is organised better!  

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ReVamp

Meh it.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By TDK_1997

It still feels really new but it has been surprisingly good.

FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@chalkshark: This.

@sesquipedalophobe: LOL

@cloudzackvincent: Ain't that the sad truth!  
Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Katie24

@FullmetalChobit said:

I'm a bit mixed about the New 52, although overall I'm still rather excited.

I'm annoyed J.L.I has been axed because it was really, really good.

Blue Beetle and Aquaman have been awesome and Batman & Robin is pretty promising.

I'm hoping Deathstroke becomes a bit more of a three-dimensional character.

And Green Arrow pretty much sucks so far...

... so that's all the emotions covered really ;)

Just bought the Stormwatch graphic novel and I'm looking forward to reading some of the other N52 graphic novels (I wish I had enough money/space in my house to get more of the fortnightly comics....d'oh!)

AND I'm looking forward to the next wave, let's just hope the second lot is organised better!

I started picking up Green Arrow When Ann Nocenti started writing for it and I really like it, but the art sucks. In regards to money and space, I'm in the same boat, and I'm just not patient enough to wait for trades to come out. And yeah I'm really looking forward to the next wave, specially National Comics.

FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@Katie24: I'm not so impatient, I've got a pile of comics and books that need a serious attack but somehow only seems to be getting bigger....

Green Arrow for me has been a serious dissapointment. The storyline's are bland and I have no connection with Ollie because he has NO personality whatsoever.

I'm looking forward to reading some Earth 2 but I'm a bit apprehensive about what they're going to cancel next... if it's Aquaman then I may shave my own knees off...
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By z3ro180

been reading red hood, justice legue, superboy , action comics and a bit of superman all been realy good so far

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I like that the New 52 has gotten sales up for Dc and everything feels more organized. The stories are great. So, all in all I really love the new 52.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I personally love it, and reading at least 27 titles