So is Thor supposed to be this weak or what?

• 57 results
flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In the MCCU he seems incredibly weak.

Iron-man gives him a beating

That guy from Thor 2 gives him a pretty good beating

He really hasn't done anything amazing or incredible. Compared to Everyone besides Hawkeye and Widow he really seems weak

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@flashrobin: Tony wasn't beating him..he was clearly losing that fight. When Steve interfered Thor wasn't hurt whereas Tony's armor was clearly damaged.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

Iron Man's power output was increased to 400% max capacity and Tony did no visible damage to Thor while Thor was crushing his suit like a soda can when he got his hands on him.

That guy from Thor 2? You mean Kurse? The character than in the comics is supposed to be 4x greater in strength than Thor? If you knew the character's background, it should be blatantly obvious why he was beating on him.

The only 2 characters that have done any real damage to Thor were Hulk and Kurse.

And virtually all the powerhouses in the MCU have been toned down, it's not just Thor.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man's power output was increased to 400% max capacity and Tony did no visible damage to Thor while Thor was crushing his suit like a soda can when he got his hands on him.

That guy from Thor 2? You mean Kurse? The character than in the comics is supposed to be 4x greater in strength than Thor? If you knew the character's background, it should be blatantly obvious why he was beating on him.

The only 2 characters that have done any real damage to Thor were Hulk and Kurse.

And virtually all the powerhouses in the MCU have been toned down, it's not just Thor.

This^

Also all cinematic versions of characters are weaker than their comic counterparts with the exception of maybe Watchmen which is basically the same power levels between both the comic and the movie. But toning a character down from the comic to an on screen adaptation is hardly a new thing.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By comicace3
@god_spawn said:

Yeah this pretty much answered the thread.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Let's not forget he also went toe to toe with Hulk, and later he destroyed what was probably, at least, a hundred Chitauri - and one of their Leviathans - by blocking the portal with his lightning.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Hasn't done anything incredible

>fights against an enraged hulk in a limited area (helicarrier)

Saying tony was beating thor is like saying molecule man was beating beyonder

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Iron Man give him a beating? At 400% power the most Iron Man managed to do was push him back and annoy him. As for Thor 2, Kurse in the comics is at base strength twice as strong as Thor, at max strength four times as strong.

This is either a troll thread or you're just ignorant...

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

if you want to consider how durable thor/loki are ok.

in the incredible hulk, hulk kicked super soldier belonsky in to a tree one time breaking every bone in his body in to splinters, loki got slammed into a hard concrete floor repeatedly by the hulk like a rag doll, and while stunned got back up later with seemingly zero internal injuries.

just cus hulk or iron man have the thrusting power or strength to throw them or push there physical forms around a bit, it does not mean that said blows are actually causing any damage at all.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By those_eyes

How does Iron Man give him a beating? At 400% power the most Iron Man managed to do was push him back and annoy him. As for Thor 2, Kurse in the comics is at base strength twice as strong as Thor, at max strength four times as strong.

This is either a troll thread or you're just ignorant...

No Caption Provided

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By those_eyes
No Caption Provided

op getting lit up in his own thread.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read a comic lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think OP abandoned thread already.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

Iron Man did not give him a beating:

• Thor was weakened.
  • Thor was massively holding back.
  • Iron Man was at 400% capacity.
  • Thor was literally crushing Iron Man's suit just by holding it.
  • Iron man still did no damage to Thor.

Kurse is supposed to be insanely powerful.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@rogueshadow: How is a comic tie in to Avengers supposed to be considered canon? On what basis is that source an actual canon one? And besides Thor looked fine in the movie itself so I doubt the moviemakers are concerned with a comic explaining why Thor seemed weaker than usual.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow: How is a comic tie in to Avengers supposed to be considered canon? On what basis is that source an actual canon one? And besides Thor looked fine in the movie itself so I doubt the moviemakers are concerned with a comic explaining why Thor seemed weaker than usual.

Because it's a tie-in. The same way the Arrow comics are tied in to Arrow. They even took a scene from that comic and put it in Thor 2. The scene where Loki is standing before Odin, that idea came from that comic.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PabloSL

Took a beating from Iron man? Thor was just going soft on him to avoid hurting him, he could've just ripped his arms off had he wanted to.

Now about Kurse, that guy is 3 times as strong as Thor in the comic books, but still I agree that Thor is too incosistent, cause he took a beating from Kurse and then he held his own agaisnt Malekith with the entire Aether within him, that makes no sense at all.

He did some amazing things, like bottleknecking the chitauri with his ligthning, took down on of those big monsters with 1 hit and tanked a brutal fall from the heavens without really getting hurt.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I like how people are talking about comic book kurse

MCU is not loyal to the comics

look no further than Odin

I mean at the beginning of that movie there were a bunch of kurses, and they go down to spears

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: what do you mean by a bunch of kurses?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: they got those kurse powers by crushing that special kind of rock, in that beginning fight, there were a bunch that did it

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Stubbed toes disprove the highlighted part.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mrnoital

the whole kurse thing is pretty weird

in the beginning fight there were a bunch of elves that crushed those rocks and got those powers

they were taken down by regular Asguardian warriors

it seems safe to assume that lady Sif and the warriors 3 are regular Asguardian warriors

Thor is way more powerful than Sif and the 3

Thor gets smacked around by kurse

so either Asguardians got way weaker now than they used to be, or that one kurse is inexplicably more powerful

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I think people sometimes are a little too conscious of power level.......

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Because it's a tie-in. The same way the Arrow comics are tied in to Arrow. They even took a scene from that comic and put it in Thor 2. The scene where Loki is standing before Odin, that idea came from that comic.

But you can't offer me an official source which says "This comic is a canon prelude to the events in The Avengers" can you?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@rogueshadow said:

@lvenger said:

But you can't offer me an official source which says "This comic is a canon prelude to the events in The Avengers" can you?

An all-new adventure leading you directly into the upcoming Marvel Studios blockbuster THOR: THE DARK WORLD! • What happened to your favorite Asgardians between the events of THOR and THE AVENGERS? What comes next? Find out here! • Thor! Loki! Odin! Heimdall! Jane Foster! Sif! The Warriors Three! All this, brought to you by the powerhouse creative team of writers Craig Kyle (THOR: THE DARK WORLD executive producer) and Christopher Yost (THOR: THE DARK WORLD co-writer) and artist Scot Eaton (CAPTAIN AMERICA)!

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

the whole kurse thing is pretty weird

in the beginning fight there were a bunch of elves that crushed those rocks and got those powers

they were taken down by regular Asguardian warriors

it seems safe to assume that lady Sif and the warriors 3 are regular Asguardian warriors

Thor is way more powerful than Sif and the 3

Thor gets smacked around by kurse

so either Asguardians got way weaker now than they used to be, or that one kurse is inexplicably more powerful

This is purely speculation, since we get next to nothing for information on the Dark Elves in general in film, but it could be argued that the main Kurse warrior in the film was superior to the normal Dark Elf just as Thor is superior to the normal asgardian. He certainly seemed to hold a greater importance than his fellows in the brief scenes he appeared in before using the crystal that empowered him. Or it could have been a 'special' kurse crystal. Or both.

Just tossing that out there. I wouldn't deconstruct it too much.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Threads like these are the reason I'm visiting the general discussion forum less and less.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: It's not exactly what I was looking for but at least it tries to make itself canon if nothing else via the solicit.

Avatar image for lance2legit2quit
Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lance2legit2quit

@JetiiMitra said:

Yeah, they're nerfing him for Iron Man to look good, mainly, although I suspect the female Thor is going to make a film debut and one-up him in order to prove she's worthy of Mjolnir.

Won't even happen. If you read the comments from the writers and president of Marvel it makes it sound like they wanna say no without coming off as sexist. Marvel's president when asked was like well comic book characters change all the time it nothing new and barely bothered addressing it. Thor does pretty well at the box office so there's no need for Marvel to introduce a token character right now.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they're nerfing him for Iron Man to look good, mainly, although I suspect the female Thor is going to make a film debut and one-up him in order to prove she's worthy of Mjolnir.

If female Thor actually appears on the MCU, I'll never watch a Marvel movie again

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't think it really matters, weak or otherwise, its the story and character interaction that matters, not the power level.

Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pablosl said:

@JetiiMitra said:

If female Thor actually appears on the MCU, I'll never watch a Marvel movie again

Like i said whenever anyone on the productions asked about female Thor they always dodge the question so it's clearly not even being considered.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

he's not suppose to be weak but he is frequently used as a plot device, a measuring stick if you will

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oui vey -_- Let me guess, is this one of those "Thor isn't as strong as Goku" or "Thor isn't MOS Superman" things? Geez, give it a rest *facepalm*

Marvel_is_Best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he stronger than any dc hero

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By academic

@god_spawn:

Greetings for peaceful debate

Iron man 1 film CLEARLY shows percentage remaining for iron man suit means power remaining

A 400 percent iron man means he has more energy reserves. It doesnt mean he is amped in strength, speed or increased firepower.

Also it cant be lightening, it was electricity that boosted iron man energy reserve

Thank you

Ivar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pablosl said:

@JetiiMitra said:

Like i said whenever anyone on the productions asked about female Thor they always dodge the question so it's clearly not even being considered.

Are you guys reading the female Thor Book? She is Human how do you make a live action female Thor movie? Even in the comics the whisper and how Mjolnir transform Agent Roz or Jane Foster in the female version of Thor are being made without reasonable explanations that aren't in the canon, imagine live action? I like to remember that Thor comic was based on the Norse God and worldwide casual audience still make that connection, that's why Donald Blake important in the comics was erased in the movies.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PabloSL

@academic: Well the increased fire power seem to be implied on that scene. In any case its not relevant because Thor was not trying to kill him, he would have done effortlesly had he wanted to

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

op getting lit up in his own thread.

Is there something that usually stops someone from getting lit up in their own thread?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@marvel_is_best said:

he stronger than any dc hero

Uh, no. If we are talking movies then superman is much more impressive and if we are talking comics you are way off......

Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar7 said:

@lance2legit2quit said:

@pablosl said:

@JetiiMitra said:

Are you guys reading the female Thor Book? She is Human how do you make a live action female Thor movie? Even in the comics the whisper and how Mjolnir transform Agent Roz or Jane Foster in the female version of Thor are being made without reasonable explanations that aren't in the canon, imagine live action? I like to remember that Thor comic was based on the Norse God and worldwide casual audience still make that connection, that's why Donald Blake important in the comics was erased in the movies.

Donald Blake hasn't been relevant for like 20 years mate that's the only reason he weren't in the movies and Donald does exist in the Marvel cinematic anyway he wasn't erased. Female Thor just seems like a desperate attempt for Marvel to have their own Wonder Woman and the fact that she's human makes her even less interesting just like Thunderstrike and all the other losers. I don't hate female Thor like some people i just think she's a pointless token character that doesn't need to exist.

Ivar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar7 said:

@lance2legit2quit said:

@pablosl said:

@JetiiMitra said:

Donald Blake hasn't been relevant for like 20 years mate that's the only reason he weren't in the movies and Donald does exist in the Marvel cinematic anyway he wasn't erased. Female Thor just seems like a desperate attempt for Marvel to have their own Wonder Woman and the fact that she's human makes her even less interesting just like Thunderstrike and all the other losers. I don't hate female Thor like some people i just think she's a pointless token character that doesn't need to exist.

In the comics Blake only lost his connection to Thor after Thor dead in 2010 Fear Itself, and this was explored in the 2011 Matt Fraction the Mighty Thor, right in time when Thor 1 was released, in the Mcu there is no connection between Blake and Thor, Thor was Thor even when depowered by Odin, Blake was a post-it in a T shirt, female Thor is temporary does any one believe that the Odinson will not be back to be worthy at least in time for the Ragnarok movie?

"I don't hate female Thor like some people i just think she's a pointless token character that doesn't need to exist".

I agree with this statement.

Lance2legit2quit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivar7 said:

@lance2legit2quit said:

@ivar7 said:

@lance2legit2quit said:

@pablosl said:

@JetiiMitra said:

In the comics Blake only lost his connection to Thor after Thor dead in 2010 Fear Itself, and this was explored in the 2011 Matt Fraction the Mighty Thor, right in time when Thor 1 was released, in the Mcu there is no connection between Blake and Thor, Thor was Thor even when depowered by Odin, Blake was a post-it in a T shirt, female Thor is temporary does any one believe that the Odinson will not be back to be worthy at least in time for the Ragnarok movie?

"I don't hate female Thor like some people i just think she's a pointless token character that doesn't need to exist".

I agree with this statement.

Yeah but Donald Blake has always been one of those things the writers don't even bother acknowledge and it's been that way for since like the 90's. And besides Thor and Blake are two separate beings, Marvel's not obligated to have the 2 fused in order to have Blake exist in the MCU. I believe female Thor will be around up until the end of this year when Marvel does what sounds like their New 52 style reboot and then a new Mjolnir wielding Odinson will appear in this rebooted universe and that will be the end of her.